Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Indiana Game Thread

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    this is dierickx's season avg's this season.
    7MPG
    0PPG
    1RPG
    0APG
    .3BPG
    1.7FPG
    we should be ashamed for using Joe Wolfinger's name in the same sentence as this loser. He's more of a Breunig
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I said this shit on Doogman, and fuck you Kim! Goss reminds me of Jason Kid coming out of high school. Lots of tear drops in the lane, can get his shot off on anyone, great vision, and point a to point b ball skills

That's probably the best comparison I've seen for him yet. His defense is nothing compared to Kidd's, but his jumper is probably a bit better. His passing has a ways to go to catch up to Kidd's, obviously.

Not a perfect comp, but my favorite one I've seen for him. Well done.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I would love to see Johnson take a starting spot from Andrews.

Funny how all the "Andrews is amazing" talk has completely disappeared this year.

People hated Gaddy so much that they couldn't see how bad Andrews was. Now that Gaddy's gone Andrews doesn't have that buffer anymore.

I used to constantly post the same thing on doogman. Andrews shot 36% and 27% from 3. He was about as inefficient as a player can be. Gaddy was way better, but the hatred for Gaddy was so strong, nobody saw just how bad Andrews was because he played with more fire and wasn't passive. I will take passive over throwing up terrible shots and playing out of control.

I thought me and chavez were the only ones.

I quit doogman by February, but I remember you saying that while Gaddy was a disappointment, he was not quite as bad as many made him out to be, and the ones calling for Andrews to be the starting PG were wrong.

dhdawg said:

this is dierickx's season avg's this season.
    7MPG
    0PPG
    1RPG
    0APG
    .3BPG
    1.7FPG
    we should be ashamed for using Joe Wolfinger's name in the same sentence as this loser. He's more of a Breunig

At least Breunig was good for a pretty breakaway dunk now and then. Gilles' only value is appeasing the PLSS/death2ducks portion of the fanbase.
    Too little too late, but I like seeing the energy right now. They're not quitting, even though the game's long been over. That's better than the alternative, I guess.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am actually really excited to have NWG and Johnson. At a minimum, they will each be here three years, very likely all four. I think those guys will be dangerous as soon as next year. Our future backcourt looks good. Like DNC said, if Upshaw can be a good defensive center, we have a shot to be a good team in a few years.

I don't see it this year, although I enjoy watching this year's team more than last years. It's too bad about Jarreau because I would have liked to see if we could pencil him in as another legit player for next season.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2013

dnc said:

dnc said:

I would love to see Johnson take a starting spot from Andrews.

Funny how all the "Andrews is amazing" talk has completely disappeared this year.

People hated Gaddy so much that they couldn't see how bad Andrews was. Now that Gaddy's gone Andrews doesn't have that buffer anymore.

I used to constantly post the same thing on doogman. Andrews shot 36% and 27% from 3. He was about as inefficient as a player can be. Gaddy was way better, but the hatred for Gaddy was so strong, nobody saw just how bad Andrews was because he played with more fire and wasn't passive. I will take passive over throwing up terrible shots and playing out of control.

I thought me and chavez were the only ones.

I quit doogman by February, but I remember you saying that while Gaddy was a disappointment, he was not quite as bad as many made him out to be, and the ones calling for Andrews to be the starting PG were wrong.

I was in the same boat. I by no means loved Gaddy's game but doogman always needs to have a scapegoat and can never be the guy making millions per year. Those people are so fucking stupid. Last year was my favorite... we were going to be better because the team liked each other more, even though we lost 2 1st rounders. This year it was we're going to be better because we don't have Gaddy and Aziz. While both were maddening, Gaddy wouldn't be the scapegoat if we had better players. Doogs gotta doog.
    Currently being outrebounded 47-23. Rebounding was always the one thing you could count on from a Romar team.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would take Aziz over Blackwell. Aziz's defense and rebounding > Blackwell's offensive game.
    Can this game just end?

Can this game just end?

Not yet. More whistles to blow.

Gilles with the board!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ugly loss but there was a glimmer of hope for a decent future which didn't make it too frustrating to watch. Even though Simmons player is average at best I think when he comes back he will help a ton when it comes to rebounds.
    dnc said:

Gilles with the board!

up to 2, season high!
    edited November 2013
    Enter Gregggg Bell writing an article about how the team went to some 9/11 memorial and how it changed their lives. The games don't matter it's about the players experiencing the big apple.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Gilles with the board!

up to 2, season high!
    And for some reason I think it might end up being his career high at UW.

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Gilles with the board!

up to 2, season high!
    And for some reason I think it might end up being his career high at UW.
    Hopefully the minutes were a career high.

when simmons returns he'll be getting 0 playing time, the way it should be
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Disagree. He's not good, but we are getting killed on the boards. If there is one thing Simmons can do, it's rebound.

• dhdawg said:

Disagree. He's not good, but we are getting killed on the boards. If there is one thing Simmons can do, it's rebound.

Exactly! I saw a team who couldn't rebound which was always a Romar strong point. You need a rebounder in there.

The problem is Wilcox is a terrible rebounder. Romar always had good rebounding teams because his 3 and 2 were always good at rebounds whether it be Wroten/Ross or Holiday/Pondexter or Roy/Bobby Jones he always had perimeter guys who can rack up good rebounding numbers.

I don't see a wing player on this team doing that and our bigs are quite frankly not rebounders either.