Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I talked to my EC football player teammate today about UW chances with EC and in state recruits.

We are fucked.

The core 4 from EC? They don't have interest in UW. Scott has his attitude issues and now hates UW, but the other three just hate Seattle so much they won't play here.

Hector is like LOL going to UW when UCLA and USC and Bama are there lol u funny plus seattle is shit

Rogers doesn't like Seattle weather and is enamored with the big names. Easily the best shot and we have none.

And JT refuses to play in Seattle weather. He hates it so much that he wants to go to UCLA maybe or USC. He tore up a LSU offer because he doesn't care about them and yet he won't come to UW. Oh and he said he would love to fit into the Bama defense but not UW even tho UW isn't that far off. Scared yet?

Sav'ell Smalls is not transferring. Nope. That's not happening. Oh, and he is going to Stanford or Bama. All he talks about apparently.

How do I know this? My teammate said the top tier guys talk to each other and not a single one wants to stay in state. They all hate Seattle and Washington so much they would rather play for Oregon.

Read: Our two best in state classes in a long time and the top tier guys are all going elsewhere because of... Weather?

Obviously it goes deeper. But for all we like to make fun of people for weather comments it clearly has a huge impact on stupid kids (yeah yeah parents of recruits read these boreds. Hi Mr. Scott).

This can be taken with a minor grain of salt since my teammate, while friends with these guys, is not in their inner circles, and things change a lot for teenagers... But we might miss a lot of top fives and threes, and we probably will not clear one high level in state commitment.

The EC guys are gone. Each and every one. Smalls is gone.

We may have a shot at kids like Simon but it is doubtful. Sam Huard is the one I would say UW has a shot with since I didn't hear anything about him and he is the legacy but UW has a serious problem.

This is top tier talent right in the backyard and they aren't even interested.

BIG RED SIGN COACH PETE! YOU SHOULS BE PANICKING!

Again: Things change. I wouldn't be surprised to see UW make a run once they change up the approach a bit. For now though there is a shit ton of work to do.

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Who is EC?

Eastside Catholic
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Board hits must be dropping so the pot needs to be stirred.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,175
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They really care about the weather. Top concern. So deep South makes perfect sense lol.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    Man what can we do to get a public school to illegally recruit these kids again? Private schools, especially ones not even in the city, are the fucking worst.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    Sounds like they aren’t OKGs.
  • Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 144
    I thought we wee sending our number one recruiter over there in Kalepo. Let him work dude
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    Motown said:

I thought we wee sending our number one recruiter over there in Kalepo. Let him work dude

Kalepo isn't going to EC
  • Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 144
    Well let's just offer Scott then dammit. If he has an attitude problem let him kick himself off the team. Effff
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I always knew I liked Bellevue more than Eastside Catholic. And as a Roosevelt alum I am more than happy to say fuck Garfield forever.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    #shuttheprogramdown can't wait for @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi brains to explode if we lose all of these guys lol

If UW lands any one of these guys I will LOL so hard at @jhfstyle24

I find it hard to believe that a UW led defense by jimmy lake will not be held in high regard for all these guys... we do need to freaking offer dj rogers already tho!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    build that wall!!!
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

This is just part of uw's strategy. They don't want these guys on campus too much as recruits. pete is a psychology major and just mindfucking the shit out all the top recruits prior to securing their commits. Just what I am hearing.

This is dead on.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Although it would be great for UW to land every in-state recruit they want they don't need most of them and will likely have out-of-state options that are just as good if not better. Smalls, Hatchett, and JT Tui would sting. I'm not worried about the rest. Winning this season and in 2019 is what matters. Keep winning and the elite talent will come. I don't care where it comes from.