Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dylan Hall, 2019 4* BUCK, Lancaster (Ant. Valley), CA - Why would we offer?

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

Offers from only the Beavs and Cuogs. Either everyone else is wrong or it's grades/juvy record.

The kid has a fucking offer from Yale. It's not grades.

And also - this kid will blow up. Watch. He's skinny, so people are waiting... but it'll happen.
    I see that now. And Purdue so surely not grades. Would have to be a totally developmental project since every fucking football staff in the country worth a damn isn't seeing what you are.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Offers from only the Beavs and Cuogs. Either everyone else is wrong or it's grades/juvy record.

The kid has a fucking offer from Yale. It's not grades.

And also - this kid will blow up. Watch. He's skinny, so people are waiting... but it'll happen.
    I see that now. And Purdue so surely not grades. Would have to be a totally developmental project since every fucking football staff in the country worth a damn isn't seeing what you are.
    He’s gonna get more offers.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018

I trust the coaches!

THIS.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

I don’t even have to watch the film to be angry anymore. What in the actual fuck are they doing in recruiting right now? It’s almost like we are being punked. I just don’t get the strategy at all.

You’re joking right? What the fuck are we doing in recruiting? Man, relax. We have 7 commits so far and are leading the Pac12 heading into the summer/early signing period. We’ll be fine.

You’re literally freaking out over us not offering the #1148 player IN THE COUNTRY. Kid isn’t even top 100 in California. I get DDY’s BUCK angst and sure this kid has upside but no other significant program has offered him either. LIPO. You don’t get the strategy? We’re not Tennessee or Oregon throwing out insignificant offers to kids that can’t make it in our program.

Man some of you whine and bitch more than my girlfriend my god. I go here to escape that shit.
    No, I am freaking out over the fact UW can’t recruit an edge pash rusher to save their life and keep offering kids from Georgia, much like Tennessee or Oregon might, rather than in an area they’ve had some actual success.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I really like the upside of Hall, I don't care if we offer him now but we should definitely be recruiting him. Do everything you can to get him up for camp this summer and see how he looks. He's very raw still but he has the size, strength, and speed you want. He could easily blow up his Senior year, better to get in on him early just in case.
    I sympathize with the coaches trying to recruit across the country while also trying to make a UW offer 'mean something'. You aren't going to get the attention of a kid from Texas if you don't offer him, so you kind of have to just to gauge their interest and try and get them to visit. Waiting so long to offer the obvious instate guys is still annoying though.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

I don’t even have to watch the film to be angry anymore. What in the actual fuck are they doing in recruiting right now? It’s almost like we are being punked. I just don’t get the strategy at all.

You’re joking right? What the fuck are we doing in recruiting? Man, relax. We have 7 commits so far and are leading the Pac12 heading into the summer/early signing period. We’ll be fine.

You’re literally freaking out over us not offering the #1148 player IN THE COUNTRY. Kid isn’t even top 100 in California. I get DDY’s BUCK angst and sure this kid has upside but no other significant program has offered him either. LIPO. You don’t get the strategy? We’re not Tennessee or Oregon throwing out insignificant offers to kids that can’t make it in our program.

Man some of you whine and bitch more than my girlfriend my god. I go here to escape that shit.
    No, I am freaking out over the fact UW can’t recruit an edge pash rusher to save their life and keep offering kids from Georgia, much like Tennessee or Oregon might, rather than in an area they’ve had some actual success.
    We're all frustrated about missing on Martin, DJ Johnson etc. Do I wish we could have landed a legit BUCK last year? Obviously. Do I think the sky is falling? Not at all. We've got some disrupters. Benning looked great this spring and I fully expect him start at said position. After that it's a bunch of competition outside. We obviously need to stack, stack and stack some more however we've got some intriguing guys (Tryon, Eifler, Ngata, Amadre etc) and developing talent hasn't been the problem..it's bringing it in. Kaho could end up as a BUCK. Outsidebacker isn't our strongest position group obviously however I do see lots of intriguing, young upside guys and we still have plenty of time before signing day to bring in a few for this class. LIPO.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

We're all frustrated about missing on Martin, DJ Johnson etc. Do I wish we could have landed a legit BUCK last year? Obviously. Do I think the sky is falling? Not at all. We've got some disrupters. Benning looked great this spring and I fully expect him start at said position. After that it's a bunch of competition outside. We obviously need to stack, stack and stack some more however we've got some intriguing guys (Tryon, Eifler, Ngata, Amadre etc) and developing talent hasn't been the problem..it's bringing it in. Kaho could end up as a BUCK. Outsidebacker isn't our strongest position group obviously however I do see lots of intriguing, young upside guys and we still have plenty of time before signing day to bring in a few for this class. LIPO.
    Dude kaho does not have the frame to play buck, he has a frame of a sam

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

He's bigger than Ngata and they have him outside....6'3 220 as a 17 year old? How does he not have the frame?
    and we're not even mentioning Zion. I doubt they keep him inside given the talent we've been acclimating at D Tackle. He'd have to gain 60+ lbs.. He's also listed as a Linebacker.
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

He's bigger than Ngata and they have him outside....6'3 220 as a 17 year old? How does he not have the frame?
    He was officially 6'1
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

Ideal buck size is somebe between 6”3-6”6 with 245-270 weight range. Kaho is a nice Sam size (ngata will play sam)

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

He was officially 6'1
    I just noticed that as well. They have Tafisi listed at 6'2 which is odd. I thought he was much shorter than Ale. MJ is MIK all the way. That said I do think that Kaho is going to play outside.
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

He was officially 6'1
    I just noticed that as well. They have Tafisi listed at 6'2 which is odd. I thought he was much shorter than Ale. MJ is MIK all the way. That said I do think that Kaho is going to play outside.
    Sam is an outside LB position
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I thought you already knew God hates us.

Hates doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Considering we learn the street names downtown with the phrase “Jesus Christ made Seattle under protest” I don’t know what more you can expect.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    pat_hm said:

tvoie said:

Pat, I love and respect you... but...

1. RE: 7 commits. It doesn't matter when they commit, it's who you sign. We aren't 'leading' anything. We have more commits than anyone else, but USC would only take 2 of our commits and out of those two one (Pa'ama) might not even actually know what 'commit' means.
    2. #1148, huh? Great point. Except for the fact that the services have no fucking idea what they are doing. Me and Coker aren't perfect, but we've been a fuck of a lot more accurate than 247 on kids.
    3. Last year we offered Martin late and A&M already had their hooks in his family. This kid will get big time offers.
    4. We are trying to offer kids in the souff that will never fucking come here. It's a complete fucking waste of time and effort. We are offering kids in the Souff that already have 10-20 offers rather than concentrating on high expected value targets.

Also: Kaho is starting at SAM (I doubt he ends up there), Tafisi at WIL, Sirmon at MIK. No one at BUCK because Kwiatkowski has literally never signed a BUCK from out of state worth a shit.