Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's tax cut didn't trickle down

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
    No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
    You are talking in circles. You say we need a tax cut to keep businesses producing in America then say that most of those businesses don't have the capital to make global decisions. Yes the small mom and pop that makes $100k a year doesn't have large accounting department. They also didn't save much either. But there are many CPAs that'll do the tax work and planning for $5k.... They can't afford that???

And you can read article after article about where the corporate tax cuts went. They were promoted as going to hiring people and investing in New businesses. But any person with a brain knows that corporations were already flush with cash and weren't investing. They don't invest unless there is demand. There isn't increased demand from a tax cut unless it goes to the middle class. So..... They spent it on stock buybacks and dividends with pennies going to employees.

This is very basic economics if you take your Trump dick sucking hat off.
    Hondo FS.

Yes, I'm sure your understanding of economics is better than mine. Every poast you make just screams, "Well educated in Economics."
    Right. Those businesses just handed the money out to the middle class as promised. Ok!

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
    No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
    You are talking in circles. You say we need a tax cut to keep businesses producing in America then say that most of those businesses don't have the capital to make global decisions. Yes the small mom and pop that makes $100k a year doesn't have large accounting department. They also didn't save much either. But there are many CPAs that'll do the tax work and planning for $5k.... They can't afford that???

And you can read article after article about where the corporate tax cuts went. They were promoted as going to hiring people and investing in New businesses. But any person with a brain knows that corporations were already flush with cash and weren't investing. They don't invest unless there is demand. There isn't increased demand from a tax cut unless it goes to the middle class. So..... They spent it on stock buybacks and dividends with pennies going to employees.

Hondo FS.

Yes, I'm sure your understanding of economics is better than mine. Every poast you make just screams, "Well educated in Economics."
    Right. Those businesses just handed the money out to the middle class as promised. Ok!
    I reiterate, Hondo FS. Continue to conflate arguments I guess.
    Didn't think you actually wanted to have a conversation about it.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Hondo FS.

I reiterate, Hondo FS. Continue to conflate arguments I guess.
    He can't help it. HondoFS gonna HondoFS

And you bring nothing to the table either. Other than delusions of Trump.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

No. I got stupid fucking democrat policies led to poor lending practices for social justice bullshit which caused a huge housing bubble and it's eventual collapse that everyone had to pay for.

This is the stupidest explanation of the housing bubble I have ever heard. And that’s saying something.
    Not surprising that it came from Sledog. He takes retard to levels never dreamed of by regular humans.

Where's your explanation Poindexter?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/hey-barney-frank-the-government-did-cause-the-housing-crisis/249903/
    He doesn't have one. Never does. On anything. Braying ass going to ass.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You’re so far out of your league here even I feel sort of bad for you.
    Care to bring some counter points?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I think I can answer for him.

Something about freedom. Accuse you of using a logical fallacy. Free market. Back to freedom. Another logical fallacy accusation, this one erroneous. And back to the free market.

I think that covers his whole arsenal.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Something about freedom. Accuse you of using a logical fallacy. Free market. Back to freedom. Another logical fallacy accusation, this one erroneous. And back to the free market.

You forgot communism and socialism.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The doubling of the standard deduction is enough that I don’t have to pay an accountant $350.00 to itemize my taxes, as that deduction is now higher than my usual itemized amount. My tax savings should be another $200.00-$300.00 because of the lower adjusted gross income. My company didn’t pay the employees $1000.00, like some companies, but they did use the savings to acquire another business. That’s where the trickle down occurs for me. They've authorized unlimited overtime while the merger and staffing is completed. I look to pull an additional $20k this year, and should average $10k/year in overtime, going forward.
    edited July 2018
    USMChawk said:

The doubling of the standard deduction is enough that I don’t have to pay an accountant $350.00 to itemize my taxes, as that deduction is now higher than my usual itemized amount. My tax savings should be another $200.00-$300.00 because of the lower adjusted gross income. My company didn’t pay the employees $1000.00, like some companies, but they did use the savings to acquire another business. That’s where the trickle down occurs for me. They've authorized unlimited overtime while the merger and staffing is completed. I look to pull an additional $20k this year, and should average $10k/year in overtime, going forward.

And usually an acquisition, there are less jobs in the combined company.... Not exactly a job builder, eh?

And you shouldn't need a CPA to itemize your deductions. For reals. They are very straight forward.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

And usually an acquisition, there are less jobs in the combined company.... Not exactly a job builder, eh?

And you shouldn't need a CPA to itemize your deductions. For reals. They are very straight forward.
    The company we bought was extremely mismanaged and verging on bankruptcy. The combined staff will be less than what was, but more than what was going to be.

Without getting into personal details, my tax situation is complex. I could do it myself or I could save the 6-8 hours of aggravation and pay someone else to do it. I choose the latter.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

They're really the same thing. HTH

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Who exactly is holding a gun to your head telling you to pay taxes?
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

The company we bought was extremely mismanaged and verging on bankruptcy. The combined staff will be less than what was, but more than what was going to be.

Without getting into personal details, my tax situation is complex. I could do it myself or I could save the 6-8 hours of aggravation and pay someone else to do it. I choose the latter.
    Wait a minute. You said you don't have to pay an accountant anymore..... But yet you still do. Which is it? I'll wait until I can prepare my taxes on a postcard.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2018

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It also gives full permission for voluntary communism, nazism or the creation of a fucking caliphate. @MikeDamone 's silence on this topic speaks volumes.