Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Hip Hop Album of the later 1980's

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It Take a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back - Public Enemy

90% of East Coast rap/hip hop sucks, IMO. But De La Soul kick ass.

Also, this is the most predictable pole of all tim. Rich, old white people know of only one rap group from the 80's - NWA because the Feds tried to play moral police and shut them down.

Who are some of the big name East Coast hip hop artists from the late 1980s and 90's that you would consider sucky?
    I'm not limiting that statement to 80's/90's, but Jay Z, Method Man, Public Enemy, WuTang, Nas (after his first album).
    While I lean more West Coast for hip hop, skrong disagree on Public Enemey and Wu Tang.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.

dnc said:

Straight Outta Compton launched the greatest era of rap, the greatest sub genre of rap (gangsta rap), and introduced two of raps greatest talents (Cube and Dre).

Without straight outta Compton and the style and talents it brought to the world, there would be no Death Row Records and thus no Death No Defense.

Eazy call.

Eazy does it, DNC. I can see the rationale for N.W.A. being mor chinfluential than P.E. overall, but it's not a rather easily sort of thing. P.E. was the great leap forward if you will in term's of the stance of the music getting more political and angrier, while N.W.A. came along and upped the ante.
    I REPEAT: NO STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, NO DEATH ROW DEFENSE.

#DOOG4LYF
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Straight Outta Compton launched the greatest era of rap, the greatest sub genre of rap (gangsta rap), and introduced two of raps greatest talents (Cube and Dre).

Without straight outta Compton and the style and talents it brought to the world, there would be no Death Row Records and thus no Death No Defense.

Eazy call.

Eazy does it, DNC. I can see the rationale for N.W.A. being mor chinfluential than P.E. overall, but it's not a rather easily sort of thing. P.E. was the great leap forward if you will in term's of the stance of the music getting more political and angrier, while N.W.A. came along and upped the ante.

#DOOG4LYF
    Well clearly they look like a number 1 seed after throttling Public Enemy. But this is a college football related message bored on the west coast for old white guys afterall.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572

dnc said:

dnc said:

Eazy call.

#DOOG4LYF
    Well clearly they look like a number 1 seed after throttling Public Enemy. But this is a college football related message bored on the west coast for old white guys afterall.
    speak for yourself
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Eazy call.

#DOOG4LYF
    speak for yourself
    License to Ill is old white guy music. HTH

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    How does one know this is a shit pole by a shit polester? Maybe because 5 of the options received no votes at all. It’s almost as if said shit polester had an agenda when setting it up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

How does one know this is a shit pole by a shit polester? Maybe because 5 of the options received no votes at all. It’s almost as if said shit polester had an agenda when setting it up.

I forgotten more about shit poling than you'll ever know, Salem Kewg. Zappa's pic is on the front page of this shit hole, not Ryan Leaf. Don't forget that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

I forgotten more about shit poling than you'll ever know, Salem Kewg. Zappa's pic is on the front page of this shit hole, not Ryan Leaf. Don't forget that.
    Front page???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Front page???
    RIP Front Page. Still, I'm front page news by default.
    http://hardcorehusky.com/
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    @BleachedAnusDawg is generally correct, but he can fuck right off about PE
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,086
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique"
    As much as I said, "WTF, this isn't like Licensed to Ill" when it came out, I came around quickly
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique"
    As much as I said, "WTF, this isn't like Licensed to Ill" when it came out, I came around quickly

Paul's Boutique is my favorite hip hop record of all tim.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option

salemcoog said:

Zappa was a spoiled poser douchebag.

HTH.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Zappa was a spoiled poser douchebag.

HTH.
    Perhaps. But he was an extremely gifted musician and funny as fuck.

Keep it up bruh and you and I can schedule some time to chat at the 7-11 off Wallace Rd.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Beastie Boys fucking suck. I'll take Vanilla Ice and Eminem over those unoriginal geeks. They plagiarismed Eazy E's shit. Intergalactic Planetary is their only good song.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Beastie Boys fucking suck. I'll take Vanilla Ice and Eminem over those unoriginal geeks. They plagiarismed Eazy E's shit. Intergalactic Planetary is their only good song.

Licensed to Ill came out way before Easy E's chit, bro.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572

The Beastie Boys fucking suck.

Wrong

I'll take Vanilla Ice and Eminem over those unoriginal geeks.

Wrong

They plagiarismed Eazy E's shit.

Wrong

Intergalactic Planetary is their only good song.

Wrong

Strong as ever obk