Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peter Mpagi, 2019 3* DE, Richmond (George Ranch), TX (HOOK 'EM!)

Comments

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    To be fair, I don’t know if it’s West African. Could be East African like Uganda or something.

I never said I was an Onomastician.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Has there ever been an openly atheist recruit?

“I’d like to thank my ancestors who mated with suitable individuals leading to my genetic make up, and my parents/guardians for making all of the decisions that led me to being the way I am, and for my coaches that invested countless hours in my training....”, doesn’t have the same ring to it.
    @JimmyTheGreekDawg ? True?
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I just realized that thanking God will get you in far less trouble than entering genetic make up

Did someone say Rolls Royce?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    "thanks be to Allah that I have fast twitch instead of slow twitch fibers in my body and can play a game well enough to get my edumacation paid for while being pimped out by the NCAA/university..."
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

Can't wait for the first recruit to mention how "unprofane" he is after receiving an offer from SC.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Spoke to Doogman today.

Notes:

- He doesn't seem to have known jack shit about UW prior to today, but said UW is tied for 1st with Northwestern.
    - He knows who John Ross is and that he was drafted in the 1st, knows UW was in Peach Bowl and Fiesta Bowl last two years (may not know the results, TBD, I'll let you know what I hear)
    - Taking trips to Cal, Stanford, Texas, and A&M in the next month or two
    - Coming to UW June 2nd for camp but may not participate due to knee
    - Plans on making his decision by the end of June

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    So he’s offer hunting but wants to decide by the end of June? That’s either really bad... or he’s a Dom Hampton. More likely the first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018
    His arms are long as fuck. If he's going to play BUCK, he really needs to work on the pursuit angles. The coaches would fix that eventually. I wouldn't complain if he decided to come to UW, but we've dug ourselves into a deep hole at this position. We need someone who can play next year. No pass rush, no championship. Immediate help can come if we choose to take the JUCO route or offer the few remaining upper-tier players out west who would give us the time of day.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    elord821 said:

His arms are long as fuck. If he's going to play BUCK, he really needs to work on the pursuit angles. The coaches would fix that eventually. I wouldn't complain if he decided to come to UW, but we've dug ourselves into a deep hole at this position. We need someone who can play next year. No pass rush, no championship. Immediate help can come if we choose to take the JUCO route or offer the few remaining upper-tier players out west who would give us the time of day.

I’m not convinced that we HAVE to have a dominate BUCK to be a national championship caliber team ... but it obviously helps.

2019 MAY be a transition year IMO where we will need the offense to potentially outscore some teams.

But by and large, this train is moving in the right direction. I’m optimistic that we will get 2 BUCKS in this class.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hell YEAH!!! I want a Peter and Yankoff on my #Huskies
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

elord821 said:

I’m not convinced that we HAVE to have a dominate BUCK to be a national championship caliber team ... but it obviously helps.

2019 MAY be a transition year IMO where we will need the offense to potentially outscore some teams.

But by and large, this train is moving in the right direction. I’m optimistic that we will get 2 BUCKS in this class.
    I would take back a lot of criticism if we scored two, so long as they're legit. In order to beat Alabama we have to be flawless. Yes, Hurts had a bad game, and we put decent pressure on him the few times he dropped back to pass, but Hurts isn't anywhere near Tua's level in the pocket. Tua lit up Georgia in the 2nd half. I don't see why he will be worse next year with a full season as a starter.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    A QB like Tua doesn’t scare me from the pocket ... he scares me when he breaks the pocket and has a run/pass option

I’m not saying that getting pressure isn’t important so don’t twist.

But I do think that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the #1 thing we worry about defensively is QBs getting out of the pocket and the threat that causes for big plays.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I was still more in the agnostic camp when UW "recruited" me.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just realized that thanking God will get you in far less trouble than entering genetic make up

It's really just semantics anyhow.