Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the better pieces from this week on immigration

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Two problems: this isn't an Atlantic crowd; and the French actually have a culture to preserve that would of itself justify tighter control over immigration.

You missed it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Two problems: this isn't an Atlantic crowd; and the French actually have a culture to preserve that would of itself justify tighter control over immigration.

You missed it.
    America has a culture. It's about immigrants that actually become Americans and do great things. That hasn't been happening for some time.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

You missed it.
    America has a culture. It's about immigrants that actually become Americans and do great things. That hasn't been happening for some time.
    There you have it. What I said.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Great piece.

Helps Trump IMO

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You missed it.
    No, @creepycoug, a hot bed of Atlantic readers the Tug is not; it's too center-left and most of the articles are TL;DR. That said, as the "thinking man's libtard" here, I feel a moral obligation to shit poast pieces from it on occasion. It is a respected publication of high journalistic value.

You're right about the French in that they far more of an existential threat from immigration than we? do, and it's not even close. The Messicans down in East LA may waive Messican flags at the Rose Bowl when Messico is playing the US in futbol, but last I checked no 1st or 2nd generation Messican ever joined ISIS.

The takeaway here, of course, is that in spite of the (justified) revulsion at seeing kids separated at the border from parents (even if there are some fake ones), the majority of Americans don't trust the Democratic Party on immigration and view its position - which is basically no limits immigration, legal or illegal - as radical extremism.

A wise, old Prussian once (really, not pretend) said, "Politiks is the art of the possible" and I think that's apt here. It's all fine and well to think that there should be a free and unrestricted flow of labor to capital across national boundaries, BUT IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE POLITICALLY FEASIBLE. The working man will only take so much feeling like he's getting that shaft before he goes full "they took our jerbs" and revolts at the ballot box. The pols in this country shouldn't have let it get to that point.
  • Options

Sledog said:

You missed it.
    No we have immigrants who's allegiance is to their home country and who's money flows there. We have massive illegal immigration in the 10's of millions from the same geographical area. We have an invasion that still does not and will not identify as Americans. We used to call this scenario an invasion.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You missed it.
    No we have immigrants who's allegiance is to their home country and who's money flows there. We have massive illegal immigration in the 10's of millions from the same geographical area. We have an invasion that still does not and will not identify as Americans. We used to call this scenario an invasion.
    *whose

this damn phone!
  • Options
    Solving world poverty by immigration to the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You missed it.
    *whose

this damn phone!
    No it's WFC.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You missed it.
    You sound like a scared little girl.

Grab one of your guns and feel better friend.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    God damn it @creepycoug - quit posting shit and then have it vanish like fucking fart in the wind. You and Vanilla need to learn how to work together.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You missed it.
    We have been under Trump's fear to immigrants for over a year now. Abs we still have, according to you, 10s of millions of illegals flowing into the country.

Clearly NOT working.
  • Options

You missed it.
    No, @creepycoug, a hot bed of Atlantic readers the Tug is not; it's too center-left reasonable and most of the articles use too many big words, don't have enuff pictures to color, and are TL;DR. That said, as the "thinking man's libtard" here, I feel a moral obligation to shit poast pieces from it on occasion. It is a respected publication of high journalistic value; and at least you can understand it as a man with a pretend educashun.

You're right about the French in that they far more of an existential threat from immigration than we? do, and it's not even close. The Messicans down in East LA may waive Messican flags at the Rose Bowl when Messico is playing the US in futbol, but last I checked no 1st or 2nd generation Messican ever joined ISIS, despite what Sledog and OBK will tell you as they indulge in their bi-weekly middle school girl panic attack.

The takeaway here, of course, is that in spite of the (justified) revulsion at seeing kids separated at the border from parents (even if there are some fake ones), the majority of Americans don't trust the Democratic Party on immigration and view its position - which is basically no limits immigration, legal or illegal - as radical extremism. Of course, the other guys are just pandering to the lowest common denominator and exploiting their irrational fear of being "invaded" by a bunch lawn care professionals

A wise, old Prussian once (really, not pretend) said, "Politiks is the art of the possible" and I think that's apt here. It's all fine and well to think that there should be a free and unrestricted flow of labor to capital across national boundaries, BUT IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE POLITICALLY FEASIBLE. The working man will only take so much feeling like he's getting that shaft before he goes full "they took our jerbs" and revolts at the ballot box. The pols in this country shouldn't have let it get to that point.
    I remember when Ronald Reagan was revered as a great Prez. Now, he's the devil. My how the times are a changin', and my oh my how the mighty have fallen.

Sad, really. Really, sad.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump's fear to immigrants

Just don't call them fucking liars

Illegal immigrants have been an issue at least since Bill Clinton was against them. Oh and that amnesty thing in the 80's

And Obama keeping kids in cages

BUT TRUMP

Fuck off
  • Options

Trump's fear to immigrants

Just don't call them fucking liars

Illegal immigrants have been an issue at least since Bill Clinton was against them. Oh and that amnesty thing in the 80's

And Obama keeping kids in cages

BUT TRUMP

Fuck off

Who cares about Trump. I've told you I liked him 20 times. That's enuff. Defending another man who isn't your father that zealously is effeminate. Stop it.

It wasn't an issue under Bill either, so fuck Bill too. Everyone does this shit to pander to people who think we're being "invaded", which is fucking stupid.

Clean it up a big at the border and do better at vetting the really bad folks. No argument there.

Freaking out about the "Mexicans are coming! The Mexicans are coming!" is just not manly. They've been coming for forever and I thank them for their services.

I'd also like to get some of them on the men's US National team. GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/06/21/poll-shows-strong-support-for-trump-push-end-catch-and-release/

The Economist/YouGov poll of 1,500 adults was taken in mid-June. It shows that only 19 percent of Americans prefer the Democrats’s call to “release the [migrant] families and have them report back for an immigration hearing at a later date.”

The low score included only 17 percent of swing-voters and 7 percent of Republicans, 16 percent of blacks and 20 percent of Hispanics.

In contrast, 39 percent of swing-voters preferred the option of “Hold families together in family detention centers until an immigration hearing at a later date.” Another 18 percent favored separating the families and placing the children in shelters run by a government agency or in “juvenile detention centers.”

The poll shows a 17 percent vs. 58 percent split among independents against the Democratic Party’s easy-migration view, with another 25 percent hiding their views.

That poll likely understates public opposition to the Democrats’ “catch and release” policy. The question gently described the migrants as “families …. without proper documentation,” and 17 percent of respondents declined to answer the question. Many people hide views they believe to be unpopular under “don’t know” or “not sure” answers.

But progressives are determined to preserve the catch-and-release policies that they helped created under President Barack Obama, and which allowed 400,000 migrants to get work-permits and a huge number of under-educated children fit into overcrowded American schools in working-class districts.
  • Options

God damn it @creepycoug - quit posting shit and then have it vanish like fucking fart in the wind. You and Vanilla need to learn how to work together.

Hey, I've been telling DEREK!!!! about this shit for two years, and nothing from Stalin, per usual.

Is this the kind of service I get for my financial support? Feels like Cuba around here Derek!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hey, I've been telling DEREK!!!! about this shit for two years, and nothing from Stalin, per usual.

Is this the kind of service I get for my financial support? Feels like Cuba around here Derek!
    Look for the wigwam label

• Options

Look for the wigwam label

yet another technical issue.

Derek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1