Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the better pieces from this week on immigration

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/06/21/poll-shows-strong-support-for-trump-push-end-catch-and-release/

The Economist/YouGov poll of 1,500 adults was taken in mid-June. It shows that only 19 percent of Americans prefer the Democrats’s call to “release the [migrant] families and have them report back for an immigration hearing at a later date.”

The low score included only 17 percent of swing-voters and 7 percent of Republicans, 16 percent of blacks and 20 percent of Hispanics.

In contrast, 39 percent of swing-voters preferred the option of “Hold families together in family detention centers until an immigration hearing at a later date.” Another 18 percent favored separating the families and placing the children in shelters run by a government agency or in “juvenile detention centers.”

The poll shows a 17 percent vs. 58 percent split among independents against the Democratic Party’s easy-migration view, with another 25 percent hiding their views.

That poll likely understates public opposition to the Democrats’ “catch and release” policy. The question gently described the migrants as “families …. without proper documentation,” and 17 percent of respondents declined to answer the question. Many people hide views they believe to be unpopular under “don’t know” or “not sure” answers.

But progressives are determined to preserve the catch-and-release policies that they helped created under President Barack Obama, and which allowed 400,000 migrants to get work-permits and a huge number of under-educated children fit into overcrowded American schools in working-class districts.

Nobody cares, really, about the hold families together shit. It's just a counter-punch to the political hysteria over being invaded by a bunch of lawn care professionals.

The whole fucking thing is a joke.

Creep is fine either way, so W.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Creep, pandering to the low info masses by both sides is American as apple pie. Get over it.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for soup.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's the completely insane fact that democrats refuse to even acknowledge that unchecked illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be worked on that drives people nuts.

Sure, disagreement over how to solve it is one thing.

But pretending there is no problem at all, fighting against enforcing the current laws, and calling everyone else racist is the most retarded possible angle ever.

And it's going to lose them another election.

Yes because ignorant people like you think what you typed is correct.
  • Options

It's the completely insane fact that democrats refuse to even acknowledge that unchecked illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be worked on that drives people nuts.

But pretending there is no problem at all, fighting against enforcing the current laws, and calling everyone else racist is the most retarded possible angle ever.

I'd say the only real problem on which it is worth basing an election is that of safety ... are extremists using our border countries to gain entry, etc.? That is a concern, but then again, we're growing them now and they're already here. But still, less is certainly moar in that context. Sure, deal with MS13 or whatever the fuck it's called. No sane person would dispute that as a legitimate national interest issue.

The jobs and culture and all that shit? That is what is re-fucking-tarded. Getting hysterical every time an "illegal" rapes or murders or steals? Dumb. As if we don't have those issues in ready abundance in a capitalist and pluralistic society, and as if immigration is contributing to it in some material way.

One exception to the foregoing, of course, is all those secret federal agencies out there handing out free cash and healthcare and other cool bennies and shit to illegals lined up a mile down the road. That bothers me a lot. Our own veterans aren't taken care of so well damnit!

Jesus. I wonder if in the history of the world there has ever been an empire so economically and geo-politically successful that was at the same time as full of stupid people as is the United States. Social media has been great for that. I've been able to confirm prior suspicions of how stupid many of the people I've known most of my life really are.

Sad. Just really sad.
  • Options

My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for soup.

Your father was too tall to fly or do submarine duty, and had too many bone spurs for infantry.

So what did he do while stationed state-side? Romance the future MamaYellowSnow?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your father was too tall to fly or do submarine duty, and had too many bone spurs for infantry.

So what did he do while stationed state-side? Romance the future MamaYellowSnow?
    My Daddy was a Hungarian linguist in the USAF during the Vietnam conflict. The Huns were a vicious tribe at one point - people forget this.

His, Daddy, however, was a highly decorated infantry Captain in WWII and killed many Krauts.
  • Options

My Daddy was a Hungarian linguist in the USAF during the Vietnam conflict. The Huns were a vicious tribe at one point - people forget this.

His, Daddy, however, was a highly decorated infantry Captain in WWII and killed many Krauts.
    So Daddy had a desk jerb?

Hmmmm.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So Daddy had a desk jerb?

Hmmmm.
    Non combat role. Had to fly a training mission about once a month on a RC-135. Basically draft dodging via way of cush jerb in the USAF.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

I'd say the only real problem on which it is worth basing an election is that of safety ... are extremists using our border countries to gain entry, etc.? That is a concern, but then again, we're growing them now and they're already here. But still, less is certainly moar in that context. Sure, deal with MS13 or whatever the fuck it's called. No sane person would dispute that as a legitimate national interest issue.

The jobs and culture and all that shit? That is what is re-fucking-tarded. Getting hysterical every time an "illegal" rapes or murders or steals? Dumb. As if we don't have those issues in ready abundance in a capitalist and pluralistic society, and as if immigration is contributing to it in some material way.

One exception to the foregoing, of course, is all those secret federal agencies out there handing out free cash and healthcare and other cool bennies and shit to illegals lined up a mile down the road. That bothers me a lot. Our own veterans aren't taken care of so well damnit!

Jesus. I wonder if in the history of the world there has ever been an empire so economically and geo-politically successful that was at the same time as full of stupid people as is the United States. Social media has been great for that. I've been able to confirm prior suspicions of how stupid many of the people I've known most of my life really are.

Sad. Just really sad.
    Is it a huge major thing vs everything else? No.

Does it have an impact? Yes.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018

One exception to the foregoing, of course, is all those secret federal agencies out there handing out free cash and healthcare and other cool bennies and shit to illegals AND NATIVES WHO HAVE DROPPED OUT OF THE WORKFORCElined up a mile down the road. That bothers me a lot. Our own veterans aren't taken care of so well damnit!

Sad. Just really sad.
    Creep, obviously like many us here, you and your spawn are winners from both liberal immigration (legal and otherwise) and the globalized economy. But you are not immune from it's affects; it cost you a lot of money, unless, you're some kind of brilliant, pretend tax attorney.

We have record low labor force participation rates in this country for thems with low skillz and low edumacation.

There are many causes for this besides high levels of law care professionals coming to America - e.g., automation, manufacturing going overseas, welfare state encouraging idle poverty, etc - BUT there is plenty of evidence which suggests that high levels of low skilled immigration has driven down wages in construction, food processing (meat packing is good example), hospitality, etc. Yes, we get the economic benefit of lower prices in these sectors of the economy, but it's not like it was back in the day's of Bill the Butcher when the Irish Hordes were taking the Native's jerbs. Back then a man had to work or starve. Now when he drops out of the labor force, you as a tax payer pick up the tab. Just saying...
  • Options

One exception to the foregoing, of course, is all those secret federal agencies out there handing out free cash and healthcare and other cool bennies and shit to illegals AND NATIVES WHO HAVE DROPPED OUT OF THE WORKFORCElined up a mile down the road. That bothers me a lot. Our own veterans aren't taken care of so well damnit!

Sad. Just really sad.
    Creep, obviously like many us here, you and your spawn are winners from both liberal immigration (legal and otherwise) and the globalized economy. But you are not immune from it's its aeffects; it cost you a lot of money, unless, you're some kind of brilliant, pretend tax attorney.

We have record low labor force participation rates in this country for thems with low skillz and low edumacation.

There are many causes for this besides high levels of law care professionals coming to America - e.g., automation, manufacturing going overseas, welfare state encouraging idle poverty, etc - BUT there is plenty of evidence which suggests that high levels of low skilled immigration has driven down wages in construction, food processing (meat packing is good example), hospitality, etc. Yes, we get the economic benefit of lower prices in these sectors of the economy, but it's not like it was back in the day's of Bill the Butcher when the Irish Hordes were taking the Native's jerbs. Back then a man had to work or starve. Now when he drops out of the labor force, you as a tax payer pick up the tab. Just saying...
    First of all, Engrish preeze in any thread about immigration and US "culture". You're welcome.

Second, planning for losers. That's how this country was built.

NOT!

Sad it's come to this. Sad that the losers in a competitive free market are driving policy. Really sad, actually. I actually remember when the winners wrote the rules of the gayme.

Populism. You will all rue the day.
  • Options

Sad. Just really sad.
    Is it a huge major thing vs everything else? No.

Does it have an impact? Yes.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sad. Just really sad.
    Creep, obviously like many us here, you and your spawn are winners from both liberal immigration (legal and otherwise) and the globalized economy. But you are not immune from it's its aeffects; it cost you a lot of money, unless, you're some kind of brilliant, pretend tax attorney.

First of all, Engrish preeze in any thread about immigration and US "culture". You're welcome.

NOT!

Sad it's come to this. Sad that the losers in a competitive free market are driving policy. Really sad, actually. I actually remember when the winners wrote the rules of the gayme.

Jesus - I have a shitty, pretend sales jerb, Senior Ricardo. I don't have tim to do both and then proof read my poasts here at HH.

For the first 150 years give or take, there weren't no such thing as wealth transfer payments. HTH.
  • Options

Sad. Just really sad.

NOT!

Jesus - I have a shitty, pretend sales jerb, Senior Ricardo. I don't have tim to do both and then proof read my poasts here at HH.

For the first 150 years give or take, there weren't no such thing as wealth transfer payments. HTH.
    Look. Laff all you want. Lives are being effected, oK???????? Axe Sledog. He has that shit dialed in.

IOW, for the first 150 years, losers lost ... completely ... and winners won.

That's the system I'm going with when I assume power.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sad. Just really sad.

NOT!

Look. Laff all you want. Lives are being effected, oK???????? Axe Sledog. He has that shit dialed in.

Creep, I respeck your rightful place as a philosopher king, but sometimes I wonder if we should revoke your membership in the higher level history discussion bored. When you say this country wasn't built on "planning" that's just wrong, wrong, wrong. How do you think federal guvmint paid the bills prior to 1913?

• Options

Sad. Just really sad.

NOT!

Creep, I respeck your rightful place as a philosopher king, but sometimes I wonder if we should revoke your membership in the higher level history discussion bored. When you say this country wasn't built on "planning" that's just wrong, wrong, wrong. How do you think federal guvmint paid the bills prior to 1913?

My brother, we could barely get a message from Dubuque to Texarcana in less than a month before 1913. Nobody planned shit, at least not very well, and there was a lot less to plan. And still, doing so didn't make it right. And, still, tariffs are one thing - protecting losers who want to lose is an entirely different animal.

It effects culture! We lose our edge when we go Euro-soft by protecting our least abled. Whatever some federal bureaucrat did on imports a bazillion years ago doesn't mean diddly. It didn't stop us from importing Chineze to build the RR did it? No.

Aspire to be a Spartan man. Thinking like an Athenean is not manly. It's just not manly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sad. Just really sad.

NOT!

My brother, we could barely get a message from Dubuque to Texarcana in less than a month before 1913. Nobody planned shit, at least not very well, and there was a lot less to plan. And still, doing so didn't make it right. And, still, tariffs are one thing - protecting losers who want to lose is an entirely different animal.

It effects culture! We lose our edge when we go Euro-soft by protecting our least abled. Whatever some federal bureaucrat did on imports a bazillion years ago doesn't mean diddly. It didn't stop us from importing Chineze to build the RR did it? No.

Aspire to be a Spartan man. Thinking like an Athenean is not manly. It's just not manly.
    Actually only took a spit sec to get the message through by telegraph, but still....

There very much was "planning" to try and help the poor white guy earlier in the history of our great republic. The Republic Party was founded on 2 principles: (1) tariffs to help grow domestic industry - i.e., mor factory jerbs - and (2) keeping cheap (i.e., free) labor out of the territories. This was known as the "Free Soil" movement.
  • Options

Sad. Just really sad.

NOT!

Actually only took a spit sec to get the message through by telegraph, but still....

There very much was "planning" to try and help the poor white guy earlier in the history of our great republic. The Republic Party was founded on 2 principles: (1) tariffs to help grow domestic industry - i.e., mor factory jerbs - and (2) keeping cheap (i.e., free) labor out of the territories. This was known as the "Free Soil" movement.
    Yes, 1813. But there weren't that many of them, and I'm guessing, just guessing, there wasn't a receiving telegram station in Texarcana!

But still ...

Free Soil ... never heard of it. Free anything is unAmerican. Work for it I say.

Bottom line, fuck 'em if they can't get it together. If they won't work or can't, take 'em off the dole and maybe they'll immigrate somewheres else.

I don't really care what becomes of them. At. All.