Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doog thread, Doog poaster warning!!! Favorite UW gayme of all time?

124»

Comments

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    The Monsoon on Montlake. Epitomized the home game advantage.

1981 USC

When Chuck Nelson’s FG broke up a 3 - 3 tie and then we recovered the ensuing kickoff in the end zone to seal the victory.

Bow down
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nebraska Classy (91)
    DawgFader said:

1981 USC AKA - The soaking ball FG game.

When Chuck Nelson’s FG broke up a 3 - 3 tie and then we recovered the ensuing kickoff in the end zone to seal the victory.

Bow down

Isn't that the game that ensured SC didn't travel to WASHINGTON (the state) in November for like 30 years?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

DawgFader said:

1981 USC AKA - The soaking ball FG game.

Bow down

Isn't that the game that ensured SC didn't travel to WASHINGTON (the state) in November for like 30 years?
    Yep, USC '81 is my alltime fave. Fred MF Small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHMD_jVkko

Just skip to 16:30 on the vid.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    DawgFader said:

300 200 was a good one.

Fun fact- Kent Baer was Stanford defensive coordinator that day.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Nebraska Classy (91)
    Baseman said:

It's almost hard to believe how fucking shitty you guys were for quite some time

Hard to believe? Not really. UW still manages to find a way to lose to ASU every year.
    that reminds me... a game I heard on the radio with my dad in 1982... Huskies went to ASU when Sun Devils were 9-0 and ranked #3. ASU passed out roses before the game. Huskies won 17-13. Famous one-handed TD catch by Aaron Williams at the goal line. My hands were sweaty and I remember the smell of dad's tobacco smoke as we sat in the den listening to Bob Rondeau.
    I remember the game. No TV. ASU on probation. A Dawg, Rondeau called, classic.
    ASU wasn't on probation. USC was.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All I Saw Was Purple (90 USC)
    Baseman said:

A game no one thought we? would win against a team barking they deserved a #1 ranking after they demolished our Dawgs. Not so fast fuckers.

Counter traps, Jacque Robinson broke it off in Tony Casillas and Brian Bosworth’s ass. TUFF defense. A little help from the Sooner Schooner.

The players hoisted James on their shoulders when the final gun sounded. James thrust his arm up, index figure raised—#1. A night to remember.

On Monday, we woke up from our bender and remembered we dumped a close game to SC. The Mormons— their unblemished WAC season and bowl victory over a six win shit Michigan squad—stole our Natty.

I was working in Alabama for McDonnell/Douglas on space shuttle stuff and they were not going to televise that USC game except regionally - I had been negotiating with a company for returning to the great northwest trying to get more $$$$ from them at the same time. Quickly accepted a lower paying job - quit Alabama on Tuesday, left my wife and two little kids in Bama and mad dashed cross country to have my fucking heart ripped out by USC 16-7.
    Wife drove out with her father a couple weeks later while I went drinking and to strip clubs on a week long bender before having to start work. Can't understand why that marriage never worked out....
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fuck off old man

For mostly sentimental reasons as this happened right in front of me. Too young to remember the glory 90s games.
    Nebraska Classy (91)
    Gladstone said:

For mostly sentimental reasons as this happened right in front of me. Too young to remember the glory 90s games.

It’s too bad we remember the next game against Michigan so much more than that one
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fuck off old man
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

It’s too bad we remember the next game against Michigan so much more than that one
    Thanks.