Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Tequilla

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

WE ARE WORSHINGTON!!!!!

In case you haven’t noticed, TCU and UW tend to recruit similar kids because Petersen and Patterson are very similar coaches in terms of how they run programs. It’s not coincidental.
    Except TCU fuckin sucks.
    You should go check the facts ... their performance on the field the last 4 years would suggest you are wrong ... 3 top 10 finishes ... go find the others that can say that
    Losers lose. TCU chokes every year. Overrated every year.

How many championships, playoffs, NY6 bowls?
    If that is your real perspective I recommend moving to Oregon because pumping my gas would be a solid aspirational occupation for you

They’ve won 2 Natty’s historically ...

Have been in 3 NY6 games in the last 10 years or so ... they’ve won 2 of the 3 including an undefeated year w Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin and a blow out of Ole Miss

I would bet on UW having a better future over the next 5-10 years but that doesn’t mean that TCU won’t consider being in conversations and discussions
    TCU historically has been a loser progrum. They've been good the last 10 years. It's a shit program with an great coach in a great recruiting area. But, they don't get the talent to get over the top w/ Patterson. So they will continue to be good but never elite.

2 natties in the 30s? Minnesota POTD.

They had a 41 year drought (1959-2000) of not being ranked. Christ. It's a loser fucking progrum that's been good recently.
    1) At what point do you respect a 20 year period of success

2) TCU is not the same school today as it was during its dark days ... thinking it is going back there is fucking stupid talk and shows a complete lack of understanding of why schools are successful

3) if you really want to look through history, TCU and Oregon have similar profiles and are decent peer schools
    When 15 years of that is done in a p5 conference. Most of those years were in the MWC.
    You’re a fucking idiot if you buy into that narrative and clearly know very little about football
    They had some great players and good teams. TCU is basically Utah if you put them in the middle of Texas with access to a greater amount of good players/athletes. As Tejas gets better TCU will fade.
    You really don’t get it

The history of Washington football should drill home the point to you that you can have 3 elite teams in the conference particularly if the 3rd team in the conference is able to attract in a reasonable range to the top 2 elite talent programs but beats them in talent development, coaching, etc. TCU’s classes are 3rd in the B12 ... so they are positioned to compete.

If you want to make an argument that TCU is an unknown after Patterson that’s a fine opinion to have.

To say that they will not be able to compete with Texas and Oklahoma is factually incorrect.

The Utah comparison is fair but your conclusion is just flat out wrong in that you are trying to discredit TCU instead of really realizing how dangerous Utah is. Utah would be pushing USC in the South (provided UCLA remains rudderless) if they were able to recruit just another level up to back end of Top 20-25 and keep a handful more kids home (BYU does them no favors). Utah is a perfect example of how strong coaching can mitigate some talent gaps provided the talent is in the same ballpark. There’s a reason why if you ask smart football people Utah is super dangerous in the P12 because the only piece they are missing is one more level up in talent from being a real threat in the P12. It would not surprise me one bit if Utah wins the South this year.
    That's my point Utah is really fucking good but, even with a level up in talent they still won't be nationally relevant just like TCU.
    What is nationally relevant?

In my mind a team is nationally relevant if they are an annual contender for the top of their conference with a history of not only winning games against other elite schools but also winning its conference.

TCU fits that narrative. Go look at who they’ve actually beaten and in particular note the road/neutral games that they’ve won.

It shouldn’t shock any CFB fan to see them in BCS and NY6 bowls.
    It's a good program. They haven't even sniffed the CFP though. Even when they went 12-1.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hope you all die get aids