Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"BBK gets dragged for 2+ yards every tackle"

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

I would love to know what the coaches see from him that makes them think he's good? Clearly he's not talented. His off season bulked up weight might be 220 but he looks like he plays at 205-210. He can't stand up a lineman at all and is forced to try to run around them and sometimes underneath their blocks. If a lineman gets his hands on him it's over, he's getting pancaked. He is often forced to take bad angles because of this. He's not physical. He gets dragged. He looks like he's running hard but he's not actually moving fast. Forget about fearing him. Opponents don't even respect him, often giving him an extra shove after the whistle. His presence on the field severely decreases the overall swag and physicality of the defense and makes them look like shrivel dicks. Who gives a fuck if he's smart and knows what he's supposed to do 100% of the time if he still isn't talented enough to consistently execute it? I still think a healthy DJ Beavers is better than him. Jackson Sirmon is probably better than him right now. Somebody has to be better than him. I can't watch him be the starter for an entire season.

That part made me laff.
    #metoo No shit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Like when our heady player was looking to the sideline while Penn State was actively snapping the ball.

That's brutal … he engages his block and immediately gets pushed 2 yards backwards … FUCK
  • Options
    Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

Here is every play of BBK last year vs asu: https://youtu.be/28HkDQ8b6f8

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

BBK had 0 impact the rest of the game.

Most of his tackles are diving at guys who are already falling down.

Holy Shit ... I need a drink after watching that ... I'm not even sure P-SALM's film looked THAT bad
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Who ended up winning

I didn't finish it

Tia
  • Options
    dtd said:

Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

I watched the entire thing. He didn't misdiagnose, overrun or get washed out of a single play, or blow a single coverage. Athletically he's horrifying, especially in the hips. His grade vs ASU would be something like a .5 or a 0, which is average to above average. He'd start at Oregon.
    As crazy as it sounds, I think this is what the coaches see.

The defense is definitely built on the philosophy of everybody doing their job. When you look at the ASU film there are instances where you can see that he goes in and forces 1-2 blockers to take him out of the play leading to the next guy able to make the play.

To the coaches, I think that they likely think that they'd rather have a guy that occasionally gets physically blown out of a play but rarely is out of place in the game versus a guy that physically is able to do the job but can't figure out where he's supposed to be.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dtd said:

Bread said:

I watched the entire thing. He didn't misdiagnose, overrun or get washed out of a single play, or blow a single coverage. Athletically he's horrifying, especially in the hips. His grade vs ASU would be something like a .5 or a 0, which is average to above average. He'd start at Oregon.
    As crazy as it sounds, I think this is what the coaches see.

The defense is definitely built on the philosophy of everybody doing their job. When you look at the ASU film there are instances where you can see that he goes in and forces 1-2 blockers to take him out of the play leading to the next guy able to make the play.

To the coaches, I think that they likely think that they'd rather have a guy that occasionally gets physically blown out of a play but rarely is out of place in the game versus a guy that physically is able to do the job but can't figure out where he's supposed to be.
    This lends itself to UW giving up the fewest explosive plays in the country. Sound assignment football and being where they should be doesn’t make the play when physically unimpressive, but it does allow teammates to keep the play from blowing open.

It’s just a shitty realization when the Dline was physically dominant and the DB’s mix extreme athleticism with stellar technique.

Athletes on that level at linebacker who still play sound assignment football looks like it’s on it’s way though.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,068
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Bread said:

Bring this rational shit back to dawgman! I feel ya. It's easy to mock BBK but its also easy to see where he contributes.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Alexis said:

Yeah, but which LB would you fuckers want your daughter to marry. Yeah, I thought so.

Now I'm headed to the film room. BBK is going to let me in.

Jack Sirmon...brb jo
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BBK is the greatest player to ever live. He’s so good that he makes men tremble and women squirt at the mere sight of him patrolling the middle of the formation.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I would love to know what the coaches see from him that makes them think he's good? Clearly he's not talented. His off season bulked up weight might be 220 but he looks like he plays at 205-210. He can't stand up a lineman at all and is forced to try to run around them and sometimes underneath their blocks. If a lineman gets his hands on him it's over, he's getting pancaked. He is often forced to take bad angles because of this. He's not physical. He gets dragged. He looks like he's running hard but he's not actually moving fast. Forget about fearing him. Opponents don't even respect him, often giving him an extra shove after the whistle. His presence on the field severely decreases the overall swag and physicality of the defense and makes them look like shrivel dicks. Who gives a fuck if he's smart and knows what he's supposed to do 100% of the time if he still isn't talented enough to consistently execute it? I still think a healthy DJ Beavers is better than him. Jackson Sirmon is probably better than him right now. Somebody has to be better than him. I can't watch him be the starter for an entire season.

White + Smart + Submissive = OKG
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    dtd said:

Bread said:

Agree that he technically did his job on every play but he wouldn't start at Oregon. Dye, Slade, and Hollins are freak athletes and Winston is also way more athletic.

The Ducks had a guy named Rugraff last year that was a walkon who was the exact same human and player as BBK and he did play last year after a few guys got dinged up and provided the same results. He was always where he was supposed to be, but never really did anything.

Every defense in college outside of Bama some years, not all, have a guy like BBK somewhere on their D. For Oregon last year it was Robinson at Safety. This year it will probably be Brady Breeze.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Bread said:

Agree that he technically did his job on every play but he wouldn't start at Oregon. Dye, Slade, and Hollins are freak athletes and Winston is also way more athletic.

The Ducks had a guy named Rugraff last year that was a walkon who was the exact same human and player as BBK and he did play last year after a few guys got dinged up and provided the same results. He was always where he was supposed to be, but never really did anything.

Every defense in college outside of Bama some years, not all, have a guy like BBK somewhere on their D. For Oregon last year it was Robinson at Safety. This year it will probably be Brady Breeze.
    the try white hards must be purged of their scholarships
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Bread said:

the try white hards must be purged of their scholarships
    Cruel.

They actually came to play school.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    In my experience, a good solution is to play with a raging hard-on and use it like a sand anchor.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've watched enough of BBK to see he's a pretty good LB. Game winning pick 6 coming against Auburn.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I've watched enough of BBK to see he's a pretty good LB. Game winning pick 6 coming against Auburn.

Bold. Strategy.

• Options

I can’t wait till his ass gets exposed after not having an first rounder in front of him. But I have hope Sirmon will beat him out.