Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why We Can Never Fire Romar

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Everyone who made it to this fucking site already knows Romar's list of deficiencies. No need to harp on that shit.

I laughed when he threw his players under the buss by saying we need bigger dudes to advance past the sweet 16, when it was obvious the fucking coaching prevented us from breaking into the elite.

The problem with firing him is the backlash from the community, ex-players (specifically the highly influential young NBA types), NAACP, etc.

He won't leave the program in a good enough position to attract a coach worth a damn that can overcome that negativity.

He has us by the balls, and smiles when he squeezes.

Comments

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    WA basketball >WA football>WA rowing. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Everyone who made it to this fucking site already knows Romar's list of deficiencies. No need to harp on that shit.

I laughed when he threw his players under the buss by saying we need bigger dudes to advance past the sweet 16, when it was obvious the fucking coaching prevented us from breaking into the elite.

The problem with firing him is the backlash from the community, ex-players (specifically the highly influential young NBA types), NAACP, etc.

He won't leave the program in a good enough position to attract a coach worth a damn that can overcome that negativity.

link?

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I believe the comment was something like he noticed that in the later rounds of the tournaments the teams we were facing had bigger bodies (duh) and that we needed to get more of those types of players in the program (duh).

It was around the time we recruited Aziz (the article i'm poorly referencing might be in response to his signing and his potential impact on the program).

I'm reading into it, but imo it was a subtle dig on his personnel, when anyone with eyes as good as Tyrone's could see major coaching blunders cost us more than the players themselves come tourney time.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

link?

All WA is missing is a link to get an invitation?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't agree. Basketball doesn't have the race problem that football does regarding coaches. When's the last time you heard Jon Saunders popping off about a fired black basketball coach?

Romar won't be fired because UW doesn't care.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Both of Ernie Kent's Elite Eight teams didn't even have a center. The 2007 version played Florida tougher that anyone else did in that tourney.

Romar is just a shitty coach.
  • Options
    Even if Romar is fired just remember who is hiring the next coach and that is Pool Boy.

Pool Boy is a fucking idiot and is totally incapable of making a good hire in sports that matter.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If somehow we could cut ties with Romar I think that Shaka Smart could make us a basketball school since clearly we aren't a football one anymore.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If somehow we could cut ties with Romar I think that Shaka Smart could make us a basketball school since clearly we aren't a football one anymore.

He's turned down jobs much better than this one. Can't see why he'd want to work for Pool Boy.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

He's turned down jobs much better than this one. Can't see why he'd want to work for Pool Boy.

It doesn't matter, Romar is not going anywhere until his contract is up, even if he has a bunch of losing seasons until then. Up next is probably Dollar anyways even though he has a terrible record at Seattle U.