Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's tax cut didn't trickle down

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
    No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
    You are talking in circles. You say we need a tax cut to keep businesses producing in America then say that most of those businesses don't have the capital to make global decisions. Yes the small mom and pop that makes $100k a year doesn't have large accounting department. They also didn't save much either. But there are many CPAs that'll do the tax work and planning for $5k.... They can't afford that???

And you can read article after article about where the corporate tax cuts went. They were promoted as going to hiring people and investing in New businesses. But any person with a brain knows that corporations were already flush with cash and weren't investing. They don't invest unless there is demand. There isn't increased demand from a tax cut unless it goes to the middle class. So..... They spent it on stock buybacks and dividends with pennies going to employees.

This is very basic economics if you take your Trump dick sucking hat off.
    You’re so far out of your league here even I feel sort of bad for you.
    Care to bring some counter points?
    I think I can answer for him.

Something about freedom. Accuse you of using a logical fallacy. Free market. Back to freedom. Another logical fallacy accusation, this one erroneous. And back to the free market.

I think that covers his whole arsenal.
    Doesn’t seem like you pay attention. But yeah, he’s the king of logical fallacies. Also he’s horrible at basic Econ so when the topic turns to slightly more advanced economic topics it’s an amazing display of fucktared babel which I summed up by his usual “stop sucking Trumps dick”.

Come on APAG, you’re better than this.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
    No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
    You are talking in circles. You say we need a tax cut to keep businesses producing in America then say that most of those businesses don't have the capital to make global decisions. Yes the small mom and pop that makes $100k a year doesn't have large accounting department. They also didn't save much either. But there are many CPAs that'll do the tax work and planning for $5k.... They can't afford that???

And you can read article after article about where the corporate tax cuts went. They were promoted as going to hiring people and investing in New businesses. But any person with a brain knows that corporations were already flush with cash and weren't investing. They don't invest unless there is demand. There isn't increased demand from a tax cut unless it goes to the middle class. So..... They spent it on stock buybacks and dividends with pennies going to employees.

Counter points to what? You didn’t make any to doog bot.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

The doubling of the standard deduction is enough that I don’t have to pay an accountant $350.00 to itemize my taxes, as that deduction is now higher than my usual itemized amount. My tax savings should be another $200.00-$300.00 because of the lower adjusted gross income. My company didn’t pay the employees $1000.00, like some companies, but they did use the savings to acquire another business. That’s where the trickle down occurs for me. They've authorized unlimited overtime while the merger and staffing is completed. I look to pull an additional $20k this year, and should average $10k/year in overtime, going forward.

And usually an acquisition, there are less jobs in the combined company.... Not exactly a job builder, eh?

And you shouldn't need a CPA to itemize your deductions. For reals. They are very straight forward.
    The company we bought was extremely mismanaged and verging on bankruptcy. The combined staff will be less than what was, but more than what was going to be.

Without getting into personal details, my tax situation is complex. I could do it myself or I could save the 6-8 hours of aggravation and pay someone else to do it. I choose the latter.
    Wait a minute. You said you don't have to pay an accountant anymore..... But yet you still do. Which is it? I'll wait until I can prepare my taxes on a postcard.
    The standard deduction, until this year, was $12,000.00. I work from home, have a daughter in college, a daughter w/a disability, my wife is an independent contractor, have mortgage interest, excessive medical bills (almost every year), and a few other things. To maximize my return means I have to complete the 1040, a number of Schedules, etc.. All that effort and I typically get to $15-16k in deductions. I provide the paperwork to my accountant and he completes all the necessary paperwork. I know it’s done right and I don’t have to do the work. Now that the standard deduction is $24k I don’t have to do all that; I’ll take the standard deduction and not itemize.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

The doubling of the standard deduction is enough that I don’t have to pay an accountant $350.00 to itemize my taxes, as that deduction is now higher than my usual itemized amount. My tax savings should be another $200.00-$300.00 because of the lower adjusted gross income. My company didn’t pay the employees $1000.00, like some companies, but they did use the savings to acquire another business. That’s where the trickle down occurs for me. They've authorized unlimited overtime while the merger and staffing is completed. I look to pull an additional $20k this year, and should average $10k/year in overtime, going forward.

And usually an acquisition, there are less jobs in the combined company.... Not exactly a job builder, eh?

And you shouldn't need a CPA to itemize your deductions. For reals. They are very straight forward.
    The company we bought was extremely mismanaged and verging on bankruptcy. The combined staff will be less than what was, but more than what was going to be.

Without getting into personal details, my tax situation is complex. I could do it myself or I could save the 6-8 hours of aggravation and pay someone else to do it. I choose the latter.
    Wait a minute. You said you don't have to pay an accountant anymore..... But yet you still do. Which is it? I'll wait until I can prepare my taxes on a postcard.
    The standard deduction, until this year, was $12,000.00. I work from home, have a daughter in college, a daughter w/a disability, my wife is an independent contractor, have mortgage interest, excessive medical bills (almost every year), and a few other things. To maximize my return means I have to complete the 1040, a number of Schedules, etc.. All that effort and I typically get to $15-16k in deductions. I provide the paperwork to my accountant and he completes all the necessary paperwork. I know it’s done right and I don’t have to do the work. Now that the standard deduction is $24k I don’t have to do all that; I’ll take the standard deduction and not itemize.
    You save in the standard deduction but also lose the $4,100 each for personal exemption. So your taxable income is higher. With a lower rate.

That being said, the thing I hate about politicians and uneducated people like you that don't understand taxes. Itemized deductions are trivial. All that stuff is easy to do. What isn't easy, and what keeps my colleagues busy, is the determination of income. Of which was not touched in the tax reform. And some of it was actually was made harder because of things like what DaBoner said.
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Something about freedom. Accuse you of using a logical fallacy. Free market. Back to freedom. Another logical fallacy accusation, this one erroneous. And back to the free market.

Doesn’t seem like you pay attention. But yeah, he’s the king of logical fallacies. Also he’s horrible at basic Econ so when the topic turns to slightly more advanced economic topics it’s an amazing display of fucktared babel which I summed up by his usual “stop sucking Trumps dick”.

Whatever you think of Honda, I think less of you. Fuck off.
    Sick burn brah....

You seem triggered.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sick burn brah....

You seem triggered.
    Yet all you have produced in this thread is "Honda doesn't know economics" without throwing out one reason why or arguing why I'm wrong. Other than Trump said so.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sick burn brah....

You seem triggered.
    This isn’t Facebook. Be a better poaster!
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sick burn brah....

You seem triggered.
    Yet all you have produced in this thread is "Honda doesn't know economics" without throwing out one reason why or arguing why I'm wrong. Other than Trump said so.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sick burn brah....

You seem triggered.

You just keep posting the same gifs. 1) at just be creative and find better ones. 2) post sport quad wrecks so you don't look ignorant. Bonus points for wrecks in sand dunes.

photo C52A9C30-0E8F-4EC2-9CE4-A265B5AFAB11_zpsrr5uayqw.gif
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

Pics of the daughter in college?

Also, hopefully your wife has an LLC. There is a 20% deduction on pass through income she may be able to get.
    Once again this site proved to be well worth the $10.95 per month.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Since when? Maybe he was some sort of Titan before I came here. Or maybe He financed this site to get started?

Because if not, I only see a whiny bitch that can’t keep her? Story straight from week to week.
    Yet you Trump dick suckers don't come with any valid points. Just suck is dick. Tariffs are good!!!! North Korea is our friend and will denuclearize!!!! Tax cuts will bring in more revenue than they cost!!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yet you Trump dick suckers don't come with any valid points. Just suck is dick. Tariffs are good!!!! North Korea is our friend and will denuclearize!!!! Tax cuts will bring in more revenue than they cost!!!!

Poor baby
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Trump orginally proposed that all tariffs be eliminated. None of our "trading partners" thought it was a good idea.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

Trump orginally proposed that all tariffs be eliminated. None of our "trading partners" thought it was a good idea.
    Facts mean nothing to Hondo. Emotions though are highly valued.
    Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

If that's what you want to believe. Remember, tariffs and tax cuts will keep jobs in America. And if you believe that I have ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.