Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A fucking Beaver fan "gets it"

I am really confused by all of the backlash against my good friend and colleague Lax.

All he seems to be doing to me is looking at your program through the same lens as an Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Florida (I could go one, but you get the point)fan would...I doubt any of their fans react to two losses (both arguably the result of fairly pronounced physical domination) with, "well, remember in in 1927 when we used be bad, and we all thought two losses would be sublime? Can't we just appreciate all the hard work?"

There are a limited number of seats available at the VIP table in the Elite Club dining room. Michigan and Nebraska were not given the new, secret knock...and the waiters are constantly looking at SC and Georgia and thinking "are you really supposed to be here?". Penn State can no longer enter the building.

Oregon's grasp on this has always been a little more tenuous given the disadvantages that will always exist regardless of any money and facilities improvements. In addition, with the rest of the college football world adapting to the pacing, the uniforms, the locker rooms etc..there becomes less and less ways to distinguish yourself.

I just think Lax and Gord and others recognize that what happens in the immediate aftermath of Chip Kelly leaving is vitally important to keeping the ship headed in the right direction. A slide right now, and it is tough to gather that momentum back.

It is simply a matter of perspective...look backwards and always be content with how good you now have it, or look forward and demand the things necessary to complete the mission.

As a Beaver fan, I wish I had these problems.

Comments