Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BUCK Recruiting

Okay - so just to remind everyone who is on the bored at BUCK...

GUYS WITH OFFERS (rankings mine):
1. Kayvon T. - No chance in hell even though he spent all winter saying he really liked UW. When the Bruce Waynes came in, we are in the corner waving.
2. Bru McCoy - Maybe more of a SAM. Had us in his top 5. Never coming here because we can't recruit good players.
3. Laiatu Latu - Amazing player, going to Bama, Cal, Stanford or USC.
4. Treven Ma'ae - Fucking incredible talent, never coming to UW.
5. Josh Pakola - Going to Stanford.
6. Marcus Hicks - lol
7. Isreal Isuman-Hundley - You think we are going to get a black and African kid who plays BUCK out of Texas? lulz
8. Peter Mpagi - You think we are going to get an African kid who plays BUCK out of Texas (if he has offers from anyone in-state)? lulz
9. Bralen Trice - We could get him... primarily because I don't like his film very much.

Others we have no shot at: Mase Funa, Mataio Soli, Colt Ellison—not that I want him, Ty Robinson... etc.

GUYS WITHOUT OFFERS
1. Dylan Hall - I really like this kid a lot and I suspect we will wait until the above guys all spurn us to offer and then it will be too late.
2. Orin Patu - probably more of a SAM, hips not super wide, but a good looking player that I'd be fine with offering.
3. Justus Legg - Unless he has a Joe Tryon level senior season, he's out of the running. Looked great as a soph, but because we are cursed he sucked as a junior.
4. Alphonzo Tuputala - He said a while ago we were recruiting him at BUCK, so I'll throw him in here. It's possible he gets an offer. He's pretty good.

So, in sum: We won't get anyone good again this year, because no matter how many times you send Corky up to 10s in a bar in Scottsdale, he's not going to fuck. It doesn't matter how long he's been talking to them and it doesn't matter if they think he's a nice, stable guy.

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The “We don’t have to recruit because we are Washington and a Washington offer means something” doesn’t fly nor resonate too well with the upper eschelon of recruits who really need the affirmation from colleges, coaches, tweets, and offers. Why are we still leaving local guys to be offered by everyone but us? Even that small step can reap dividends... but no, we’re Washington.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have no idea who any of these fags are.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ob-la-di ob-la-da life goes on bra

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cock measurements? Asking for a friend.

Hopefully bigger than me.

#powerbottom
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

The “We don’t have to recruit because we are Washington and a Washington offer means something” doesn’t fly nor resonate too well with the upper eschelon of recruits who really need the affirmation from colleges, coaches, tweets, and offers. Why are we still leaving local guys to be offered by everyone but us? Even that small step can reap dividends... but no, we’re Washington.

It's not that they need affirmation - it's that we are competing.

Again - think of this scenario... we are walking into a rich guy bar in Scottsdale, there are a bunch of 9.5s and 10s at the bar. And we are like 'hey, I run a hedge fund in Wisconsin and am worth 35mil' and then we go sit in the corner. But we are ugly and said it in an awkward way.

Then a bunch of dudes who are just as rich (or more so) and better looking (looks in this analogy being brand) go up to them and throw down game all night. Every now and then we go back and are like 'remember me and the Wisconsin hedge fund? Do you like brats? God!! I love them. Even though I'm rich, I'm really down to earth. Going home with me will be the hardest thing you ever do, but it will be great for your soul.'

That's not the chicks craving attention, that's us not understanding the fucking playing field. Jesus.
    Woosh
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I didn't have the stomach to do this. TYFYS.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sure about that?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not that they need affirmation - it's that we are competing.

Again - think of this scenario... we are walking into a rich guy bar in Scottsdale, there are a bunch of 9.5s and 10s at the bar. And we are like 'hey, I run a hedge fund in Wisconsin and am worth 35mil' and then we go sit in the corner. But we are ugly and said it in an awkward way.

Then a bunch of dudes who are just as rich (or more so) and better looking (looks in this analogy being brand) go up to them and throw down game all night. Every now and then we go back and are like 'remember me and the Wisconsin hedge fund? Do you like brats? God!! I love them. Even though I'm rich, I'm really down to earth. Going home with me will be the hardest thing you ever do, but it will be great for your soul.'

That's not the chicks craving attention, that's us not understanding the fucking playing field. Jesus.
    In some ways Pete is still right, you know. You don't want to marry the 9.5 to 10.0 that is crazy and craves attention.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Okay - so just to remind everyone who is on the bored at BUCK...

GUYS WITH OFFERS (rankings mine):
    1. Kayvon T. - No chance in hell even though he spent all winter saying he really liked UW. When the Bruce Waynes came in, we are in the corner waving.
    2. Bru McCoy - Maybe more of a SAM. Had us in his top 5. Never coming here because we can't recruit good players.
    3. Laiatu Latu - Amazing player, going to Bama, Cal, Stanford or USC.
    4. Treven Ma'ae - Fucking incredible talent, never coming to UW.
    5. Josh Pakola - Going to Stanford.
    6. Marcus Hicks - lol
    7. Isreal Isuman-Hundley - You think we are going to get a black and African kid who plays BUCK out of Texas? lulz
    8. Peter Mpagi - You think we are going to get an African kid who plays BUCK out of Texas (if he has offers from anyone in-state)? lulz
    9. Bralen Trice - We could get him... primarily because I don't like his film very much.

Others we have no shot at: Mase Funa, Mataio Soli, Colt Ellison—not that I want him, Ty Robinson... etc.

GUYS WITHOUT OFFERS
    1. Dylan Hall - I really like this kid a lot and I suspect we will wait until the above guys all spurn us to offer and then it will be too late.
    2. Orin Patu - probably more of a SAM, hips not super wide, but a good looking player that I'd be fine with offering.
    3. Justus Legg - Unless he has a Joe Tryon level senior season, he's out of the running. Looked great as a soph, but because we are cursed he sucked as a junior.
    4. Alphonzo Tuputala - He said a while ago we were recruiting him at BUCK, so I'll throw him in here. It's possible he gets an offer. He's pretty good.

So, in sum: We won't get anyone good again this year, because no matter how many times you send Corky up to 10s in a bar in Scottsdale, he's not going to fuck. It doesn't matter how long he's been talking to them and it doesn't matter if they think he's a nice, stable guy.

I did control F Washington and got nothing

TL,DR
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So are the first 9 listed in order by how good they are? That way when we only get number 9 I will know we suck. TIA
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    History question for you TBS expurts: Was Cory Littleton fast strategy?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

History question for you TBS expurts: Was Cory Littleton fast strategy?

Yes.