Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'd be a little worried about the run defense...

Comments

• BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018

Now it might be competitive, maybe go either way.

If the Auburn that beat Alabama in 2017 shows up (even without KJ), we have no chance. If the Auburn that got beat by UCF shows up -- we have a chance.

So yeah, it could go either way.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

When newfish clueless college freshmen dorm dorks hijack HH, Pup takes time off...the floor, and I mean floor is yours. Pup prefers ceiling discussion

Race you like young boys, they're all yours

Winners never quit. Quitters never win
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baphomet said:

Now it might be competitive, maybe go either way.

If the Auburn that beat Alabama in 2017 shows up (even without KJ), we have no chance. If the Auburn that got beat by UCF shows up -- we have a chance.

So yeah, it could go either way.
    The bama that Auburn beat didnt play a certain freshman. The UCF that Auburn played actually had an offense..something not seen in the SEC in a coons age
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Auburn spreads the field side to side to get gaps to run in and if you close the gaps they throw it over you. You need a disciplined defense that stays home or you get burnt. Of course Auburn could line up and try to run it down our throats but since I actually watch SEC football and shit I won't make the same mistake pumpy makes in thinking that Auburn is a power team because they aren't.

Auburn IS a power run team. As much or more than Bama race you fucking dipshit. Malzahn, like Kelly at Oregon, is all about pounding rock out spread. Kelly averaged 273yds/game in exact same offense.

Race, just close legs too. You are a fucking imbecile
    A power run team that runs out of the spread?

Try watching some games new fish
    There is a whole family of offenses out there that are exactly that. It isn't all double wings and flying wedges any more, Beano Cook.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

When newfish clueless college freshmen dorm dorks hijack HH, Pup takes time off...the floor, and I mean floor is yours. Pup prefers ceiling discussion

Race you like young boys, they're all yours

DormDorkDawg is a nifty handle
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

Auburn spreads the field side to side to get gaps to run in and if you close the gaps they throw it over you. You need a disciplined defense that stays home or you get burnt. Of course Auburn could line up and try to run it down our throats but since I actually watch SEC football and shit I won't make the same mistake pumpy makes in thinking that Auburn is a power team because they aren't.

Auburn IS a power run team. As much or more than Bama race you fucking dipshit. Malzahn, like Kelly at Oregon, is all about pounding rock out spread. Kelly averaged 273yds/game in exact same offense.

There is a whole family of offenses out there that are exactly that. It isn't all double wings and flying wedges any more, Beano Cook.
    Its not power out of the spread. Its a running team that uses deception not power

I made no value judgement on it

AIRWOLF said:

Its not power out of the spread. Its a running team that uses deception not power

I made no value judgement on it
    There are spread teams that utilize an H-back that literally run the Power play 20+ times a game. Those are downhill running teams.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The spread is about the numbers. If so many are in the box you run if more you pass. This is what is so irritating about the Husky offense. Its why they rarely line up and run no matter what. Instead we get the RPO and the genius Browning changing the call at the line to an incomplete out pass because his noodle arm can't get the ball out there

Power running is when you say I don't give a shit what's in the box, we're coming bitch with 9 blockers

The Bear 46 that we? stole that had the defense on the line of scrimmage to crush the run and kill the QB led to the spread long before Chip and the gang. UCLA in 1990 for one. Spread out quick pass, then BOOM up the gut for 80 yards

The spread is about the numbers. If so many are in the box you run if more you pass. This is what is so irritating about the Husky offense. Its why they rarely line up and run no matter what. Instead we get the RPO and the genius Browning changing the call at the line to an incomplete out pass because his noodle arm can't get the ball out there

Power running is when you say I don't give a shit what's in the box, we're coming bitch with 9 blockers

The Bear 46 that we? stole that had the defense on the line of scrimmage to crush the run and kill the QB led to the spread long before Chip and the gang. UCLA in 1990 for one. Spread out quick pass, then BOOM up the gut for 80 yards

Thanks for the history lesson. If you define a power running team as being one that runs against nine in the box, there aren't any of those any more. And there shouldn't be, because anybody who would do that regularly should be cleaning out gutters for a living rather than coaching football.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Thanks for the history lesson. If you define a power running team as being one that runs against nine in the box, there aren't any of those any more. And there shouldn't be, because anybody who would do that regularly should be cleaning out gutters for a living rather than coaching football.
    Doesn’t GT run an offense like that
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You'd think after being buttfucked by Oregon for a million years you'd have an appreciation for the spread run game.
    Quit living in the past....move forward. Kenny Wheaton isn't around anymore either.

AIRWOLF said:

And Paul Johnson has won just enough games to have been at GTech for a decade, get a contract extension, and absolutely destroy Tech's ability to attract high quality recruits.

AIRWOLF said:

Should also add that while Georgia Tech does run into loaded boxes all the time, the flexbone is NOT a "power" offense. The flexbone, and really all triple option offenses, are based on angle blocks, deception, and creating a numbers advantage for the offense. It is a good offense for a team with an undersized OL. That is why the service academies all run it. It is also why defining a power offense as one that runs the ball repeatedly versus a stacked box is nonsensical.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Too soon
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Too soon
    and I believe it was 88 yards
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Too soon
    and I believe it was 88 yards
    I thought you were LEAVing