Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Red Bryant Cut

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2014 in NFL Talk
Good move. His move to DE was a nice story a few years ago, but I thought he was overrated and not worth the money. Use some of this money to sign Michael Bennett to a long term deal. This might let us keep Clemons for the final year of his deal.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2014

Everyone knew Bryant and Rice were gone a LONGGGG time ago. Surprised Clemons isn't with them as well.

Only reason I think Clemons might stay is because his deal expires after next year. Earl and Sherman's extension money kicks in next year so cutting Bryant and Rice maybe freed up enough space to re-sign Bennett, possibly Tate, and a few other minor signings.

The nice thing about having a football team that has its shit together is that I am not really worried what happens, JS and PC will get the job done.

In other words I could care less.
    I have already heard a lot of hooks say how they don't like this because the emotional leader on the defense is gone.

Christ..... it is like the customers on Pawn Stars who want 2x as much as they should get because they say it has "sentimental value".
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    He averaged 23 plays a game. Not at all worried about losing him plus the Hawks save 8.5 million.

I wouldn't mind him coming back on the cheap but not at all worried about losing him either.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Good move. His move to DE was a nice story a few years ago, but I thought he was overrated and not worth the money. Use some of this money to sign Michael Bennett to a long term deal. This might let us keep Clemons for the final year of his deal.

Agree, he was definitely not worth the money at how often he played. Clemons on the other hand was a beast in the playoffs and was a monster in the superbowl. Some have theorized that his ACL fully healed right before the playoffs and thus he was back to his pre-injury play. One more year of a healthy Clemons would be great.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I have already heard a lot of hooks say how they don't like this because the emotional leader on the defense is gone.

Christ..... it is like the customers on Pawn Stars who want 2x as much as they should get because they say it has "sentimental value".

Yeah hooks are worried now, as expected. Those guys are so painful to listen to. Pretty sure we don't need an "emotional leader" to fire the defense up, and even if we did we could have someone else lead the locker room huddle chants.

These are the same hooks who freaked out that Carroll didn't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Agree, he was definitely not worth the money at how often he played. Clemons on the other hand was a beast in the playoffs and was a monster in the superbowl. Some have theorized that his ACL fully healed right before the playoffs and thus he was back to his pre-injury play. One more year of a healthy Clemons would be great.
    I agree with this. IMO Clemons was the Super Bowel MVP. I would love to see him back for another year.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Yeah hooks are worried now, as expected. Those guys are so painful to listen to. Pretty sure we don't need an "emotional leader" to fire the defense up, and even if we did we could have someone else lead the locker room huddle chants.

These are the same hooks who freaked out that Carroll didn't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck.
    The same hooks were freaking out about losing our offensive "emotional leader" when Pete wisely cut Michael Robinson.

Would these morons rather keep Red Bryant and lose either Sherman, Thomas or Wilson?

That's the problem with bandwagon fans is they don't understand how the game works at all. These same morons won't even notice he's gone by the time preseason rolls around.

On defense I don't even sweat it if the Hawks lose a guy since Carroll is so good at finding defensive talent. He's even better at coaching up the talent. He'll find the new Red Bryant at a much cheaper price.

Also the emotional leader of the defense is either Kam Chancellor or Richard Sherman, with Earl Thomas being the lead by example guy. Don't out think this one Hooks.

Now I would agree with this two years ago when the team was incredibly young and they needed a vet or 2, now it really isn't that important chancellor, Thomas, and Sherman seem to be maturing into leaders, kj wright as well. Besides the hawks still have mebane thre bottom line is you can 't pay that much to a guy who doesn't play every down, especially in a passing league
    edited March 2014

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90917
    I know this isn't along the lines of what you're saying but it's equally dumb. Yeah after we win a superbowl and have a top 5 all time defense, we're going to change our philosophy to a holmgren defense? Good god it's one player

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Everyone knew Bryant and Rice were gone a LONGGGG time ago. Surprised Clemons isn't with them as well.

Only reason I think Clemons might stay is because his deal expires after next year. Earl and Sherman's extension money kicks in next year so cutting Bryant and Rice maybe freed up enough space to re-sign Bennett, possibly Tate, and a few other minor signings.

The nice thing about having a football team that has its shit together is that I am not really worried what happens, JS and PC will get the job done.

APOG wanted me to tell you that you don't "have" a team if you're talking about the Seahawks. That would be Paul Allen who "has" the team.

So just try and get that right, because it really bothers me and APOG when people refer to the Seahawks as "our team" or "my team".

APOG wanted me to tell you that you don't "have" a team if you're talking about the Seahawks. That would be Paul Allen who "has" the team.

So just try and get that right, because it really bothers me and APOG when people refer to the Seahawks as "our team" or "my team".
    I actually might do it more on purpose now knowing it gets under peoples skin so badly.