Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hype vs Time-Tempered Enthusiasm

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Hype:

Hamdan return
DBs
RBs
OL run blocking
Interior DL

Fool-me-once:

Browning
Edge rushing
WRs
Unproven Tevis
Proven BBK

I feel I should be more excited than I am with a team this good, with an actual elite HC, and lots of returning talent. Can't shake the feeling Auburn is going to wack us.

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Hype:

I feel I should be more excited than I am with a team this good, with an actual elite HC, and lots of returning talent. Can't shake the feeling Auburn is going to wack us after the Creep and OBK whacked us.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Im strangely optimistic. Pretty sure UW handles War Eagle rather easily. Say 34-17?

We better hope solo. I'll jump off a bridge otherwise
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Im strangely optimistic. Pretty sure UW handles War Eagle rather easily. Say 34-17?

I like your style spooge
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It’s the ghost of Strausser recruiting more than anything.

If we had any 2 of Throckmorton, Sarrell, Eletise, or Vera-Tucker, I’d feel good about this game.

Throck just shoulder pressed 365 yesterday. You know, faggy mustache weight program stuff.

I have to hear about Auburn constantly and its annoying as fuck. Defensively they are fucking ace. They are going to stuff Gaskin, bully your O-line, and rape Brownsocks. If your offense doesn't give up points it will be a win for them.

Their offense last year was the heroics of Johnson. That Bama game was some impressive shit. He was beat to death and just wouldn't quit and obviously he was useless for the SEC title game and they got smoked.

Their O-line isn't great by SEC standards, which means it would be fantastic in the Pac-12. They weren't great at WR and Stidham makes really shitty choices when he is forced to move. It doesn't seem like they have an immediate replacement for Johnson so their running game could be fairly pedestrian. They graduated what was probably the best kicker in the country last year outside of the kid at Oregon (the one time we have a kicker and we blow).

I could easily see the game being similar to the game Auburn played against Clemson last year where is was two QB's getting beaten to death and chased around while nothing happened. It will either be a nail biter or Auburn cruises. If they can run the ball it's over because UW won't.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Hype:

Hamdan return
    DBs
    RBs
    OL run blocking
    Interior DL

Fool-me-once:

Browning
    Edge rushing
    WRs
    Unproven Tevis
    Proven BBK

I feel I should be more excited than I am with a team this good, with an actual elite HC, and lots of returning talent. Can't shake the feeling Auburn is going to wack us.

Basically if Auburn beats us im committing seppuku on a live feed in the Wam.

#MeToo
    #AllIn
    Subscriptions have never been higher!
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I could easily see the game being similar to the game Auburn played against Clemson last year where is was two QB's getting beaten to death and chased around while nothing happened. It will either be a nail biter or Auburn cruises. If they can run the ball it's over because UW won't.

Sounds like you're saying, either way it will be interesting?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

It’s the ghost of Strausser recruiting more than anything.

If we had any 2 of Throckmorton, Sarrell, Eletise, or Vera-Tucker, I’d feel good about this game.

Throck just shoulder pressed 365 yesterday. You know, faggy mustache weight program stuff.

I have to hear about Auburn constantly and its annoying as fuck. Defensively they are fucking ace. They are going to stuff Gaskin, bully your O-line, and rape Brownsocks. If your offense doesn't give up points it will be a win for them.

Their offense last year was the heroics of Johnson. That Bama game was some impressive shit. He was beat to death and just wouldn't quit and obviously he was useless for the SEC title game and they got smoked.

Their O-line isn't great by SEC standards, which means it would be fantastic in the Pac-12. They weren't great at WR and Stidham makes really shitty choices when he is forced to move. It doesn't seem like they have an immediate replacement for Johnson so their running game could be fairly pedestrian. They graduated what was probably the best kicker in the country last year outside of the kid at Oregon (the one time we have a kicker and we blow).

You have a troubling obsession with weightlifting numbers at Oregon.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Never stops being relevant:

Free Pub Buttfuckers!!!!
  • Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

Hype:

Hamdan return
    DBs
    RBs
    OL run blocking
    Interior DL

Fool-me-once:

Browning
    Edge rushing
    WRs
    Unproven Tevis
    Proven BBK

I like you, you seem like a smart guy!

• Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Damn .... 34 on our D (Some analysts are saying the best front 7 in CFB)? Only 17 with our Offense

Pffft. If Washington beats Auburn it will look something like
    Wash - 27
    Auburn 24