Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My thoughts on the class so far (long)

12345679»

Comments

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I think we should recruit some of these French guys to play running back. Everyone KNOWS you don't need to coach running backs. FAST STRATEGY!!!!1

I don’t mind stupid posts that are idiotic and troll-y, but at least be funny.
    I'm being completely serious, Dennis! We are missing a HUGE pool of fast strategy recruits in Africa. So what if they've never played? Just sign them up and let them rip it brah! Instant supply of Heisman winners! Surprised no one has thought of it yet!!!
    I would appreciate this if it was actually funny, but since it's not... That's not even what I said. I said being a good runner is mostly talent. Athleticism is part of that, but it's not the only thing. Jomon Dotson is athletic, but a shitty RB.

Gaskin is a decent athlete, but he doesn't have elite speed or size. However he is a really instinctive and agile runner, and he's tough. He would've suceeded here with any coach. My whole point is we need a coach who can recruit players with that kind of talent.

If you think we can just luck into another Gaskin, or luck into underrated local recruits every year, and thus recruiting doesn't matter... Then you're even dumber than you pretend to be when you're "trolling".
    Ummm... Show me a vid of Gaskin getting caught from behind. And wasn’t He a champion sprinter in HS as well. Us? Cougs judge our recruits by other offers because a few short years ago, we rarely got guys that HAD other PAC 12 offers and some with no D1 offers.

Champion programs don’t care about that shit. They offer the best guys for their programs and the other offers for them come in after that. Stanford doesn’t care who else offered their recruits and they usually end up top 15-20 too.

You had enough talent to make the playoff last year, you just don’t have the QB. You all showed a video of your favorite whipping Boy against ASU and I saw maybe 2 plays that He could have done better. You had the talent, maybe still do. But unless your QB play improves, it will be the same season as last.
    That's what you took from that post? I wasn't shitting on Gaskin. I fucking love Gaskin. I loved Gaskin as a recruit. My whole fucking point is that we can't expect underrated three-stars like Gaskin and Rapp to fall in our lap every year. We have to win battle for highly rated recruits, too.

But since you want to twist what was basically an aside in my post: Who cares if he was an elite sprinter in high school? Is he an elite sprinter in college? Didn't fucking think so. Do you also care about high school stats? Because by that metric, your boy Browning is fucking elite.

Hey everyone! Salemcoog just said Browning is elite! That's not a twist either, that's a direct quote! Everyone point and laugh! Fucking dipshit.
    So you couldn’t find any vids of Gaskin being caught from behind then.

I don't like to attribute to malice what can be just as easily attributed to stupidity, and the fact that you're a coog made it quite easy to assume that you just have poor reading comprehension.

Sadly, it seems you're just a PurpleJ-tier troll.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I think we should recruit some of these French guys to play running back. Everyone KNOWS you don't need to coach running backs. FAST STRATEGY!!!!1

I'm being completely serious, Dennis! We are missing a HUGE pool of fast strategy recruits in Africa. So what if they've never played? Just sign them up and let them rip it brah! Instant supply of Heisman winners! Surprised no one has thought of it yet!!!
    I would appreciate this if it was actually funny, but since it's not... That's not even what I said. I said being a good runner is mostly talent. Athleticism is part of that, but it's not the only thing. Jomon Dotson is athletic, but a shitty RB.

Gaskin is a decent athlete, but he doesn't have elite speed or size. However he is a really instinctive and agile runner, and he's tough. He would've suceeded here with any coach. My whole point is we need a coach who can recruit players with that kind of talent.

If you think we can just luck into another Gaskin, or luck into underrated local recruits every year, and thus recruiting doesn't matter... Then you're even dumber than you pretend to be when you're "trolling".
    Ummm... Show me a vid of Gaskin getting caught from behind. And wasn’t He a champion sprinter in HS as well. Us? Cougs judge our recruits by other offers because a few short years ago, we rarely got guys that HAD other PAC 12 offers and some with no D1 offers.

Champion programs don’t care about that shit. They offer the best guys for their programs and the other offers for them come in after that. Stanford doesn’t care who else offered their recruits and they usually end up top 15-20 too.

You had enough talent to make the playoff last year, you just don’t have the QB. You all showed a video of your favorite whipping Boy against ASU and I saw maybe 2 plays that He could have done better. You had the talent, maybe still do. But unless your QB play improves, it will be the same season as last.
    That's what you took from that post? I wasn't shitting on Gaskin. I fucking love Gaskin. I loved Gaskin as a recruit. My whole fucking point is that we can't expect underrated three-stars like Gaskin and Rapp to fall in our lap every year. We have to win battle for highly rated recruits, too.

But since you want to twist what was basically an aside in my post: Who cares if he was an elite sprinter in high school? Is he an elite sprinter in college? Didn't fucking think so. Do you also care about high school stats? Because by that metric, your boy Browning is fucking elite.

Hey everyone! Salemcoog just said Browning is elite! That's not a twist either, that's a direct quote! Everyone point and laugh! Fucking dipshit.

I don't like to attribute to malice what can be just as easily attributed to stupidity, and the fact that you're a coog made it quite easy to assume that you just have poor reading comprehension.

Hey you’re the dude that said Gaskin had average speed and was a try hard 3 Star, not Me. Just admit you’re wrong and quit embarrassing yourself.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Hey you’re the dude that said Gaskin had average speed and was a try hard 3 Star, not Me. Just admit you’re wrong and quit embarrassing yourself.
    Which part of "don't twist" is it you don't understand? Is it the don't? Or is it the twist?

I've actually come back around to you not having basic reading skills.

Let me break this down for you since you seem incapable of following it on your own:

1. I said Gaskin DOESN'T HAVE ELITE SPEED. I never said average. But even if I had said average, which I fucking didn't, average is not the same as slow. It's just average compared to other starting college RBs. Learn what relative means, fuckface.

2. I said Gaskin was an UNDERRATED RECRUIT. I never said try-hard. I said UNDERRATED. As in not correctly rated based on how good he is. We can't expect to be lucky enough to have top-tier in-state recruits we don't have to compete for because they're underrated, year after year.

You should admit that you can't fucking read. Every step of the way you're just putting words in my mouth and trying to misrepresent what I actually said.

Either admit that you're a fucking moron, or pretend that you were trolling so you can save face. Either way, I've had enough trying to debate someone who has a worse grasp of their own language than I do.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gaskin was so GOOD as an 18 year old that he didn't even need to be coached. Keith Bonnerpha is USELESS!!!1
    PurpleJ said:

Gaskin was so GOOD as an 18 year old that he didn't even need to be coached. Keith Bonnerpha is USELESS!!!1

Nice of you to finally admit it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I'll let you know in four or five years! Time will tell! Either way it will be interesting!

J? I would like to hear your thoughts now that the time has passed

@PurpleJ
    @coronabruin