Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WE NEED TO REALIZE THIS IS AN UPHILL BATTLE!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2018

dnc said:

elord821 said:

dnc said:

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

Only another page and a half to go guys, don't let bnb down!
    Once his dick changes to a gas we can call him Air BNB
    We won't get there if we go on about dick.

dnc said:

The Wisconsin comparison is most relevant right now as far as team culture that Petersen seems to expound, but I think we get a lot more elite athletes than they do.

We? should be pushing the "big city" narrative in recruiting. Coaches should post more likes about random gang violence, less about the fucking mountains and kayaking. Make the fast strategy kids from SoCal feel at home. How many major programs are located in the middle of a burgeoning urban environment? USC/UCLA, tOSU, Texas, Minnesota, and who else?

Georgia Tech and Vandy. Cal should count as Berkeley is right there. Is SLC urban?

Never been to Raleigh-Durham other than the airport but there are 2 million people there. Not sure if it feels like a city.
    If we’re counting tOSU and Tejas then OU probably counts too. OKCsucks but it’s not significantly smaller than Columbus or Austin.
    If we are counting schools that are in suburbs or close to major cities then we need to count Northwestern, Colorado, Rutgers, Maryland, Stanford, ASU...probably others.
    Boulder is 25 miles outside of Denver. That's like saying Everett should count.
    Thats my point. I was responding to dnc bringing up OU which is in Norman not OKC.
    Norman is way more OKC than Boulder is Denver though
    I will take your word for it having proudly never stepped foot in Oklahoma. Google maps says 20 miles from OKC so seems equivalent.

Norman is certainly less metropolitan than the other places I listed- Evanston, Palo Alto, Tempe, New Brunswick.
    I’ve never set foot in any of those four. I have set food in Boulder and Norman. Norman feels like you’re still in OKC (in the same way say Renton feels like you’re still in south Seattle). Boulder didn’t feel a thing like Denver last time I was there, but that’s been 15 years or so.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

You fags are getting closer
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Seattle is pretty unique in that it is a massively important U.S. and world city yet the local university garners a significant amount of local attention and is actually IN THE DAMN CITY and super close to the downtown core area. And is a major university both in athletics and academis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city
    U.S. cities ranked higher or equal to Seattle:

NYC- no football, Rutgers is not that close
    Chicago- Northwestern? Lol.
    L.A.- USC, UCLA
    DC- Maryland isn't close to downtown
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Miami- The U's well documented underachieving is well documented
    Boston- LOL
    Atlanta- Ga Tech is so far down on the attention list of southerners
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Denver- Boulder is not in Denver
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks
    St. Louis/San Diego- I'm not sure how they are Seattle's equal, but no teams

GTFOOH with calling Oklahoma City and Columbus and Nashville as cities on the level of Seattle. They might be to people from those regions, but that shit is small time.

If someone wants to go to college in a town where the college is the only thing going on and that's all that matters, that's fine, good for them, but our brand should be if you want to play big-time football for a big-time coach while going to a big-time school in a big-time city, your only option is Washington.

Yes. That was my poont.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Seattle is pretty unique in that it is a massively important U.S. and world city yet the local university garners a significant amount of local attention and is actually IN THE DAMN CITY and super close to the downtown core area. And is a major university both in athletics and academis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city
    U.S. cities ranked higher or equal to Seattle:

NYC- no football, Rutgers is not that close
    Chicago- Northwestern? Lol.
    L.A.- USC, UCLA
    DC- Maryland isn't close to downtown
    SF- Cal. Too high
    Miami- The U's well documented underachieving is well documented
    Boston- LOL
    Atlanta- Ga Tech is so far down on the attention list of southerners
    Dallas- Fighting MBAs
    Houston- no P5 team
    Philly- no P5 team
    Denver- Boulder is not in Denver
    Minneapolis- Minn sucks
    St. Louis/San Diego- I'm not sure how they are Seattle's equal, but no teams

GTFOOH with calling Oklahoma City and Columbus and Nashville as cities on the level of Seattle. They might be to people from those regions, but that shit is small time.

If someone wants to go to college in a town where the college is the only thing going on and that's all that matters, that's fine, good for them, but our brand should be if you want to play big-time football for a big-time coach while going to a big-time school in a big-time city, your only option is Washington.

I came.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited June 2018

I can remember on fagman bagging on all the Oregon brand people.

I haven't changed my mind. Branding is meaningless without winning.

LSU is a good example. Their brand today stems from having some of the most talented bad ass fucking teams in the las 20 years.

Brand means shit without winning. Winning comes first, then whatever your schtick is, even Peterson's boring no brand brand, becomes cool.

Oregon didn't win because of brand. Their brand became relevant because they won.

Rinse and repeat. Winning fixes everything.

Stanford is different and unique. A school egg heads turn down Harvard and Yale to attend that also offers elite D1 sports. The are in a class of one. Nobody in the PAC can match that. Nobody in the country can.

So your point is that winning and branding matter? Great. This is revolutionary.
    You are a sandy bleeding uterus these dayz.

So guess what?

Fuck off and get Bourdained.

Or keep rambling. I don't care.
  • Options

Swaye said:

LSU is a good example. Their brand today stems from having some of the most talented bad ass fucking teams in the las 20 years.

Brand means shit without winning. Winning comes first, then whatever your schtick is, even Peterson's boring no brand brand, becomes cool.

Oregon didn't win because of brand. Their brand became relevant because they won.

Stanford is different and unique. A school egg heads turn down Harvard and Yale to attend that also offers elite D1 sports. The are in a class of one. Nobody in the PAC can match that. Nobody in the country can.

When Creep is right, he's right.
    he is the creepiest coug in the world
    Damn straight.
  • Options

So your point is that winning and branding matter? Great. This is revolutionary.
    And, that wasn't my point you dumb dense dumb fuck.

Reed the post again.

One comes before the other. Hence, one is more important than the other.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Reed the post again.

You're fucking stupid.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
  • Options

Reed the post again.

You're fucking stupid.
    Fuck off cock sucker.
  • Options

@Dennis_DeYoung and @creepycoug need to take this to the Yellow bored for an old fashioned death match

I took a shit this morning that can handle DDY quite handily on its own.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

@Dennis_DeYoung and @creepycoug need to take this to the Yellow bored for an old fashioned death match

The Fabiculanan bored?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    elord821 said:

The Fabiculanan bored?
    You simply could not hold back, could you Erik.