Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caesar Rayford signed by the Indianapolis Colts

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Willingham needed more bullets.

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a HUGE Colts fan now.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I always shook my head that we didn't redshirt Rayford. He had a great build for a DE, and showed some real potential as a pass rusher. Of course...nobody on our staff at the time could help him realize his potential. Small fact.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

I always shook my head that we didn't redshirt Rayford. He had a great build for a DE, and showed some real potential as a pass rusher. Of course...nobody on our staff at the time could help him realize his potential. Small fact.

Actually passion, Rayford was really skinny, and even as a senior was really skinny. He did not have an ideal build for a DE. But he did have a motor, and he was super athletic, quick And started to come on as a true senior. Even as a redshirt senior, I think he was kind of a tweener . Now he's had ,, almost a decade to put on weight and muscle. His body type and age hurt him, and of course being pressed into duty too early. He is very much a dion Jordan clone. then again Dion had the best roids and training table in the country.

Maybe Oregon could have Bulked him up into a All American. didn't happen at Washington, and probably still wouldn't under Ivan. I see minimal gaines in our lineman. Our skill guys look like a mini Adonis, Our linemen look like Jolly Green Giant bean poles.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Willingham needed more bullets.

Sark needs more bullets to his laminated play-calling placard. then maybe he could actually watch the game while his head is buried in that thing looking for the next homicide play, while Sankey and the oline are tearing up the opposittion, deep in OSU's territory, with over two minutes to burn, and game in hand. " No Says Sark, Let's throw the ball three straight times", Burn nothing the off the clock , and give the ball back to OSU with 2 minutes left on the clock. Damn lucky we won that game. f*** pulls this b******* every single game.

Sark hides his scared head and stupid visor behind that placard every game And I'm tired of it. Watch the f****** game Sark And learn how to manage the fucking clock. Sorry, but I lost faith in Sark after that game. Now I'm just waiting to bring in a new head coach. After a 8-4 and 6-7 season, respectively!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Actually passion, Rayford was really skinny, and even as a senior was really skinny. He did not have an ideal build for a DE.

Well, I like athletic and angular DEs. They can be harder to block than fire hydrant-types. I think of people like Greg Spires (formerly with Tampa Bay). Rayford had a long wingspan, and that's what I was referring to. Agree that more meat on his bones would've been ideal.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Chanting "block that kick" is one of my favorite hobbies so I can get behind Rayford.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Actually passion, Rayford was really skinny, and even as a senior was really skinny. He did not have an ideal build for a DE.

Well, I like athletic and angular DEs. They can be harder to block than fire hydrant-types. I think of people like Greg Spires (formerly with Tampa Bay). Rayford had a long wingspan, and that's what I was referring to. Agree that more meat on his bones would've been ideal.
    As quoted in my book, the BC Lions head coach who signed Rayford wondered what the hell the UW strength and conditioning program was doing the whole time that Rayford was there. He couldn't believe how under developed he was.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

As quoted in my book, the BC Lions head coach who signed Rayford wondered what the hell the UW strength and conditioning program was doing the whole time that Rayford was there. He couldn't believe how under developed he was.
    Sounds like that book was a money grab
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

Sounds like that book was a money grab
    I thought it was bitter and political.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Mmmmmm. I like my black men with meat on their bones too. Athletic and angular. Good hips is a plus. Ideal.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Actually passion, Rayford was really skinny, and even as a senior was really skinny. He did not have an ideal build for a DE. But he did have a motor, and he was super athletic, quick And started to come on as a true senior. Even as a redshirt senior, I think he was kind of a tweener . Now he's had ,, almost a decade to put on weight and muscle. His body type and age hurt him, and of course being pressed into duty too early. He is very much a dion Jordan clone. then again Dion had the best roids and training table in the country.

Maybe Oregon could have Bulked him up into a All American. didn't happen at Washington, and probably still wouldn't under Ivan. I see minimal gaines in our lineman. Our skill guys look like a mini Adonis, Our linemen look like Jolly Green Giant bean poles.

He was really skinny because he didn't redshirt and get a year of nothing weight lifting. I've talked to his dad a few times and he told me that when Gilby pulled his redshirt season, Gilby told the dad that Rayford was tearing it up in practice and that the OL couldn't block him. He played a good amount as a true freshman but hardly saw the field the following year. It's a crime that Willingham didn't redshirt him and let him pick up some weight.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I bought a Colts hat when Empermann was drafted and it's still in the mud room. Did you?

Didn't think so.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

I bought a Colts hat when Empermann was drafted and it's still in the mud room. Did you?

Didn't think so.

whats a mud room? you and the old lady get down and dirty in the mud room? Brown Showers? Thought so.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Passion said:

He was really skinny because he didn't redshirt and get a year of nothing weight lifting. I've talked to his dad a few times and he told me that when Gilby pulled his redshirt season, Gilby told the dad that Rayford was tearing it up in practice and that the OL couldn't block him. He played a good amount as a true freshman but hardly saw the field the following year. It's a crime that Willingham didn't redshirt him and let him pick up some weight.

Sounds like he needed to follow the F3 nacho lovers diet

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Passion said:

"...was tearing it up in practice and that the OL couldn't block him".

So that was why they pulled his RS? At the risk of stating the obvious (well, to everybody but Gilby and the other UW coaches at the time) just because the Husky OL "couldn't block him" doesn't mean he was unblockable to the rest of the conference. I guess they found that out the hard way.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Passion said:

So that was why they pulled his RS? At the risk of stating the obvious (well, to everybody but Gilby and the other UW coaches at the time) just because the Husky OL "couldn't block him" doesn't mean he was unblockable to the rest of the conference. I guess they found that out the hard way.
    When I was researching my money grab book, several teammates including CJ Wallace expressed disappointment that Willingham kept Rayford on the bench. They all saw something in him during practice.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Passion said:

When I was researching my money grab book, several teammates including CJ Wallace expressed disappointment that Willingham kept Rayford Hemphill on the bench. They all saw something in him during practice.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    CJ credited Hemphill as being a better athlete than he was in many areas.