Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round #1 (early 1970s) - #6 Black Sabbath vs #11 Elton John

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
What kind of boof does a pole between Black Sabbath and Elton John?

Round #1 (early 1970s) - #6 Black Sabbath vs #11 Elton John 45 votes

#6 Black Sabbath
62%
SwayeSoutherndawgRoadDawg55Mad_SongreenbloodBlackieDennis_DeYoungYouKnowItCokeGreaterThanPepsidncalumni94chuckdfleaBad_MotherDuckerAlexisIPukeOregonGrellowDoog_de_JourBearsWiinPetermanNEsnake12 28 votes
#11 Elton John
37%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverFire_Marshall_BillBennyBeaverCirrhosisDawgDeepSeaZAZDuckUWhuskytskeetoregonblitzkriegTequillaPurpleThrobberDooglesGrundleStiltzkinCougzzHuskyInAZLebamDawgbackthepack89ute 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #6 Black Sabbath
    If Sabbath doesn't make it to the round of 8 I am killing everything.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    #6 Black Sabbath
    Sabbath is godly
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #11 Elton John

How is this even a question.

Elton John should be up against Stephen Bishop in round one of 'soft rock from the 70s' 1 vs 16 seed.

Shit Pole. Shit Poaster. Pollster
    DDY is right, you know.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #6 Black Sabbath
    Sabbath is inarguably the much cooler band with kick ass music, but if people are considering importance to music I think you could make an argument for Elton John here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath

Sabbath is inarguably the much cooler band with kick ass music, but if people are considering importance to music I think you could make an argument for Elton John here.

Absolutely. Record sales are no event close. 300 million for Elton vs 70 million for Sabbath.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath

Absolutely. Record sales are no event close. 300 million for Elton vs 70 million for Sabbath.
    Yeap, unquestionably Elton is the bigger influence on music but no fucking way are you getting me to vote for him over Black Sabbath.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #6 Black Sabbath
    I'm not saying Sabbath wasn't influential in their own right. Don't twist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath
    Swaye said:

Fucking whoa! Number of albums sold has shit to do with influence on music. A guy playing a piano and singing great songs was nothing new. Hell Liberace already did that AND sucked dick, so Elton was no trendsetter. I love me some super ghey Elton, but come on man, Black Sabbath invented metal. Jesus. Fuck. Imbeciles.

Don't twist my use of that stat. Who did I seed higher? I know you're smarter than me and stuff.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    #11 Elton John
    Candle in the Wind, fuckers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath
    Swaye said:

If Sabbath doesn't make it to the round of 8 I am killing everything.

You can meet me an team Neil "Down by the River" in the next round, if Rod doesn't fuck me.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath
    Swaye said:

Fucking whoa! Number of albums sold has shit to do with influence on music. A guy playing a piano and singing great songs was nothing new. Hell Liberace already did that AND sucked dick, so Elton was no trendsetter. I love me some super ghey Elton, but come on man, Black Sabbath invented metal. Jesus. Fuck. Imbeciles.

Let's be clear, I love metal, I love Sabbath, and I'm not that into what Elton was slinging but purely based on name recognition alone Elton does win. If you polled artists that came after him there's probably going to be a ton more that site Elton than site Sabbath even though there will be a very vocal minority that site Sabbath as a HUGE influence rather than one of many. Now, if you want to go into the fact that Sabbath inspired a lot of other bands that became huge in their own right and therefore wins those bonus points, then yeah you can make an argument for more influential. Whatever, I still voted for Sabbath.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #11 Elton John
    Voted for Elton because he put out a ton of classics. With Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc. headed to the next round, need some more variety in the competition. Sabbath is great, but too similar to those other bands.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Black Sabbath

Voted for Elton because he put out a ton of classics. With Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc. headed to the next round, need some more variety in the competition. Sabbath is great, but too similar to those other bands.

Fuck off lumping GnR in with any of the rest of these bands.