Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (late 1980's to present) - #1 Nirvana vs our? #16 Soundgarden

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #1 Nirvana
    What did Soundgarden do that Judas Priest ot Iron Maiden didn’t?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    I still play "Come As You Are" on my 'Merican Strat and think that riff sounds cool. Nirvana wrote some good riffs for hackers who suck at guitar like me.
  • Options
    #1 Nirvana
    Also: I love Soundgarden.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    Damn Sliver was a cool fucking song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L8sF5GryY
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    #1 Nirvana

Alice In Chains is a joke.

Oh fuck no

Jof and Dirt are both fucking amazing. Cultural importance doesn't mean much to me, if I'm just going off the tunes its AIC all day, and I love Nirvana
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #16 Soundgarden
    dnc said:

Nirvana is one of the most important bands in the history of rock. Soundgarden is a really solid band.

Saying Nirvana is overhyped is weird. It’s like saying the Beatles are overhyped. They were truly great for a moment.

Soundgarden was making heavy music because they thought it was kind of funny, stupid and fun. Later they basically started to veer stylistically into Nirv territory.

I’m saying this as a person who knows, likes and respects people in Soundgarden. Everyone in that band knows Nirvana is better and more culturally important.

Alice In Chains is a joke.

You had a chin til that last line
    Stupid, stupid words...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #16 Soundgarden
    I take Soundgarden over AIC. But Would? might be the best song from the "grunge era."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L56DPmFl8w
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    #1 Nirvana
    Don't like either of these two assholes as people, but Cobain was a genius, musically and culturally, like him or not. A mesmerizing frontman and showman. Cornell in comparison is like that baby swimming in water on the Nevermind cover. And he's going to gurgle.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #16 Soundgarden

Don't like either of these two assholes as people, but Cobain was a genius, musically and culturally, like him or not. A mesmerizing frontman and showman. Cornell in comparison is like that baby swimming in water on the Nevermind cover. And he's going to gurgle.

You said the Stones we're the Poison of their generation so i doubt anyone is taking you seriously anyway. That's because you're clearly retarded, or looking to be controversial by saying stupid shit.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    #1 Nirvana
    dflea said:

You said the Stones we're the Poison of their generation so i doubt anyone is taking you seriously anyway. That's because you're clearly retarded, or looking to be controversial by saying stupid shit.
    Sounds like your feelings are hurt your boy Chris isn't going to win this one. Fake news about the Stones. They sound like glorified butt rock, like Poison or Warrant imo, but made it big because they were musically revolutionary and had big personalities to match. And lots of FREE PUB. That's all. Fuck off.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #16 Soundgarden

dflea said:

Sounds like your feelings are hurt your boy Chris isn't going to win this one. Fake news about the Stones. They sound like glorified butt rock, like Poison or Warrant imo, but made it big because they were musically revolutionary and had big personalities to match. And lots of FREE PUB. That's all. Fuck off.
    So they were everything Poison wasn't. Got it.

Good point. Good comparison.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #16 Soundgarden
    Imbeciles.
  • Options
    #1 Nirvana
    Soundgarden seeding is a joke.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    We want Bama!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    Swaye said:

Imbeciles.

Shit's gonna get real tomorrow when Black Sabbath plays Elton John.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #1 Nirvana
    Cool Story Bruh Time:

Was walking past the Allen Library in the late 90s and there was a crowd at one of the corners ... went over and looked and saw Spoonman playing

That and Jake Browning Sucks ... Nirvana still better, more influential, and lasting in history
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    #16 Soundgarden
    After this tournament is over, can we do a “Just the voice” bracket @YellowSnow? Lead singers going head to head would be the tits.

Also, this vote was really hard.
  • Options
    #1 Nirvana

After this tournament is over, can we do a “Just the voice” bracket @YellowSnow? Lead singers going head to head would be the tits.

Just rock vocals or all genres?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    #16 Soundgarden
    Tequilla said:

All genres if you want to do a 64, even then it might be tuff. Could just do a sweet 16 or some shit if needed.
  • Options
    #1 Nirvana

Tequilla said:

All genres if you want to do a 64, even then it might be tuff. Could just do a sweet 16 or some shit if needed.
    I’d put a Final Four of Frankie Valli, Jacko, Whitney, and Adele up against anybody