Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Please convince me our passing game won't be a total shit show in 2018

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    How do you expect to build a good passing game if you dont throw it more?

I'm thinking about 70/30 passing/running.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Anyone can have one bad play!!!
  • Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

BaldwinIV said:

I hate our midget WRs. The only TE to get excited about is apparently out for the season. Underclassmen WRs rarely play because the playbook is too complicated or something?

Too many people are too optimistic on the offense this year.

Here is the argument:

Hamdan knows Browning is limited as a QB and he also knows what he has in Gaskin and Ahmed. With a veteran OL, he leans on the running game heavily and it is very formidable, which allows him to put Browning in great situations to be successful passing the ball (off play action, against favorable defenses, etc.) and helps keep the UW out of third and long. Fuller takes a big step forward, Jones is familiar enough with the offense to be a reliable #2 target and one of the freshmen, either true or RS, steps up in a big way. McClutchins is healthy and makes some big plays here and there. None of the healthy TEs are as dynamic as Bryant, but they are all capable pass catchers who can sit down in a zone or occasionally split coverage on a seam route. Gaskin and Ahmed are also used liberally as pass catchers. Browning takes fewer sacks because the OL is better and because Hamdan uses a shock collar to teach him not to hold onto the ball for 8 seconds.

All told, the passing offense is actually better than it was last season, but still well short of where it was in 2016.

(I don't really believe it will play out this way, but this is the argument)
    load the box with 8 guys, dare Browning to beat you

We using Oregon's Defense to make a point? LOL