Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pm to @whlinder

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After years of dedication to our team, we deserve to win for once. Sorry Caps fans! It's OUR year!!!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

If Purple J is wrong then I want to be right.

Losing to an expansion team in the finals is going to be the most Caps thing ever

Im surprised the Caps have enough fans to have a "most Caps thing ever"

Then again i know fucking nothing about hockey other than I want seattle to have a team
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

After years of dedication to our team, we deserve to win for once. Sorry Caps fans! It's OUR year!!!

J has been a Golden Knights fan since year 1
    It's only his 5th NHL team avatar in the past 3 weeks
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

J has been a Golden Knights fan since year 1
    It's only his 5th NHL team avatar in the past 3 weeks
    Uncalled for! I've been a Golden Knight all my life!
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

If Purple J is wrong then I want to be right.

Losing to an expansion team in the finals is going to be the most Caps thing ever

Im surprised the Caps have enough fans to have a "most Caps thing ever"

Then again i know fucking nothing about hockey other than I want seattle to have a team
    The Caps have a good fan base since the past quarter century of Washington DC sports (since the 1991 Redskins SB title) have featured shit sandwiches of sports team. No baseball until a decade ago, and while the Nats have had a few decent seasons they couldn't win a playoff series. The Wizards always suck and when making the playoffs rarely could muster a top 4 playoff seed. Redskins with 2 division titles in that timeframe and like 2 playoff wins. The Caps on the other hand made the 98 Cup finals and then blew up and rebuilt with really good talent (Ovechkin and Backstrom the 2 primarily) and have been good for 10+ years, winning the total Points trophy in hockey, getting high seeds and winning whatever division in hockey they are in. So that's where more of DC's sporting attention went.

The Caps in that stretch were always talented (Ovechkin is an all-time player and his career stats are now way up there) and supposed to be among the best teams in hockey, but get to the playoffs and they choke. Choke, choke and choke some more. Losing in the first round as the top points team in the league. Sidney Crosby and the Penguins were the enemy to Caps fans and losing to the Penguins was basically assured. Crosby was a bitch but he always fucking won. Caps fans irrationally hate him cause losers always hate winners.

So this year they went down 2-0 in the first round, losing both at home, and then won 4 straight to close it out. Got a little bit of mental toughness.
    Round 2, took down the Penguins and Crosby (I think winning on the road to close out).
    And then in the conference finals, take control of the series up 2-0 on the road, then lose 3 straight and face elimination only to respond with back to back shut outs to make the finals.

So it would be the most Caps thing ever to overcome years of choking and under-performance by finally breaking through and then get to the Finals. And lose to an expansion team.

TL;DR: Losers Lose until they don't. The Caps have been losers for their entire franchise and this group of players for several years. They are 4 wins from no longer being losers, and in front of them is an expansion team.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The knights have been steamrolling everyone. It's nuts.

Even I've watched about 20 mins of each game.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Why is this on this board?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate Sidney Crosby because scored the winning goal in the olympics over the US in 2010. He's a national hero in Canada for preventing them from losing the gold to a country that couldn't care less. Fuck that. Patrick Kane is better.

As for Warshington. You call yourselves the CAPS and don't even capitalize a single letter in your logo. Retarded. Not to mention that you employ a dirty Russian troll to be the franchise player in our nation's capital. I hope Trump shuts it down after Vegas sweeps that ass.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The O/U was 5.

For how many losses the Caps franchise would have in the Cup finals before it finally won a game.
    PurpleJ said:

I hope Trump shuts it down after Vegas sweeps that ass.