Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SCOTUS rules Gawd hates gays

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:
    "Our society has come to the recognition that gay persons and gay couples cannot be treated as social outcasts or as inferior in dignity and worth," Kennedy wrote.

"The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market," Kennedy added.
    We all know gays have rights, it's just nice to see that their rights don't automatically trump others rights in all cases. I think that is all SCOTUS is saying here - it's a delicate balancing act - and hard to have absolutes. Gays have a right to be served, but small private businesses with strong religious beliefs have rights as well.
    Exactly. That was the point of that quote. There was another quote where this decision doesn't address many of those other issues. Hard thing is, whose rights matter more?

Tho I do chuckle at people using Christianity as a reason to not serve gay people. Given Jesus would tell them to serve the gay couple: thou shall not throw stones.
    I don't think that means what you think it means. Jesus did not say you had to condone sinful behavior or support it, just that you should recognize that you are also a sinner. Having empathy or loving someone doesn't mean you have to support him or her in his or her behavior. Jesus spent his time with prostitutes, but he didn't encourage them to be prostitutes!
    This case was particularly interesting because the baker was not refusing to serve them. Rather, he was refusing to make a custom cake for their wedding. It is clear, for instance, that a gay couple could not force a Christian publisher to publish their book on gay marriage. Now it is tricky with respect to what counts as "expression". Is simply baking a unique cake? What about if your write a message on it? Certainly there will be more cases like this in the future.
    Christianity would have been better in my view if the eye witnesses jotted down all the sermons, speeches, etc in real tim instead of it all being very "purple, monkey, dishwasher" ish over the course of many, many decades of ancient history.
    Why do you hate slow strategy writings??
    I don't as long as its in the original KJV. Fuck the NIV.
    Read it like the Apostle Paul wrote it or not at all! King James only bitch!
    Ye Old Early Modern Engrish >>>>> Greek.
    I know we're being sarcastic but I do know King James Only (KJO) idiots who really say shit like that
    Yes, of course. But still, I am descended of a long line of Anglicans.
    Hard to imagine how someone raised by "We want to be Catholic just not answer to the Catholics or called Catholic" could leave such a compelling faith.
    Called Catholic? Answer to Catholics?

I’m sensing a lot of hate in your life.

Are there are a lot of evangelical “Christians” in Mississippi that hate Catholics?
    This was about Anglicans, hth
    And they’re not a compelling faith?
    Hot take.
    Sorry to disappoint you Darth
    Darth? Isn’t that a term for pagan Sith Lord?

Can I still be saved?
    What if I speak in tongues? Tia!
    You ain't dead yet my fren.
    Awesome. I just subscribed to jimmy swaggart’s magazine The Evangelust.

I didn’t know boozing, carousing and prostitutes were part of being an evangelist. I’ll be saved in no time! I have sinned!
    Jimmy Swaggart? Come on man, we?ve had some worthy scandals in the 30 years since Swaggartgate, STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!
    The past ones are better

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:
    "Our society has come to the recognition that gay persons and gay couples cannot be treated as social outcasts or as inferior in dignity and worth," Kennedy wrote.

"The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market," Kennedy added.
    We all know gays have rights, it's just nice to see that their rights don't automatically trump others rights in all cases. I think that is all SCOTUS is saying here - it's a delicate balancing act - and hard to have absolutes. Gays have a right to be served, but small private businesses with strong religious beliefs have rights as well.
    Exactly. That was the point of that quote. There was another quote where this decision doesn't address many of those other issues. Hard thing is, whose rights matter more?

Tho I do chuckle at people using Christianity as a reason to not serve gay people. Given Jesus would tell them to serve the gay couple: thou shall not throw stones.
    I don't think that means what you think it means. Jesus did not say you had to condone sinful behavior or support it, just that you should recognize that you are also a sinner. Having empathy or loving someone doesn't mean you have to support him or her in his or her behavior. Jesus spent his time with prostitutes, but he didn't encourage them to be prostitutes!
    This case was particularly interesting because the baker was not refusing to serve them. Rather, he was refusing to make a custom cake for their wedding. It is clear, for instance, that a gay couple could not force a Christian publisher to publish their book on gay marriage. Now it is tricky with respect to what counts as "expression". Is simply baking a unique cake? What about if your write a message on it? Certainly there will be more cases like this in the future.
    Christianity would have been better in my view if the eye witnesses jotted down all the sermons, speeches, etc in real tim instead of it all being very "purple, monkey, dishwasher" ish over the course of many, many decades of ancient history.
    Why do you hate slow strategy writings??
    I don't as long as its in the original KJV. Fuck the NIV.
    Read it like the Apostle Paul wrote it or not at all! King James only bitch!
    Ye Old Early Modern Engrish >>>>> Greek.
    I know we're being sarcastic but I do know King James Only (KJO) idiots who really say shit like that
    Yes, of course. But still, I am descended of a long line of Anglicans.
    Hard to imagine how someone raised by "We want to be Catholic just not answer to the Catholics or called Catholic" could leave such a compelling faith.
    I have a dark secret: my parents never baptized me.

Less makeup does wonders

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

God doesn't hate gays.

God hates faggoty dicks demanding shit to prove a point.

This.

I like to follow the golden rule: Don't be a dick. It's pretty simple really.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

It's not a dick move to ask a fucking baker to bake you a cake. It's a dick move not to make the cake when you bake fucking cakes for a living.

It's a dick move to turn it into a huge court case instead of just finding another bakery, though.

This case is a perfect example of why I fucking hate people.

God loves dicks? Race, true?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They baked the cake they just didn't want to frost it with dicks

Is this what actually happened? Not sure if serious...LOL
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,768
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As I have said before wake me up when some fags go into a Muslim bakery and pull this shit

In India

A knife works much better. Trust the Throbber on this.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

As I have said before wake me up when some fags go into a Muslim bakery and pull this shit

In India

A knife works much better. Trust the Throbber on this.

Eat more zinc
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018
    You don't need to decorate a pie.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

In India

So was this a "we don't make that sort of cake" thing, or a "we don't make cakes for faggots" thing?

I didn't pay much attention because neither wedding cakes or homos are on my radar.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

DISAGREE

If you've never frosted a pie you haven't lived.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,768
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

DISAGREE

If you've never frosted a pie you haven't lived.
    The proper term is glazed.

brb, go
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

God doesn't hate gays.

God hates faggoty dicks demanding shit to prove a point.

Mic Drop. Thread Winner.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Less makeup does wonders

Wood.