Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hype vs Time-Tempered Enthusiasm

2»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AuburnFan said:

Im strangely optimistic. Pretty sure UW handles War Eagle rather easily. Say 34-17?

Damn .... 34 on our D (Some analysts are saying the best front 7 in CFB)? Only 17 with our Offense

Pffft. If Washington beats Auburn it will look something like
    Wash - 27
    Auburn 24
    We? don't make field goals, much less two.

Oh, we! do miss XPs though. Carry on.

Good luck the rest of the way.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AuburnFan said:

Im strangely optimistic. Pretty sure UW handles War Eagle rather easily. Say 34-17?

Damn .... 34 on our D (Some analysts are saying the best front 7 in CFB)? Only 17 with our Offense

Wash - 27
    Auburn 24
    Wrong. The over-under for total points in this one is 3. Take the under. UW wins rather easily, say 2-0.
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

It’s the ghost of Strausser recruiting more than anything.

If we had any 2 of Throckmorton, Sarrell, Eletise, or Vera-Tucker, I’d feel good about this game.

Throck just shoulder pressed 365 yesterday. You know, faggy mustache weight program stuff.

I have to hear about Auburn constantly and its annoying as fuck. Defensively they are fucking ace. They are going to stuff Gaskin, bully your O-line, and rape Brownsocks. If your offense doesn't give up points it will be a win for them.

Their offense last year was the heroics of Johnson. That Bama game was some impressive shit. He was beat to death and just wouldn't quit and obviously he was useless for the SEC title game and they got smoked.

Their O-line isn't great by SEC standards, which means it would be fantastic in the Pac-12. They weren't great at WR and Stidham makes really shitty choices when he is forced to move. It doesn't seem like they have an immediate replacement for Johnson so their running game could be fairly pedestrian. They graduated what was probably the best kicker in the country last year outside of the kid at Oregon (the one time we have a kicker and we blow).

I could easily see the game being similar to the game Auburn played against Clemson last year where is was two QB's getting beaten to death and chased around while nothing happened. It will either be a nail biter or Auburn cruises. If they can run the ball it's over because UW won't.

Just to clarify ... (you were right about our D), but I laugh when people say our OL will be avg. All of our guys our very talented and both Gs have several starts each. We have a grad OT that is turning heads (some say the best overall OL we have) who will play RT. LT will either be Tega or Ashley (5* RSFreshman) .... so AU fans are actually excited about OL while many pundits are just writing them off due to lack of starts at AU .... I actually think we'll be very good with a couple of really good backups.

Our WRs are freaking awesome. IF you ask any AU fan, WR has been the most improved unit on our team over the last 5 years. Nate Craig Myers was the former #1 overall player at one point prior to his injury his Sr in HS. Still ended up a 5 Star WR. He's awesome and now he and SLayton are our best Outside WRs .... Ryan Davis is one of the best Slot WRs in the SEC and had the most WR yards last year. Those three are great, we have 2 other slot guys that won't play (Stove and Hastings) ... but our WR unit is one of our deepest units.

You've never seen a Gus Malzhan team without a 1000 yd rusher. It'll happen again. Kam Martin is one of the fastest guys on the team (#9), but watch out for Asa Martin. True Freshman, was Mr. AL in HS Football last year .... offered by everyone. Those two and Boobie Whitlow will be our 3 backs that rotate. Boobie actually has gotten the most praise about being the best all around back .... best at pass blocking ... so against Wash, I expect to see Kam start but Boobie may bet the most snaps.

The best kicker in the country leaves AU in Daniel Carlson, but his brother Anders Carlson is now a Redshirt Freshman. Anders was the #1 Kicker in the country two years ago and was able to redshirt last year. He beat all of Daniel's high school record and was 3-3 from 40+ (one a 53ydr) in our Spring game.

My concerns? Will the talented OL gel quick enough ... Inexperience at Strong Safety. that's about it.

The Clemson concern was way off ..... They had the best DL in the county last year and we had 2 OL that were fired after that game .... once we fixed the OL lineup is when we went on the run that has us ranked #2 heading into the SEC Championship game.

I think this is one of Auburn's best teams ever .... I do not think we'll go undefeated though as we play Bama and UGA both on the road within 3 weeks,
    if we beat Bama, we'd play in the SECCG again after that gauntlet.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AuburnFan said:

Wash - 27
    Auburn 24
    We? don't make field goals, much less two.

Oh, we! do miss XPs though. Carry on.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    No field goals in the 27.

Missed extra point.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

If we had any 2 of Throckmorton, Sarrell, Eletise, or Vera-Tucker, I’d feel good about this game.

Throck just shoulder pressed 365 yesterday. You know, faggy mustache weight program stuff.

I have to hear about Auburn constantly and its annoying as fuck. Defensively they are fucking ace. They are going to stuff Gaskin, bully your O-line, and rape Brownsocks. If your offense doesn't give up points it will be a win for them.

Their offense last year was the heroics of Johnson. That Bama game was some impressive shit. He was beat to death and just wouldn't quit and obviously he was useless for the SEC title game and they got smoked.

Their O-line isn't great by SEC standards, which means it would be fantastic in the Pac-12. They weren't great at WR and Stidham makes really shitty choices when he is forced to move. It doesn't seem like they have an immediate replacement for Johnson so their running game could be fairly pedestrian. They graduated what was probably the best kicker in the country last year outside of the kid at Oregon (the one time we have a kicker and we blow).

I could easily see the game being similar to the game Auburn played against Clemson last year where is was two QB's getting beaten to death and chased around while nothing happened. It will either be a nail biter or Auburn cruises. If they can run the ball it's over because UW won't.
    You have a troubling obsession with weightlifting numbers at Oregon.

If by obsession you mean I follow the &C coach on twitter that posts all of this stuff, sure.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like WASHINGTON
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #methree
    I just get so fucking frustrated losing big time games. of course that is better than a few years ago when we would lose all the games #owen then improved to 3/4 game losing streaks. it is too early in the season to start my heavy driknign
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'd love to be an optimist, truly. It's healthier. Here's the Auburn vs Alabama game from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyRL5EJN0uY

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gave you an up vote because I am concerned about the OL. It's a real possibility and probably even likely they get destroyed by Auburn's DL.

Fuck off with the Eletise shit tho. He's a backup guard at Arizona.