Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Round 2 (late 1970's to mid 1980's) - #1 AC DC vs #9 Tom Petty

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 AC DC
    dflea said:

Make a list of the top 20 songs from each band.

Once you get to about a dozen songs, you'll be pressing to find another VH song, and wondering how AC/DC could have so many songs that kick ass.

It's rather easy for me to do with either group. Clear case of abundance.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #1 AC DC

Swaye said:

I could actually see ACDC winning this whole damn thing.

They've gotta go through Van Halen first. I mean how the fuck do you top Van Halen I. I mean Highway and Back in Black are flawless but Van Halen I was revolutionary and perhaps the best debut album by any band ever. Eddie >>>> Angus.
    Outside of the age demographic of this bored(and only a subset at that bc dorm geeks) Van Halen is not very remembered or relevant to today's youth.
    Valid poont. I don't know that Van Halen's music holds up as well with today's youth as AC DCs. Mrs Snow a millennial (I'm not) will rock out to some AC DC and especially Queen, but is meh on Van Halen. None of this changes Eddie's influence on playing of the electric guitar. In other words, if Hendrix is God, then so is Eddie.
    Who the fuck is Van Halen?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 AC DC
    I actually was Angus my junior year of college for Halloween. My hair looks like young Angus when it gets longer and I had the jacket, shorts and tie and everything. Half the people at the party were like fuck yeah and started chanting "Angus, Angus, Angus", but there were a lot of dumb chicks who had not idea who I was dressed up as. Only thing that sucked was my friend wouldn't let be borrow his Gibson SG to rock around with. Fucking asshole.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #1 AC DC
    Bon Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diamond Dave
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #1 AC DC

When she's on the Jenny Craig/Weighwatchers, Wolfgang's mom adds points to Van Halen's street cred.

brb, yo.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Noone said that AC DC was better than Van Halen.

But if you are saying that Brian Johnson is a better vocalist than Sammy Hagar, I'll gladly mapquest the local 7-11 for you when you come visit the in laws next.

I need one on the west side of the river. I'm lazy and don't want to drive too far.
    Not sure I’ll much left after having to row over. Any tips on saving strokes?