Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SCOTUS rules Gawd hates gays

1235»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2018

Less makeup does wonders

Wood.

injoobitably

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Less makeup does wonders

Wood.

injoobitably

You know joobs are real when a skinny armed no ass girl like this has big-uns. Hitler had to have been an ass man.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:
    "Our society has come to the recognition that gay persons and gay couples cannot be treated as social outcasts or as inferior in dignity and worth," Kennedy wrote.

"The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market," Kennedy added.
    We all know gays have rights, it's just nice to see that their rights don't automatically trump others rights in all cases. I think that is all SCOTUS is saying here - it's a delicate balancing act - and hard to have absolutes. Gays have a right to be served, but small private businesses with strong religious beliefs have rights as well.
    Exactly. That was the point of that quote. There was another quote where this decision doesn't address many of those other issues. Hard thing is, whose rights matter more?

Tho I do chuckle at people using Christianity as a reason to not serve gay people. Given Jesus would tell them to serve the gay couple: thou shall not throw stones.
    I don't think that means what you think it means. Jesus did not say you had to condone sinful behavior or support it, just that you should recognize that you are also a sinner. Having empathy or loving someone doesn't mean you have to support him or her in his or her behavior. Jesus spent his time with prostitutes, but he didn't encourage them to be prostitutes!
    This case was particularly interesting because the baker was not refusing to serve them. Rather, he was refusing to make a custom cake for their wedding. It is clear, for instance, that a gay couple could not force a Christian publisher to publish their book on gay marriage. Now it is tricky with respect to what counts as "expression". Is simply baking a unique cake? What about if your write a message on it? Certainly there will be more cases like this in the future.
    Christianity would have been better in my view if the eye witnesses jotted down all the sermons, speeches, etc in real tim instead of it all being very "purple, monkey, dishwasher" ish over the course of many, many decades of ancient history.
    Why do you hate slow strategy writings??
    I don't as long as its in the original KJV. Fuck the NIV.
    Read it like the Apostle Paul wrote it or not at all! King James only bitch!
    Ye Old Early Modern Engrish >>>>> Greek.
    I know we're being sarcastic but I do know King James Only (KJO) idiots who really say shit like that
    Apostle Pauls King James Bible Up For Auction

U.S.—A new eBay listing confirmed Tuesday that the Apostle Paul’s leather-bound edition of the King James Bible—the only translation he was known to use—is at long last up for auction.

The $10 million reserve was quickly exceeded as excited Christians from around the world began frantically driving up the price in hopes of owning a little piece of church history.

“Here’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to read the very same archaic English that the Apostle Paul did in his daily personal studies,” the auction listing reads. “You can own the majestic text of the 1611 Authorized Version used by the church fathers to found the Christian church. Free economy shipping, no returns.”

The owner of the historic heirloom also stated that the Bible is in used but good condition, with all of Scofield’s study notes still clearly visible at the bottom of the page.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

God doesn't hate gays.

God hates faggoty dicks demanding shit to prove a point.

This.

I like to follow the golden rule: Don't be a dick. It's pretty simple really.
    This bored motto never had a chance here.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

They baked the cake they just didn't want to frost it with dicks

As I have said before wake me up when some fags go into a Muslim bakery and pull this shit

In India

So was this a "we don't make that sort of cake" thing, or a "we don't make cakes for faggots" thing?

I didn't pay much attention because neither wedding cakes or homos are on my radar.
    L

O

L
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

You don't need to decorate a pie.

DISAGREE

If you've never frosted a pie you haven't lived.
    J?