Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elite 8 (1960's) - #1 The Beatles vs #2 The Rolling Stones

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Stones voters have no actual, logical claim to say they are better than The Beatles. They are The Beatles' little brother. You faggots are all voting for Oregon over UW in this poll!

Faggots my arse. I can guarantee-god-damned-tee you I've spent more hours listening to Beatles records in the past 30 years than any man, women, or child (hi @backthepack ) here.
    Wrong.
    And furthermore, Beatle snobs - unless you've listened to the correct mono mixes of their recordings you can shut the fuck up. Mono is where it's at on EVERY Beatles record prior to the White LP. The stereo Revolver and Pepper suck in comparison to the Mono.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #1 The Beatles

Stones voters have no actual, logical claim to say they are better than The Beatles. They are The Beatles' little brother. You faggots are all voting for Oregon over UW in this poll!

Faggots my arse. I can guarantee-god-damned-tee you I've spent more hours listening to Beatles records in the past 30 years than any man, women, or child (hi @backthepack ) here.
    Wrong.
    And furthermore, Beatle snobs - unless you've listened to the correct mono mixes of their recordings you can shut the fuck up. Mono is where it's at on EVERY Beatles record prior to the White LP. The stereo Revolver and Pepper suck in comparison to the Mono.

Bruh, I listened to all the fucking mono records in the spring of '92 bitch. Get on my level. How'd they produce the effect for John's vocal on tomorrow never knows?

GET. ON. MY. LEVEL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

The Beatles early work is bubble gum pop/boy band type stuff.

The Stones early work is blues/jazz inspired rock and roll.

I know which one I prefer.
    Chuck was still the most important influence on both groups, but still, you're point is largely accurate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Wrong.

Bruh, I listened to all the fucking mono records in the spring of '92 bitch. Get on my level. How'd they produce the effect for John's vocal on tomorrow never knows?

GET. ON. MY. LEVEL.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Wrong.

GET. ON. MY. LEVEL.
    I would concede I'm not on you're level if you're gonna play RECORDING STUDIO SUPERIORITY GUY.

As much as I love Aftermath, it can't hold a candle to Revolver in terms of influence/brilliance. But then oh wait, Paint It Black was a better single than anything the Beatles put out in 1966. And it's the best use of sitar on a rock record, even if George got there first. The Stones took many of the Beatles ideas and made them even better.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Chuck was still the most important influence on both groups, but still, you're point is largely accurate.
    Completely agree. The Stones were way more influenced by jazz & blues though. They even took their name from Muddy Waters.

In my early years I grew up loving the Beatles and being pretty oblivious to the Stones. When I finally found the Stones as a teenager though, I listened to their entire discography from 64' to 72' in one sitting.

My father, who is a bit of an audiophile, has all of these albums, Beatles & Rolling Stones, on vinyl from their first US releases. He prefers the Stones by a wide margin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Completely agree. The Stones were way more influenced by jazz & blues though. They even took their name from Muddy Waters.

In my early years I grew up loving the Beatles and being pretty oblivious to the Stones. When I finally found the Stones as a teenager though, I listened to their entire discography from 64' to 72' in one sitting.

My father, who is a bit of an audiophile, has all of these albums, Beatles & Rolling Stones, on vinyl from their first US releases. He prefers the Stones by a wide margin.
    The one thing that sucks about early Stones records is they sound like shit up until Aftermath in 1966. The only exception is the tracks they cut at Chess in 1964. The early Beatles records were much better recorded sound-wise.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 The Rolling Stones

When Otis covers your shit, you're pretty much GOAT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtbiHYa-LI

Otis was such a fucking bad ass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones
    Swaye said:

He needed mor tim. Stupid lakes.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Rolling Stones
    Swaye said:

Stax Records ftw
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #2 The Rolling Stones
    Both are great. Stones over Beatles because they sound better.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Rolling Stones
    Stones had a dude OD, Beatles had a dude get whacked on his porch. Advantage: Stones.

And Keith Motherfucking Richards is going to outlive every single one of us. So, Stones.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

Stones had a dude OD, Beatles had a dude get whacked on his porch. Advantage: Stones.

And Keith Motherfucking Richards is going to outlive every single one of us. So, Stones.

There aren't many fast strategy musicians who have cheated death more times than Keef.

Proving that FS can outlive SS since December 1980.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #2 The Rolling Stones
    @YellowSnow After Review

1. Stones
    2. Who
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Rolling Stones

@YellowSnow After Review

1. Stones
    2. Who

I'd put Beatles at 2 and Who 3 but that my top 3 right there. Zeppelin is 4.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #1 The Beatles

I hate blues and jazz so much. Maybe that's why I know the stones are shit compared to the Beatles