Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kale Millen commits to Oregon

123457»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn’t realize that Hop Valley Brewing was based out of Eugene. They aren’t bad, although too many IPA offerings, in my honest opinion.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

It's a ploy to get his little brother who is going to be a great one.

Yeah, because that is something well run programs do.
    Beats a petition to keep a coach.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    haie said:

I didn’t realize that Hop Valley Brewing was based out of Eugene. They aren’t bad, although too many IPA offerings, in my honest opinion.

Basically the problem with every brewery.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

Basically the problem with every brewery.

IPAs sell. The problem with most breweries is they just can’t brew for shit. All of their porters, stouts, lagers, IPAs taste like the same shit you can make from a brew your own kit.

If you want some good stouts BBomb/KDS are low key some of the best bourbon barrel aged base stouts in the country and readily available thanks to fremonts size of their barrel program and good distribution. Worth the cost of entry. If it’s too boozy for your taste, stick it in a closet and forget about it for a year or more. Also, the coconut variant of bbomb was next level awesome.

If you want good sours, holy mountain is doing some awesome shit, granted their more elite offerings are much more rare and you’re more likely to show up and drink saisons that aren’t suited to everyone’s palate unless you watch for releases. They also are top tier for New England style IPAs (the more fruity/floral, less bitter new popular style of beer that you see your beer geek friends posting on Instagram about). Make a trip to de Garde for a generally awesome selection of sours, just stick to the fruited variants if you aren’t sure whether you can palate sours.

If you are really into beer you already know about Floodlands.

Otherwise, keep going to random breweries and drinking like a bunch of plebes.