Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WE NEED TO REALIZE THIS IS AN UPHILL BATTLE!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

Seattle is pretty unique in that it is a massively important U.S. and world city yet the local university garners a significant amount of local attention and is actually IN THE DAMN CITY and super close to the downtown core area. And is a major university both in athletics and academis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city
    U.S. cities ranked higher or equal to Seattle:

NYC- no football, Rutgers is not that close
    Chicago- Northwestern? Lol.
    L.A.- USC, UCLA
    DC- Maryland isn't close to downtown
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Miami- The U's well documented underachieving is well documented
    Boston- LOL
    Atlanta- Ga Tech is so far down on the attention list of southerners
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Denver- Boulder is not in Denver
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks
    St. Louis/San Diego- I'm not sure how they are Seattle's equal, but no teams

GTFOOH with calling Oklahoma City and Columbus and Nashville as cities on the level of Seattle. They might be to people from those regions, but that shit is small time.

If someone wants to go to college in a town where the college is the only thing going on and that's all that matters, that's fine, good for them, but our brand should be if you want to play big-time football for a big-time coach while going to a big-time school in a big-time city, your only option is Washington.

While everything you've said is pretty accurate, and I want people to feel this way...growing up in Los Angeles and living in the Bay Area now, no one gives a shit about Seattle in either place. no one wants to live there, as sad as it makes me.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:

Seattle is pretty unique in that it is a massively important U.S. and world city yet the local university garners a significant amount of local attention and is actually IN THE DAMN CITY and super close to the downtown core area. And is a major university both in athletics and academis.

L.A.- USC, UCLA
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Boston- LOL
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks

GTFOOH with calling Oklahoma City and Columbus and Nashville as cities on the level of Seattle. They might be to people from those regions, but that shit is small time.

If someone wants to go to college in a town where the college is the only thing going on and that's all that matters, that's fine, good for them, but our brand should be if you want to play big-time football for a big-time coach while going to a big-time school in a big-time city, your only option is Washington.

While everything you've said is pretty accurate, and I want people to feel this way...growing up in Los Angeles and living in the Bay Area now, no one gives a shit about Seattle in either place. no one wants to live there, as sad as it makes me.
    That’s not true, it’s got a growing group of white nationalists thanks in large part to the techies moving in.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Oh yes you do
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

L.A.- USC, UCLA
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Boston- LOL
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks

Californians are fucking retarded. I hate everyone in/from Cali that didn't go to UW. Using Cali opinions to norm society is what gets you fucking Jake Paul, Maroon 5 and Katy Perry on the radio.

Jake Paul is the living embodiment of Southern California. Fucking nuke it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA
    It's sad to see how far the So Cal music scene has fallen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

whlinder said:

L.A.- USC, UCLA
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Boston- LOL
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks

Californians are fucking retarded. I hate everyone in/from Cali that didn't go to UW. Using Cali opinions to norm society is what gets you fucking Jake Paul, Maroon 5 and Katy Perry on the radio.

@CirrhosisDawg!!! True???
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    elord821 said:

dnc said:

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

Only another page and a half to go guys, don't let bnb down!
    Once his dick changes to a gas we can call him Air BNB
    We won't get there if we go on about dick.

dnc said:

The Wisconsin comparison is most relevant right now as far as team culture that Petersen seems to expound, but I think we get a lot more elite athletes than they do.

We? should be pushing the "big city" narrative in recruiting. Coaches should post more likes about random gang violence, less about the fucking mountains and kayaking. Make the fast strategy kids from SoCal feel at home. How many major programs are located in the middle of a burgeoning urban environment? USC/UCLA, tOSU, Texas, Minnesota, and who else?

Georgia Tech and Vandy. Cal should count as Berkeley is right there. Is SLC urban?

Never been to Raleigh-Durham other than the airport but there are 2 million people there. Not sure if it feels like a city.
    If we’re counting tOSU and Tejas then OU probably counts too. OKCsucks but it’s not significantly smaller than Columbus or Austin.
    If we are counting schools that are in suburbs or close to major cities then we need to count Northwestern, Colorado, Rutgers, Maryland, Stanford, ASU...probably others.
    Boulder is 25 miles outside of Denver. That's like saying Everett should count.
    Everett? That is too generous. How about Startup or Mount Vernon?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

L.A.- USC, UCLA
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Boston- LOL
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks

Agree
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WoRuGED-E
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

L.A.- USC, UCLA
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Boston- LOL
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks

Agree
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WoRuGED-E
    Cannot chin enough
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

AAAHHH, my dick! It floated away and dispersed in the aether
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

AAAHHH, my dick! It floated away and dispersed in the aether
    Please to be joining me in welcoming airbnb to the boreds!

Leave!