Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We "are getting killed on the trail" - UO vs UW commitment analysis

Let's dig a little deeper into this disturbing claim shall we?

Oregon has 11 incoming frosh commitments and UW has 9. Oregon has 7 incoming frosh (63.7%) who are currently rated 4 stars (via 247, which we will use throughout this analysis). UW has only 5 (55.6%). Each has a JUCO OL and Oregon's appears by all indications to be better, so advantage Oregon on that. But this analysis will look at kids who will have full eligibility upon arriving on campus (assuming everyone qualifies of course).

Oregon's 4 stars, position (national rank)
Mase Funa, OLB (I'm guessing he's an inside LB but whatever) (47)
Jeremiah Criddell, CB (76)
Mykael Wright, CB (95)
Sean Dollars, RB (120)
Josh Delgado, WR (191)
Jayvaun Wilson, ATH (301)
Patrick Herbert, WTE (313)

Washington's 4 stars, position (national rank)
Dylan Morris, QB (154)
Kamren Fabiculanan, CB (243)
Cameron Davis, RB (254)
Nathaniel Fuck BallzDeep Kalepo, OT (308)
Sama Paama, DT (329)

Off the top you notice Oregon has 4 kids rated higher than UW's top kid, and a fifth higher than UW's second. Advantage Oregon.

Let's go position by position:

QB: Cale Millen (3 *, 521) vs Dylan Morris (4*, 154)
No way to spin this as anything but a major UW victory unless you're a serious Quook.
Advantage: UW (large)

RB: Sean Dollars (4*, 120) vs Cameron Davis (4*, 254)
UW offered both Oregon only offered Dollars. UW clearly prioritized Davis. Oregon obviously prioritized Dollars. Based on rankings it's a win for Oregon but Dollars better be much faster than he timed at the Opening or this is a massive UW win. If we add Jayvaun Wilson (4*, 301) who might play on the other side of the ball it's a big win for Oregon. Unless a Duck fan talks me out of it I'm putting Wilson here since he seems more likely to play RB to me.
Advantage: Oregon

WR: Josh Delgado (4*, 191) and JR Waters (3*, 1034) vs Taj Davis (3*, 408)
UW kept pushing Delgado off and took Davis' commitment as soon as he was ready. Looks like both schools got the kid they wanted. UW DWJRWA.
Advantage: UW (Waters is a big anchor here)

TE: Patrick Herbert, (4*, 313) vs nobody
Once Herbert gets his reads down this thing will get ugly quick.
Advantage: Oregon (I doubt any UW fan really thinks we're getting one of the superior TE's we are currently in on)

OL: Nobody vs Nathaniel Kalepo (4*, 308)
Oregon clearly wanted Kalepo, offering him before UW did and pushing hard for his commit which they nearly got. But they didn't.
Advantage: UW

(Again, JUCO OL Oregon has the edge)

Offense - UW wins QB and OL, Oregon wins RB and TE, and gets the rankings win at WR.

DL: Keyon Ware Hudson (3* 550 [Composite 4 star]), Suaava Poti (3* 427) and Isaac Townsend (3* 377) vs Sama Paama (4*, 329) and Noa Ngalu (3*, 472)
UW offered Hudson. Oregon offered Paama. If I were confident in Paama's commit this would be a win for UW, but since it's a little shaky we'll call it a draw.
Advantage: Push

LB: Mase Funa (4*, 47) vs Alphonzo Tuputala (3*, 853) Miki Ah You (3*, 861)
Funa doesn't list a UW offer but considering he does list offers from USC, Oklahoma, ND, Texas and Florida State I'm going to assume we either didn't think we haswtg, or he just didn't bother listing our? offer. Either way, kid's a stud. Ah You lists an Oregon offer, Tuputala does not. UW is in on some big time LBs and may be able to close ground, but right now this is a big Oregon win.
Advantage: Oregon (large)

DB: Jeremiah Criddell (4*, 76), Mykael Wright (4*, 95) and Marques Caldwell (3* 694) vs Kamren Fabiculanan (4*, 243)
Criddell is rated higher but I think Wright is the bigger catch here, he tests very well whereas Criddell does not. I'd take either of them. Caldwell doesn't seem that impressive but UT is trying to make a run to keep him home so who knows? Fabiculanaananana is the next Jimmy Lake special. Oregon gets the big edge here but does anyone really think their DB class is going to look better in 2023? Not as long as the GOAT is on the UW sidelines.
Advantage: Oregon

After digging into it, Oregon's class is stronger than I expected but not where I expected. With Cristalballz I thought they'd be real strong up front but their frosh OL class is non existent and their DL class isn't special at this point despite allocating three schollies to it. It looks like another year of good to great skill players at everything but QB, but another year of falling behind UW at incoming QB talent can't be exciting for Quook nation. I like UW's chances of finding an underrated WTE to be just as good as Herbert redux if not better.

Will be interesting to see if UW can keep Paama and Oregon can keep Caldwell.

Obviously it's June 27 so LIFPO, just thought a position by position comparison would be chinteresting as we hit the dead period.

Assuming Crystoballz sticks around I would guess UO stays ahead of UW in the recruiting rankings this year but I don't think they'll continue to lead by 20 spots or so. And I definitely don't think Lake and Co are getting killed on the trail. Both schools seem to be getting their kind of kids. I like it.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    1 - Davis > Dollars
    2 - its fucking June
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

1 - Davis > Dollars
    2 - its fucking June

1. I agree. Davis was the #2 RB on my bored (after Austin Jones who is on another level and before Charboner)

2. "Obviously it's June 27 so LIFPO"

hth

• Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

UW kept pushing Delgado off and took Davis' commitment as soon as he was ready. Looks like both schools got the kid they wanted. UW DWJRWA.

DL: Keyon Ware Hudson (3* 550 [Composite 4 star]), Suaava Poti (3* 427) and Isaac Townsend (3* 377) vs Sama Paama (4*, 329) and Noa Ngalu (3*, 472)
    UW offered Hudson. Oregon offered Paama. If I were confident in Paama's commit this would be a win for UW, but since it's a little shaky we'll call it a draw.

Ridiculous analysis
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Ridiculous analysis
    Go on
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So it basically comes down to Oregon has about 5-6 commits we would like to have and UW has about 5-6 commits
    Oregon would want. As always it comes down to how the class closes out.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Ridiculous analysis
    Go on
    Your data is way off, some of the bigger mistakes;

Keyon Ware Hudson is a 4* and ranked nationally at 305 not 505
    Ngalu is 646 not 472

Waters is ranked at 765 not 1034

Point of showing this is the ridiculousness of drawing any sort of conclusions....

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Ridiculous analysis
    Go on

Ngalu is 646 not 472

Point of showing this is the ridiculousness of drawing any sort of conclusions....

You're using composite rankings, I'm using the actual 247 rankings (this was addressed in the post).

Try again.
    Your numbers are all off...

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Ridiculous analysis
    Go on

Ngalu is 646 not 472

You're using composite rankings, I'm using the actual 247 rankings (this was addressed in the post).

Try again.
    Your numbers are all off...

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

You're still wrong. Those are the composite rankings. Go to the individual player page and it shows 247s ranking.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    Swaye's Wigwam