Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is why Dennis won't let us have nice things

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
@KobeStan despite all overwhelming evidence to the contrary is here saying that rankings don't matter

It doesn't matter that top ten recruiting rankings correlate to top ten finishes. NO not at all

Then you pull out the ESPNSEC is biased and they only win natties because of East Coast bias blah fucking blah

Yet we saw our DAWGS up close against top ten classes and it fucking mattered. No bias just a fucking fact. We came up short where it mattered

Come on guys, get your shit together and clean it up out here

Do you want to answer Dennis' emails for a day?

Comments

• Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    There's a huge amount of context people ignore when they belittle recruiting rankings. It's acceptable to have weaker recruiting rankings because you lock down NW studs early like Memelard who will get ranked lower than deserved because he won't play the recruiting game. It's unacceptable to have lower recruiting rankings because Pete missed on the real targets and then resorted to Dick Newton.

Wisconsin fat boys lack FREE PUB, not talent. Stupid coaches with shitty undisciplined programs failing to capitalize on 5 star talent are not a sound indictment of the talent analysis. Talent alone dictates the ceiling of any program. Pete's recent class is his only one that comes close to nationally competitive and even then it's borderline. Yet this is considered by Doogs as more of a miracle than the expectation it needs to be. USC will only stay mediocre for so long. Must I remind you of what happened the last time that incompetent regime played UW? That game was won solely by recruiting. Once that program starts working like it should UW is hopelessly dead on the current trajectory.

Does Pete even want to compete for national titles from a level playing field? Doesn't look like it to me. I think he'd rather surround himself with instantly compatible OKG's and hope to get lucky. Unless fans raise expectations Pete will stay comfortable and happily accept having a second tier team of nice polite gentlemen built for life. Maybe that's what you losers want as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There's a huge amount of context people ignore when they belittle recruiting rankings. It's acceptable to have weaker recruiting rankings because you lock down NW studs early like Memelard who will get ranked lower than deserved because he won't play the recruiting game. It's unacceptable to have lower recruiting rankings because Pete missed on the real targets and then resorted to Dick Newton.

Wisconsin fat boys lack FREE PUB, not talent. Stupid coaches with shitty undisciplined programs failing to capitalize on 5 star talent are not a sound indictment of the talent analysis. Talent alone dictates the ceiling of any program. Pete's recent class is his only one that comes close to nationally competitive and even then it's borderline. Yet this is considered by Doogs as more of a miracle than the expectation it needs to be. USC will only stay mediocre for so long. Must I remind you of what happened the last time that incompetent regime played UW? That game was won solely by recruiting. Once that program starts working like it should UW is hopelessly dead on the current trajectory.

Does Pete even want to compete for national titles from a level playing field? Doesn't look like it to me. I think he'd rather surround himself with instantly compatible OKG's and hope to get lucky. Unless fans raise expectations Pete will stay comfortable and happily accept having a second tier team of nice polite gentlemen built for life. Maybe that's what you losers want as well.

Plus 1
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Again go do the research look at the number of staff they have covering the entire West Coast vs just Florida or just Georgia. How on earth could the rankings not be biased? These sites don't get paid to get the rankings right They get paid to produce content for their subscribers who are mostly concentrated in the opposite corner of the country.

You are the definition of a doog focus on the thing that actually matters(wins and losses) form your own opinions about recruiting(which again matters a fucking ton) not chasing some impossible ranking that is positively correlated on winning
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KobeStan said:

Again go do the research look at the number of staff they have covering the entire West Coast vs just Florida or just Georgia. How on earth could the rankings not be biased? These sites don't get paid to get the rankings right They get paid to produce content for their subscribers who are mostly concentrated in the opposite corner of the country.

You are the definition of a doog focus on the thing that actually matters(wins and losses) form your own opinions about recruiting(which again matters a fucking ton) not chasing some impossible ranking that is positively correlated on winning

So is it just dumb luck that the recruiting rankings match results rankings? That doesn't make sense

We are focused on winning not losing like punks to Bama, PSU or USC

Right now the only thing impossible is winning those games, not getting top ranked recruits

Why is it impossible? Hell USC and Bama are going off our lists now. We got to close. That's what we are after
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Recruiting is just
    pat_hm said:

IT FUCKING MATTERS. DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT. ONLY LOSERS THINK IT DOESN'T MATTER.

This.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

KobeStan said:

So is it just dumb luck that the recruiting rankings match results rankings? That doesn't make sense

Right now the only thing impossible is winning those games, not getting top ranked recruits

Why is it impossible? Hell USC and Bama are going off our lists now. We got to close. That's what we are after
    Other than USC do they match Pac10/12 results? I would like to see this broken down.

I know the classes that Stanford won the conference with were ranked 9th 4th 3rd 6th 1st 11th and 2nd in the conference.

UCLA is since 2001 2nd behind USC in rankings and have they have been a bottom half of the conference program

The Gilby and Ty classes were ranked top 6 every year except 05
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KobeStan said:

KobeStan said:

Other than USC do they match Pac10/12 results? I would like to see this broken down.

I know the classes that Stanford won the conference with were ranked 9th 4th 3rd 6th 1st 11th and 2nd in the conference.

UCLA is since 2001 2nd behind USC in rankings and have they have been a bottom half of the conference program

I don't follow recruiting

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

KobeStan said:

KobeStan said:

I don't follow recruiting

Meet me in Temecula
    He moved.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    These recent bowl games have to be considered crisis level events to anyone interested in titles. The PSU lines that very visibly shat on UW weren't even good in the Big White Trash Opiate Addicted Retards Conference or whatever its called now.

Turns out fat slow people don't rush the passer so good. There's a reason edge rushers are the highest paid position after QB. This team would be just OK with a real schedule. Stop confusing playing against dogshit every week with having a nationally relevant team. Time to start expecting Pete to take big swings at little boys. Fucking offer Gee already you piece of shit.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

These recent bowl games have to be considered crisis level events to anyone interested in titles. The PSU lines that very visibly shat on UW weren't even good in the Big White Trash Opiate Addicted Retards Conference or whatever its called now.

Turns out fat slow people don't rush the passer so good. There's a reason edge rushers are the highest paid position after QB. This team would be just OK with a real schedule. Stop confusing playing against dogshit every week with having a nationally relevant team. Time to start expecting Pete to take big swings at little boys. Fucking offer Gee already you piece of shit.

That's exactly what Pete is doing you dumb fuck! He's only recruiting who he thinks is the best of the best. Gee ain't getting a fucking offer until Pete knows he's one of the truly elite WR's out West. Forget the OKG shit. Just as a football player Gee's Sophomore film does not show enough speed for him to deserve an offer yet which is fine because he was a fucking SOPHOMORE. Any type of deep route he runs he's usually covered and has to make a 50-50 catch. Right now he's like a less muscled up, less vertically explosive Kasen Williams. For all any of you retards know he'll be another Justus Legg his Junior season and fall down the rankings from a 4-star to a 3-star. Just let if fucking play out! If he's a baller against real competition and improves his speed he'll get the offer. But don't say Petersen isn't trying to get the best because he is.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    And yes, recruiting top-10 talent is absolutely necessary to winning a national championship but @KobeStan is absolutely right when he says West coast recruiting rankings are dragged down by the East Coast bias of ESPN rankings. As long as UW is bringing in top-15 classes and we can go down the list of UW "3-star" commits and say "he's not a 3-star and he's not a 3-star" then we are bringing in top-10 talent regardless of the 247 composite class ranking saying our class is #13 in the nation or whatever. 2018 class was a top 10 class. 2019 class is only half way done with a lot of big-fish still on the board. The O-line and D-line recruiting in this 2019 class will probably be the best we've seen since the Don James era.
  • Options
    @backthepack And all you can do his click "WTF" bitch because you can't formulate an argument against anything I just said. Maybe if I was still in high school I would "WTF" every one of your posts as well you little twat.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@backthepack And all you can do his click "WTF" bitch because you can't formulate an argument against anything I just said. Maybe if I was still in high school I would "WTF" every one of your posts as well you little twat.

Sounds like you care.