Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If Curne had bigger offers at the time, we would've never gotten him. If this kid's smart, hes doing what Mpagi did. Visit UW, talk about how much he loved it, and leverage Texas into giving him a commitable offer when he gets back.

That’s pure conjecture and opinion
    There's a world that could exist
    The problem is that the conclusion is lazy and doesn’t look at the facts as they happened. Instead, the conclusion was biased in a manner to fit an agenda. Curne had big offers come later and never seriously budged. That wasn’t mentioned anywhere and flies in the face of the opinion.

Before you go back and continue referencing comments I made on Lake last December, I heavily caveated that by saying should the class fall on its face it’s a very real set of circumstances to possibly work through. I 100% stand by the comments. Locking him in at the time as DC going forward wasn’t seen as realistic by really anybody and was in fact an aggressive response to turn the narrative on its face.
    I'm picking up what you are putting down Teq. So you are saying he would have been fired if they didnt promote him to DC.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    First, I rarely pod anymore

Second, I’m not one that goes off on marketing, uniforms, etc. as part of my standard operating procedure. Pepsi has a fascination regarding uniforms and Dennis goes hard on marketing. I may make a comment here and there but that’s more the exception than the rule. Go through threads on that topic on these boards and you’ll not find a lot of commentary from me.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If Curne had bigger offers at the time, we would've never gotten him. If this kid's smart, hes doing what Mpagi did. Visit UW, talk about how much he loved it, and leverage Texas into giving him a commitable offer when he gets back.

The problem is that the conclusion is lazy and doesn’t look at the facts as they happened. Instead, the conclusion was biased in a manner to fit an agenda. Curne had big offers come later and never seriously budged. That wasn’t mentioned anywhere and flies in the face of the opinion.

Before you go back and continue referencing comments I made on Lake last December, I heavily caveated that by saying should the class fall on its face it’s a very real set of circumstances to possibly work through. I 100% stand by the comments. Locking him in at the time as DC going forward wasn’t seen as realistic by really anybody and was in fact an aggressive response to turn the narrative on its face.
    I'm picking up what you are putting down Teq. So you are saying he would have been fired if they didnt promote him to DC.
    What I said at the time, and still believe, is that there were significant headwinds regarding DB recruiting last year as other programs sold the fact that Lake was going to be a DC somewhere soon and nobody really thought it was realistic that K would step aside. If you recall, there were concerns about Hampton softening on these boards. Also, Gordon spent his own money to go to ND right before Signing Day and the trade winds on Irvin weren’t looking good.

Obviously, the headwinds were recognized by Pete and Co with K stepping aside, elevating Lake to DC, and hiring Harris as an additional DB buffet to solidify the future noise.

My whole point at the time was that IF the class last year fell flat because of the headwinds, then thinking about how to mitigate in the future would become paramount. Let me be clear that the solution that took place was ideal (other than now we need to see K really advance as a recruiter at least up to average levels).

Without going back to look at the relevant threads last year, what I for sure was saying was that steps needed to be taken to mitigate the headwinds 2 years in a row and I was definitely an advocate of using the 10th coaching position in the secondary in order to mitigate.

Unlike others, while less than ideal, I’m not distraught if you miss at a position in a single class. However, if you do miss, the pressure of landing a very strong class the next year ratchets itself up.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

What I said at the time, and still believe, is that there were significant headwinds regarding DB recruiting last year as other programs sold the fact that Lake was going to be a DC somewhere soon and nobody really thought it was realistic that K would step aside. If you recall, there were concerns about Hampton softening on these boards. Also, Gordon spent his own money to go to ND right before Signing Day and the trade winds on Irvin weren’t looking good.

Obviously, the headwinds were recognized by Pete and Co with K stepping aside, elevating Lake to DC, and hiring Harris as an additional DB buffet to solidify the future noise.

My whole point at the time was that IF the class last year fell flat because of the headwinds, then thinking about how to mitigate in the future would become paramount. Let me be clear that the solution that took place was ideal (other than now we need to see K really advance as a recruiter at least up to average levels).

Without going back to look at the relevant threads last year, what I for sure was saying was that steps needed to be taken to mitigate the headwinds 2 years in a row and I was definitely an advocate of using the 10th coaching position in the secondary in order to mitigate.

Unlike others, while less than ideal, I’m not distraught if you miss at a position in a single class. However, if you do miss, the pressure of landing a very strong class the next year ratchets itself up.
    Dennis (think it was Dennis) thinks that resources could have been allocated elsewhere instead of lake's vector.

Although he understands the reasoning behind it. IIRC, he would have rather put more resources in defensive recruiting. Ie: bucks.

Do you agree?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Tequilla said:

All this does is further the narrative that most here are a bunch of fucktarded idiots that deserve to remain on the fringe. There’s absolutely a bare minimum of balance, reason, or conditioning of commentary at all. What’s comical to me is that just about at every single step of the way Pete and/or his staff has over delivered when it comes to rebounding against challenges or adversity they are facing.

If this is really true, then I don't see how you help more than you hurt. You call other poasters fucktarded idiots. You accuse another poaster of bias and agenda without having any evidence to support your allegation. You spend a lot of your airtime on the pod bashing the program's marketing without offering solutions of your own (unless you truly believe our brand should be "WTE" and "blue collar" U?).

But let's lighten things up. Squirt:

Why do I have to scroll up through a bunch of tequilla nonsense to get to this critical post? Mods?

I think there's a brief glimpse of her browneye through those shorts.
  • Options
    I think this is a big year for both Gregory and K with respect to recruiting. BUCK recruiting is a concern and the momentum here isn’t very good at all. For Gregory, can he stack solid classes here as the upper class talent at the position leaves you wanting more.

What I think you will see going into next year as Harris gains more of a foothold is Lake to take more a lead on BUCK recruiting as needed.

This of course assumes that the staff prioritizes BUCKS ... which while they seemingly fan out offers here more than anywhere else the way the position is used in our defense I’m not sure helps us in recruiting the position.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    As long as we are ngata or bust I am fine with it. Also fine with us taking Darien chase if that was our choice over Delgado. Not sure if we are crooting him as a db though.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

As long as we are ngata or bust I am fine with it. Also fine with us taking Darien chase if that was our choice over Delgado. Not sure if we are crooting him as a db though.

I think we like Chase at DB. I think he’s ours.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! We couldn't even get him up here on his official visit four fucking days from now! Sooo we said no to Delgado, then said no to Pittman, then lose to SC for Nacua, then lose to fucking TCU for Lewis ALL in a span of three FUCKING weeks! Total shit show. Ngata is going to Clemson and we're gonna end up with Tarik Luckett or some shit Plan-D guy like that. Fire Lubick.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! We couldn't even get him up here on his official visit four fucking days from now! Sooo we said no to Delgado, then said no to Pittman, then lose to SC for Nacua, then lose to fucking TCU for Lewis ALL in a span of three FUCKING weeks! Total shit show. Ngata is going to Clemson and we're gonna end up with Tarik Luckett or some shit Plan-D guy like that. Fire Lubick.

Good thing we offered late. Our offer meant something.