Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Blue Wave Update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
sacbee.com/latest-news/article209804769.html

Newsome still has a hefty lead and his 81% certain to win but two GOP candidates have passed the other democrats so we should get a dem v GOP Governor race out here in paradise. That's kind of big. Awfully warm for November

Newt is all over the radio out here pushing the GOP front runner and running against the gas tax, the train, and sanctuary cities.

It could get interesting. Or not

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,884
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hondo can't read
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are there any Pat Brown democrats left in California? I'd have him as a high seed in the Tuff Logging Camp liberals backet.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Are there any Pat Brown democrats left in California? I'd have him as a high seed in the Tuff Logging Camp liberals backet.

Moonbeam's dad? I like the guy who ran him out of office in 1966 a whole lot better.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is a not good movie.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

The pock face was skrong in this movie.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,687
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Moonbeam's dad? I like the guy who ran him out of office in 1966 a whole lot better.
    I worship Dutch Reagan as much any person here, but people forget that it was a Tuff liberal like Moonbeam's daddy, who got the State Water Project built. Reagan actually played a big role on putting the kibosh on more damn building. Though it was wasteful big guvmint. The state would be in a lot better shape today if they had built more damns.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,799
    salemcoog said:

phineas said:

The pock face was skrong in this movie.
    Did not realize Kate Bosworth had a contribution to The Fappening.

Skinny ass bitch - but perky tits are always nice. Hope Gary Bertier got some.

Google it yourself, flagsters.

• Options

I worship Dutch Reagan as much any person here, but people forget that it was a Tuff liberal like Moonbeam's daddy, who got the State Water Project built. Reagan actually played a big role on putting the kibosh on more damn building. Though it was wasteful big guvmint. The state would be in a lot better shape today if they had built more damns.
    Trains to nowhere are important. Damns? Who needs water?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Easier to build more damns in the 1960s and early 1970s when Reagan was in office and the environmental lobby wasn't skrong. It's too late now.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Easier to build more damns in the 1960s and early 1970s when Reagan was in office and the environmental lobby wasn't skrong. It's too late now.
    Not to late just a different political agenda.

When Ronald Reagan was governor, a massive dam project on the Eel River in Round Valley was canceled thanks to Reagan's opposition. Reagan's chief adviser on environmental issues was a man named Norman "Ike" Livermore who was a Republican conservationist in the tradition of Teddy Roosevelt. Livermore and Reagan shared a love for the outdoors. But they both wanted to preserve California's rich natural beauty so humans could enjoy it. Not only did their efforts help stop the potentially destructive Eel River project, but they also blocked the Trans-Sierra Highway from destroying the pristine John Muir Trail. Again, all of this was done with the idea of preserving nature for the benefit of the people of California.

But for 40 years now, California's conservation efforts and policies have treated its people like they're villains that need to be punished. Several dam projects that were much more ecologically friendly than Eel River have been nixed on less than the most scientific grounds. Vital reservoirs are routinely drained for the alleged sake of some species of fish alone. A key solar farm project in the Mojave Desert continues to hit snags thanks to law suits filed on behalf of turtles and other animals. The list goes on.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    edited April 2018
    Because I'm cheap whenever I'd go out to the bars with people for their birthday or something I'd always get them a shot of blue Curacao and soda water and call it a blue wave.

They we're wasted so never realized it didn't have any booze.
    Plus then she wouldn't get too sloppy drunk and I wouldnt feel too bad about it.

So yeah blue wave is made up garbage even before this.