Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL JAKE BROWNING APPRECIATION THREAD

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Jake is entering his 4th year and no one wants to win more than he does

He understands the offense and hits the receivers in stride

He's a winner and we are damn lucky to have him

And you know what, any recruit would be honored to come here even if Jake is gone when they get here.

#WideRecieverU

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Dennis_DeYoung's silence in this thread speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jake Browning could have went anywhere, and he came to Washington when we were just a few years removed from @Owen12. Jake always wanted to be a Dawg. That says a lot about him.

We've had a lot of good QB's at UW, but Jake Browning is the very best. The record books will show that after this season.

If you've ever been around Jake, he's shy about his accomplishments. He has an aww shucks attitude and is just happy to help the team. Make no mistake, he's a big time competitor who will slit your throat if that's what it takes to win the game.

I just texted my wife, "Thank God Jake Browning is our quarterback."

Amen. True OKG.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I've been down on Jake more than most here but you'd be a fool if you didn't at least acknowledge that he's one of the top 10-15ish CFB QBs of the past 25 years. I'll always remember him for his sideline toss to Lenius against USC 2015. Or The Point against Oregon in 2016. Combine that with how decorated he was in H.S...legendary.

Can't wait for the season to start.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Plus only the most beloved Husky players get nicknamed. We have lovingly bestowed on Jake the nickname Brownsocks which is a takeoff on his name plus the fact he wears socks when he plays. We love him.