Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sad to see how far QB U has fallen

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Between Moon, Chandler and Brunell we racked up a crap ton of starts, but since then it's been slim pickings.

My favorite NFL QB of all time is a Duck by the way. Sad.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Between Moon, Chandler and Brunell we racked up a crap ton of starts, but since then it's been slim pickings.

They certainly produced two good ones, that's for sure.

I would care about my Canes' place on this list, but come on guysm, we? own too many other positions to get greedy.
  • Options
    speaking of dated information, who was the last ND QB worth a shit in the League? I can't remember. Is it really Montana? Talk about back-loaded stats if so.

Cal should be sneaking into the top ten shortly ... one would think.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would care about my Canes' place on this list, but come on guysm, we? own too many other positions to get greedy.
    Plus data like this is chinherently flawed since college football really didn't start until 1983.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

speaking of dated information, who was the last ND QB worth a shit in the League? I can't remember. Is it really Montana? Talk about back-loaded stats if so.

Cal should be sneaking into the top ten shortly ... one would think.
    Rick Mirer was amazing as a rookie! He threw the ball away left handed! Better than Bledsoe!!!
  • Options

Plus data like this is chinherently flawed since college football really didn't start until 1983.
    I realize that Terry Hanratty was a revolutionary player at the QB position, but come on. If 95% of the guysm on your list can only be seen on black & white film, you have a recency problem.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,610
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Early 80s chargers fan too eh? They never should have let John Jefferson leave though. That soured me on them a bit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Early 80s chargers fan too eh? They never should have let John Jefferson leave though. That soured me on them a bit.
    Yep. My fam had season tickets from 1981- 91. I even went to Game 1 of the '84 World Series at the Murph.
  • Options

Your? Canes gave us? Don James, QB.
    Indeed they? did.
  • Options
    chuck said:

That passing attack was ahead of its tim. Joiner, Jefferson, Winslow and Wes Chandler. Fouts was fearless in the pocket and never got enuff credit for being a tuff SOB, because at times he took a fucking beating since he was about as mobile as Dan Marino, which is to say, not at all.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,610
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

That passing attack was ahead of its tim. Joiner, Jefferson, Winslow and Wes Chandler. Fouts was fearless in the pocket and never got enuff credit for being a tuff SOB, because at times he took a fucking beating since he was about as mobile as Dan Marino, which is to say, not at all.
    Yeah they were fun, and ran the ball pretty well too. Chuck Muncie put up a couple of 1000 yard seasons iirc.

There was a flying, one handed grab by Jefferson in the back of the end zone that I never saw a replay of, but is still burned into my memory as the most awesome thing I ever saw on a football field. That was the moment, at about age 8 or 9, where I stopped rooting for Pittsburg simply because my dad hated the Rams and Cowboys, and actually picked a team of my own.
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

Yeah they were fun, and ran the ball pretty well too. Chuck Muncie put up a couple of 1000 yard seasons iirc.

There was a flying, one handed grab by Jefferson in the back of the end zone that I never saw a replay of, but is still burned into my memory as the most awesome thing I ever saw on a football field. That was the moment, at about age 8 or 9, where I stopped rooting for Pittsburg simply because my dad hated the Rams and Cowboys, and actually picked a team of my own.
    CHUCK MUNCIE TOO (pun intended) HIGH!!

Too back Chuckie liked chasing the dragon moar than playing football.

They also that that 'scat back' ... guy from Auburn who caught a lot of passes too. Can't remember his name. #21. James Brooks?

That group was an offensive juggernaut. They scored on everybody. As much of a tool as Winslow (and Jr.) was, he was a fucking beast at TE.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I wonder how many Len Dawson and Bob Griese AFL starts didn't count for Purdue in this exercise?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,265
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

Yep. My fam had season tickets from 1981- 91. I even went to Game 1 of the '84 World Series at the Murph.
    I’m hearing January 31, 1988 was the most speshulest day in Murph history.