Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sweet Sixteen (B-Thrash/Groove) #2 Alice Cooper vs. #3 Dio

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam

Sweet Sixteen (B-Thrash/Groove) #2 Alice Cooper vs. #3 Dio 23 votes

#2 Alice Cooper (C)
47%
Fire_Marshall_BillSoutherndawgMad_SongreenblooddncchuckTequillabiak1Pitchfork51Doog_de_JourYellowSnow 11 votes
#3 Dio (A)
52%
SwayeGladstoneStinky_HankeydfleaBad_MotherDuckerIPukeOregonGrellowPetermanCohen12BleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerouslyUW_Doog_BotSpiritHorse 12 votes

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)
    Just cast my first item in this thing fornirwal good reason. Alice Cooper always seemed pretty cool to me. Dio...not so much.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)
    Alice Cooper has definitely got the edge as far as length of career and productivity but I feel like Cooper was a lot less consistently good. Dio is also more "metal" in my mind for whatever that is worth. Cooper was always just "heavy metal" to people looking from the outside in. Like yeah, if you enjoy Garth Brooks and Whitney Houston I guess Alice Cooper is pretty "metal". Still like both.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #3 Dio (A)
    Dio is the fucking shit.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)

Alice Cooper has definitely got the edge as far as length of career and productivity but I feel like Cooper was a lot less consistently good. Dio is also more "metal" in my mind for whatever that is worth. Cooper was always just "heavy metal" to people looking from the outside in. Like yeah, if you enjoy Garth Brooks and Whitney Houston I guess Alice Cooper is pretty "metal". Still like both.

We need to get someone with venn diagram skillz to do something with hard rock and heavy metal. Some hard rock can be metal, but not all metal can be hard rock. Does it "swing" or not "swing", that is the question.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)

We need to get someone with venn diagram skillz to do something with hard rock and heavy metal. Some hard rock can be metal, but not all metal can be hard rock. Does it "swing" or not "swing", that is the question.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #3 Dio (A)
    Dio is Mount Rushmore. Cooper is a foothill somewhere.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)

You cut Swaye's pentagon off too high (no Bodom)
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)
    And I think more of HH likes the green triangle than the pink ovalries
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
    #3 Dio (A)
    I couldn't fit the pentagon and the triangle and it's way too much work for a shitty screen shot ms paint job to edit it. I always think of glam metal as pink for some reason....

#2 Alice Cooper (C)

I couldn't fit the pentagon and the triangle and it's way too much work for a shitty screen shot ms paint job to edit it. I always think of glam metal as pink for some reason....

I'm saying grunge is more HH than the glam/pop metal
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)
    dnc said:

Have you seen the voting? Fuckers can't get enough Winger, Poison, and GnR. That shit is playing in too many dad's basements.
    edited June 2018
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)

dnc said:

Have you seen the voting? Fuckers can't get enough Winger, Poison, and GnR. That shit is playing in too many dad's basements.
    That's only because there were only three grunge bands that made the tourney and two of them played each other in round one and the other played the winner in round two and none of them were AiC.

Also

Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)
    dnc said:

dnc said:

That's only because there were only three grunge bands that made the tourney and two of them played each other in round one and the other played the winner in round two and none of them were AiC.
    *shrug, it's also just a joke. Accuracy and technical prowess weren't my priorities.
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)

dnc said:

dnc said:

*shrug, it's also just a joke. Accuracy and technical prowess weren't my priorities.
    If you're going to tell jokes out here you won't last long
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Would you say I was at least 81% accurate?
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Would you say I was at least 81% accurate?
    I'll let my chin speak for itself
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Dio (A)
    Back to the polls, this is such a good matchup on paper and I'm really not sure which way it will turn out. It'll be chintersting either way.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Alice Cooper (C)
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Also

I still think Nirvana would have won the bracket even with AiC included. They had the close scare against Soundgarden but rolled the rest of the way.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #3 Dio (A)

This. Is. Awesome.