Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"BBK gets dragged for 2+ yards every tackle"

Comments

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I've watched enough of BBK to see he's a pretty good LB. Game winning pick 6 coming against Auburn.

did you watch his ASU film? can you give some examples of him blowing a play up or playing well in an attacking kind of way?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

I've watched enough of BBK to see he's a pretty good LB. Game winning pick 6 coming against Auburn.

did you watch his ASU film? can you give some examples of him blowing a play up or playing well in an attacking kind of way?
    I didn't watch the ASU film. I believe that it's bad. I even remember a couple plays that he missed in that game where his limitations showed.

I remember good plays against Rutgers and Oregon. Most games he was solid. I don't know how accurate PFF ratings are, but he scored high. I don't think he's really a 2nd team All Conference guy, but the coaches voted for him.

He's too small and he's not a hitter. He's not that bad though. He's active and around the ball a lot. He's a try hard, but a good version of one. He's no Cory Dennison.

It's not like we really have other players. Wellington is basically a BBK clone, but a year younger. Beavers was hurt and didn't play that well when he was back.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

Here is every play of BBK last year vs asu: https://youtu.be/28HkDQ8b6f8

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

BBK had 0 impact the rest of the game.

Most of his tackles are diving at guys who are already falling down.

Fucking yikes. That's awful film.
    Psalm-esque motor.
    Lol.

Always. Wrong.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Watched the youtube video (I refuse to call it film) against ASU and he didn’t impact the game much. He didn’t look bad tho.

Still can never get over so many actually thinking he sucked. And don’t give me the bullshit about him only being good as a senior. It’s been proven that he was at least above average from his freshman year.

He got better over time, stopped over-running plays and at least got a hand on guys to slow them down and wait for the help. Many times we saw him jump on a RBs back, who then carried him 4 to 7 yards forward, but he hung on and rode the bull down, so there's that, and that is better than Psalm the Whoosher ever was. BBK had speed and could get into the backfield. He just wasn't heavy enough or a good enough tackler to take guys down and out like we want to see. He couldn't push a guard back at all, so he had to run around them, unlike other LBs who can push OLs back, collapse the pocket and disrupt plays. Wish him and his two moms the best in his NFL career.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

I watched the entire thing. He didn't misdiagnose, overrun or get washed out of a single play, or blow a single coverage. Athletically he's horrifying, especially in the hips. His grade vs ASU would be something like a .5 or a 0, which is average to above average. He'd start at Oregon.
    Agree that he technically did his job on every play but he wouldn't start at Oregon. Dye, Slade, and Hollins are freak athletes and Winston is also way more athletic.

The Ducks had a guy named Rugraff last year that was a walkon who was the exact same human and player as BBK and he did play last year after a few guys got dinged up and provided the same results. He was always where he was supposed to be, but never really did anything.

Every defense in college outside of Bama some years, not all, have a guy like BBK somewhere on their D. For Oregon last year it was Robinson at Safety. This year it will probably be Brady Breeze.
    Mosster is a gift that keeps on giving
  • Options

Watched the youtube video (I refuse to call it film) against ASU and he didn’t impact the game much. He didn’t look bad tho.

Still can never get over so many actually thinking he sucked. And don’t give me the bullshit about him only being good as a senior. It’s been proven that he was at least above average from his freshman year.

He got better over time, stopped over-running plays and at least got a hand on guys to slow them down and wait for the help. Many times we saw him jump on a RBs back, who then carried him 4 to 7 yards forward, but he hung on and rode the bull down, so there's that, and that is better than Psalm the Whoosher ever was. BBK had speed and could get into the backfield. He just wasn't heavy enough or a good enough tackler to take guys down and out like we want to see. He couldn't push a guard back at all, so he had to run around them, unlike other LBs who can push OLs back, collapse the pocket and disrupt plays. Wish him and his two moms the best in his NFL career.
    Taking on blocks is an overrated skill outside of DL. It’s better to anticipate and avoid them. There are times where it’s good to take on a block so a teammate can make the play, but in space, avoid them. Budda was the best at this.
    It's not just taking on blocks, but blowing up, or at least engaging the guard and disrupting the OLs two-on-one play by forcing the OT into a one-on-one with the DT, which collapses the pocket. BBK wasn't built to do that. It's not his fault that he's not that big or heavy. That's a recruiting issue.

But he frequently tackled very high and rode on RBs backs because he didn't have the size or strength to collapse the pocket or tackle RBs for a loss when he was in the backfield and getting a hand on them. We frequently saw potential 3 or 4 yard losses turned into 3 or 4 yard gains when BBK started with a hand or arm on a guy in the backfield, but got dragged or carried forward for plus yards.
  • Options
    But none of that matters, when you consider that goldilocks hair bullshit. I fucking hate long hair in Football. Hate it on BBK, hate it on Richard Sherman, hate in on Clay Matthews, hated it on Isaiah Stanback. Stupid, vain, messy...just fucking stupid. Sorry. It doesn't belong. It's annoying like someone talking with food stuck in their teeth. Annoying as fuck, and useless, except for the occasional tackle when a bitch's hair is all there is to grab.

Football players should look like men, not Fabio.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

I can’t wait till his ass gets exposed after not having an first rounder in front of him. But I have hope Sirmon will beat him out.
    Lol
    Dialed in
  • Options
    Baseman said:

I was wrong —sort of —about BBK. He made himself into an amazing player. Opposing offenses did target him in the run game and the defense struggled against quality power running teams.

I blame Gregory. BBK belonged at WIL playing alongside a prototypical thumper with. They don’t grow on trees.
    They’re tough prying away from the Bluebloods. But so was Tui, so was Tuitele, So were Bandes and Taki.

Jimmy Lake can go toe to toe on any player.

The James teams had mostly equal talent in each of the position groups, clearly not the case here. Pete is a hell of a coach but until we get a balanced roster, we aren’t going above Pac12 championships and NY6 invites.

Bashing the kids sucks. It’s more of an indictment of the holes on the roster. O’Brien belonged at Oregon State or in the WAC, not on a team trying to win the PAC 12 and an NY6

On one hand the coaches have proven they can develop the recruits we scoff at, but they shouldn’t get the “trust the coaches pass” until UW wins an NY6

O’brien at least could contain and be disciplined on maintaining the edge
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Baseman said:

I was wrong —sort of —about BBK. He made himself into an amazing player. Opposing offenses did target him in the run game and the defense struggled against quality power running teams.

I blame Gregory. BBK belonged at WIL playing alongside a prototypical thumper with. They don’t grow on trees.
    They’re tough prying away from the Bluebloods. But so was Tui, so was Tuitele, So were Bandes and Taki.

The James teams had mostly equal talent in each of the position groups, clearly not the case here. Pete is a hell of a coach but until we get a balanced roster, we aren’t going above Pac12 championships and NY6 invites.

Bashing the kids sucks. It’s more of an indictment of the holes on the roster. O’Brien belonged at Oregon State or in the WAC, not on a team trying to win the PAC 12 and an NY6

On one hand the coaches have proven they can develop the recruits we scoff at, but they shouldn’t get the “trust the coaches pass” until UW wins an NY6

I thought O’Brien was pretty good his junior year. I was surprised. If you’re going to have weak spots, it’s better to have guys who play assignment sound football, which o’Brien seemed to do.
  • Options

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

I thought O’Brien was pretty good his junior year. I was surprised. If you’re going to have weak spots, it’s better to have guys who play assignment sound football, which o’Brien seemed to do.
    He definitely was well coached and understood the game
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

This is fucking hysterical.

HEADY PLAYER WITHE HIGH MOTOR...

...does nothing but go to the wrong place, get pushed out of the way and hits like a feather falling to the floor.

Also: Myles Bryant... yeeeeeeesh.

Also: Ryan Bowman gets upfield. I bet by his senior year Bowman will be really good against 9-10 teams on our schedule.
    This is one of my favorite shitty DDY takes. BBK and Bryant are awful, but Ryan Bowman is going to be the saving grace of the defense. For a smart guy, Dennis sure is a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

After re-reading this thread and all of the overreactions to his ASU film (which was really just an average game out of him, nothing spectacular for better or worse), you're now the only one who's evaluation I would trust. So many fuckers were off the mark on this thread and it just became an echo chamber of misinformed amateur scouts.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

After re-reading this thread and all of the overreactions to his ASU film (which was really just an average game out of him, nothing spectacular for better or worse), you're now the only one who's evaluation I would trust. So many fuckers were off the mark on this thread and it just became an echo chamber of misinformed amateur scouts.
    RoadDawg is the most underrated football evaluator on the bored, I've been saying it for years.