Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Naz Carter

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Holy shit he’s going to be a problem this year. I know it’s just a summer league game, but his game has matured a shit ton. He’s no longer going 1000000000 miles an hour. He’s changing his speeds to get defenders off balance. He also looks fucking huge. This team has a chance to be really really good. It’s almost like corching matters!!!!1!1!1!1!1

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Holy shit he’s going to be a problem this year. I know it’s just a summer league game, but his game has matured a shit ton. He’s no longer going 1000000000 miles an hour. He’s changing his speeds to get defenders off balance. He also looks fucking huge. This team has a chance to be really really good. It’s almost like corching matters!!!!1!1!1!1!1
    I came here looking to post this. I saw ballislife post and I was like holy shit he looks so good. He has had the talent but this is the smoothest he has looked to me in a while
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You could see flashes last year, but needed to slow things down a little bit. Cannot wait for this season.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Awfully warm out for March
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,380
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Offseason natty baby! The boys are looking bigger and stronger than ever!!!
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Video wasn't super clear, but wasn't that Dejounte Murray guarding him on a few of his scoring plays? Summer league or not, it's impressive to score on a dude who made the NBA's All Defensive Second Team.

So I guess we have the Final Four in the bag next year.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Can we give him to socha and make him a buck?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    Squirt said:

Video wasn't super clear, but wasn't that Dejounte Murray guarding him on a few of his scoring plays? Summer league or not, it's impressive to score on a dude who made the NBA's All Defensive Second Team.

So I guess we have the Final Four in the bag next year.

Yes it’s Dejounte.
  • skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Imagine how good he’ll be when he realizes he has 2 hands to dribble with
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    skinned said:

That's a pretty limited highlight tape, but he wasn't exclusively right handed in it, finished with the left once and dribbled with the left a couple of times. The problem is every time he dribbled with the left he shot the J, every time he dribbled with the right he drove. If that small sample is an accurate reflection of his game, teams will pick up on that pretty quickly. I'm a righty that always prefers shooting off a left hand dribble as well so I get it, but I prefer driving left too. Hopefully he'll show the ability to do more than shoot a jumper when the balls in his south paw.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

skinned said:

That's a pretty limited highlight tape, but he wasn't exclusively right handed in it, finished with the left once and dribbled with the left a couple of times. The problem is every time he dribbled with the left he shot the J, every time he dribbled with the right he drove. If that small sample is an accurate reflection of his game, teams will pick up on that pretty quickly. I'm a righty that always prefers shooting off a left hand dribble as well so I get it, but I prefer driving left too. Hopefully he'll show the ability to do more than shoot a jumper when the balls in his south paw.
    Spending some time at ima with teq?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This basketball team does NOT suck?
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    He was more of an athlete than a polished player last year. If he can make defenders respect his shot he’ll be a real handful for teams. If Naz can round his offensive game out to something close to what Nowell has he’s a all conference lock.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    dnc said:

He was more of an athlete than a polished player last year. If he can make defenders respect his shot he’ll be a real handful for teams. If Naz can round his offensive game out to something close to what Nowell has he’s a all conference lock and potential all American.

Hard to imagine him ever having Nowell's polish, with his athleticism and length that's NBA All Star talent.

For now I'd be happy with him forcing teams to guard him.
    This. By his senior year Naz, if Hop develops players the way I think he does, will be an all-american.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018

dnc said:

He was more of an athlete than a polished player last year. If he can make defenders respect his shot he’ll be a real handful for teams. If Naz can round his offensive game out to something close to what Nowell has he’s a all conference lock and potential all American.

Hard to imagine him ever having Nowell's polish, with his athleticism and length that's NBA All Star talent.

For now I'd be happy with him forcing teams to guard him.
    This. By his senior year Naz, if Hop develops players the way I think he does, will be an all-american.
    Come on guys, anything in summer should be treated like SUMMER LEAGUE. Sure, a few of the guys may have a personal beef to play hard for a possession or two, but if you actually pay attention to his 3 pointers in that shortened film there was literally zero pressure with no screens causing a reason for a defender to drop off. It's what we like to call summer league defense. You shoot and if you make it i'll run back and get the ball to go make my own attempt. I'm also very concerned about the amount of white kids on the floor(yes i went there) if we're comparing to Pac12 level success.

I hate to go DNC on you all, but the help defense in those clips made the IMA blush.

Let's wait till the men come out to play defense this fall before super stroking it.