Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is why Dennis won't let us have nice things

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@backthepack And all you can do his click "WTF" bitch because you can't formulate an argument against anything I just said. Maybe if I was still in high school I would "WTF" every one of your posts as well you little twat.

Wtf for giving a fuck what the fudgepacks thinks
    I don't THINK and CARE.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@backthepack And all you can do his click "WTF" bitch because you can't formulate an argument against anything I just said. Maybe if I was still in high school I would "WTF" every one of your posts as well you little twat.

Wtf for giving a fuck what the fudgepacks thinks
    I don't THINK and CARE.
    That is why we? Are prolific shit poasters
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

And yes, recruiting top-10 talent is absolutely necessary to winning a national championship but @KobeStan is absolutely right when he says West coast recruiting rankings are dragged down by the East Coast bias of ESPN rankings. As long as UW is bringing in top-15 classes and we can go down the list of UW "3-star" commits and say "he's not a 3-star and he's not a 3-star" then we are bringing in top-10 talent regardless of the 247 composite class ranking saying our class is #13 in the nation or whatever. 2018 class was a top 10 class. 2019 class is only half way done with a lot of big-fish still on the board. The O-line and D-line recruiting in this 2019 class will probably be the best we've seen since the Don James era.

All the sites are extremely slanted towards the Southeast but Rivals Florida bias is the absolute worst. It was years ago but at one point they had about a dozen Florida RBs in the top 250
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    KobeStan said:

KobeStan said:

Again go do the research look at the number of staff they have covering the entire West Coast vs just Florida or just Georgia. How on earth could the rankings not be biased? These sites don't get paid to get the rankings right They get paid to produce content for their subscribers who are mostly concentrated in the opposite corner of the country.

You are the definition of a doog focus on the thing that actually matters(wins and losses) form your own opinions about recruiting(which again matters a fucking ton) not chasing some impossible ranking that is positively correlated on winning

So is it just dumb luck that the recruiting rankings match results rankings? That doesn't make sense

We are focused on winning not losing like punks to Bama, PSU or USC

Right now the only thing impossible is winning those games, not getting top ranked recruits

Why is it impossible? Hell USC and Bama are going off our lists now. We got to close. That's what we are after
    Other than USC do they match Pac10/12 results? I would like to see this broken down.

I know the classes that Stanford won the conference with were ranked 9th 4th 3rd 6th 1st 11th and 2nd in the conference.

UCLA is since 2001 2nd behind USC in rankings and have they have been a bottom half of the conference program

The Gilby and Ty classes were ranked top 6 every year except 05
    I would be shocked if you were capable of putting on clothes.