Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mycah Pittman, 4* 2019 WR, Calabasas (HS), CA - Offered 4/19/18

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I hope @Dennis_DeYoung comes around on this kid because there is no way we don't close out a mixed race kid from Calabasas.

I was the one that pointed that 7-on-7 shit to Coker. I was like 'uh, wow'.

I don't know what to make of a WR who has better 7-on-7 film than game film... but when I saw that I was like 'wow'. Also - he won the fastest man.

I don't know why he ran 4.69 at a combine.

I think he can be a really good slot kid for us.
    Maybe it says he got better and faster since last fall.

Those reps were damn impressive.
    He ran the 4.69 like three weeks ago.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I hope @Dennis_DeYoung comes around on this kid because there is no way we don't close out a mixed race kid from Calabasas.

I was the one that pointed that 7-on-7 shit to Coker. I was like 'uh, wow'.

I don't know what to make of a WR who has better 7-on-7 film than game film... but when I saw that I was like 'wow'. Also - he won the fastest man.

I don't know why he ran 4.69 at a combine.

I think he can be a really good slot kid for us.
    Maybe it says he got better and faster since last fall.

Those reps were damn impressive.
    He ran the 4.69 like three weeks ago.
    His quickness is very impressive, which more important than long speed imo
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Are we all acting like 4.69 is a bad time for a high school player? It's not incredible or anything, but it's a pretty decent time. It's the exact same time as our golden boy Austin Osborne. You can't compare Opening results to Combine results. These guys are high school juniors.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Are we all acting like 4.69 is a bad time for a high school player? It's not incredible or anything, but it's a pretty decent time. It's the exact same time as our golden boy Austin Osborne. You can't compare Opening results to Combine results. These guys are high school juniors.

No we're surprised he was faster than Puka, who was over .10 faster at his Opening
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

4.69 at 6'3" is a lot different than 4.69 at 6'0"

But its just one datapoint. Maybe he was nursing an injury. Maybe he was under the weather. Maybe he got bad jumps. Whatever- we can see from the highlights that he is fast but also quick/sudden so I don't put too much stock in that number.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

4.69 at 6'3" is a lot different than 4.69 at 6'0"

But its just one datapoint. Maybe he was nursing an injury. Maybe he was under the weather. Maybe he got bad jumps. Whatever- we can see from the highlights that he is fast but also quick/sudden so I don't put too much stock in that number.
    Osborne is/was 6'2. He was also 174 lbs when he ran that time. Pittman was 194 lbs at 5'11". But yeah, it's also important to note that it's one data point. But it's still a decent time. Amon-Ra also ran that exact same time last year. I think that's a good comp for Pittman, personally.
    Before we start rationalizing too heavily...

Nacua ran a 4.57 3 weeks ago and apparently Pittman was faster than him at our camp.

4.69 is a dog shit time for a 5-11, 195 guy.

If he were 6-4, that’s different.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,966
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No matter how positive his quotes are about us he keeps getting cb'd to Florida so I am going to assume he gone.
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    hope he gets eaten by an actual alligator.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

hope he gets eaten by an actual alligator.

Or meets a TE like Aaron Hernandez
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Earn your pay, Lubick
    He's down to Oregon and Florida. lol
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,966
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He's down to Oregon and Florida. lol

Well that sucks. I liked him the most after Ngata.

An LA kid not interested in usc down to Florida and Oregon. With the qb's we have in the stable this is a miss.