Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sweet 16 (late 1980's to present) - #2 Metallica vs #3 U2

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Write in: Korn

Hot garbage
    WHOOSH!!!!!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica
    dflea said:

This thread explains a great deal.

This.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica

FWIW if you are making arguments for Aerosmith and U2 being the greatest bands in rock history you are a retard.

Founders Club
    #2 Metallica
    13 to 9. Jesus Christ I give up on you tards.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

I had Metallica penciled in for the Final Four for sure, but it appears I have overestimated the general coolness of this place and underestimated the amount of "squat to pee" gender confused retards we have.

Didn't youvote forqueen and/or Rod Stewart?
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica
    chuck said:

Swaye said:

I had Metallica penciled in for the Final Four for sure, but it appears I have overestimated the general coolness of this place and underestimated the amount of "squat to pee" gender confused retards we have.

Freddie Mercury is a complete bad ass, poof or no, and Rod got my vote for tapping top shelf ass, then I went against him as soon as he was against someone good. But we are down to the S16, and we got people who think U2, a bunch of no-talent ass clowns are somehow even in the same universe musically as METALLICA.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

Freddie Mercury is a complete bad ass, poof or no, and Rod got my vote for tapping top shelf ass, then I went against him as soon as he was against someone good. But we are down to the S16, and we got people who think U2, a bunch of no-talent ass clowns are somehow even in the same universe musically as METALLICA.
    Agree this matchup isnt close. Freddie Mercury sucked though aside from Another One Bites the Pillow. Queen was not a rock band. Rod Stewart was 70s am radio shit.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

13 to 9. Jesus Christ I give up on you tards.

It ain't over until I summon the alts to vote

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 Metallica
    I thought this would be a shutout.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica

Agreed. To be completely serious, when I saw this matchup, I thought probably 35 - 3 or something close. And yet, here we are, 21 -12. I figured Metallica would have ACDC like domination of the bracket, but always was cognizant that on this bored, and this bored only, Nirvana would get a LOT more love than they would anywhere else. So I figured Metallica would absolutely crush everyone until the bracket finals, but that has not played out, due to squat to pee issues previously addressed.

Metallica v. Nirvana will be a tough one I now see, but only because of the location of lots of the shitbag denizens of this shithole. You run a Metallica v Nirvana heads up pole on any football bored in the NE or SE, and Metallica rolls them 30-10 every time, or worse. Nirvana is getting a YUGE Seattle soccer scarf and wine fag bounce.
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica
    whlinder said:

Swaye said:

Agreed. To be completely serious, when I saw this matchup, I thought probably 35 - 3 or something close. And yet, here we are, 21 -12. I figured Metallica would have ACDC like domination of the bracket, but always was cognizant that on this bored, and this bored only, Nirvana would get a LOT more love than they would anywhere else. So I figured Metallica would absolutely crush everyone until the bracket finals, but that has not played out, due to squat to pee issues previously addressed.

Metallica v. Nirvana will be a tough one I now see, but only because of the location of lots of the shitbag denizens of this shithole. You run a Metallica v Nirvana heads up pole on any football bored in the NE or SE, and Metallica rolls them 30-10 every time, or worse. Nirvana is getting a YUGE Seattle soccer scarf and wine fag bounce.
    I look forward to fucking you again in the next round by voting for Nirvana while sipping wine wearing my Redskins sweatpants.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

I hate soccer and scarves as much as any man here and I didn't go to HS in the PNW, but I don't think I can take Metallica over Nirvana.
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica

Swaye said:

I hate soccer and scarves as much as any man here and I didn't go to HS in the PNW, but I don't think I can take Metallica over Nirvana.
    Jesus Christ. Nirvana has barely survived GnR and Soundgarden. Metallica was the biggest band in the world for a decade. They both started a form of music. Metallica is MUCH more musically gifted. Metallicas body of work is 5 times larger than Nirvana. Radio stations STILL have Mandatory Metallica. Nobody has Nirvana Jack Shit. It isn't close.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Jesus Christ. Nirvana has barely survived GnR and Soundgarden. Metallica was the biggest band in the world for a decade. They both started a form of music. Metallica is MUCH more musically gifted. Metallicas body of work is 5 times larger than Nirvana. Radio stations STILL have Mandatory Metallica. Nobody has Nirvana Jack Shit. It isn't close.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2018
    #2 Metallica
    Nirvana fucking sucks. Stop it.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

grunge was nu-metal before nu-metal.