Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Excellent SI article on Jack Lockner

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

I thought he quit because he sucked?

There is no way he would have quit if he was playing well for a winning team. He can say whatever he wants, but he got burnt out over being a disappointment for a shit team.
    This is supposition.
    Jesus dude. Give it up. He can still be your hero and suck.

Gladstone said:

He could have got Ty fired and didn't

Dumb and unfair.
    Someone is sandy vaging over a guy who played at UW 50 years ago. Move on and find new man love.
    oh hey it's creepy 'more autism than a furry convention' coug

none of my posts had anything to do with locker as a talent as he largely sucked and was half the QB 2011 price was. maybe go outside and play.

edit apparently i'm a montlake jake doog. first time for everything i guess
    oh hey, it's gladstone, who doesn't really care about the Locker affair all that much, but somehow felt compelled to jump in with a wounded and drippy "Dumb and unfair" response to a poast that even Sledog would recognize as whooshable.

so maybe when Jake's done with his cock in your mouth go outside and wipe the man batter off your face.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

napping next to the key board? anxiously awaiting my response since 1:00 am?

you were better when you were quietly sand vaging over my disparagement of Central.
  • Options

Internet guys lets clean it up... not in the middle of store.

I'm sure Locker is a great guy, none of this is personal. He was a bad QB at UW but a good runner. He had a bad NFL career and decided that he wanted to move on as it wasn't for him. As many have said, if he was a GOOD NFL QB on a winning team he would probably still be playing. He could have been a journeyman backup probably, but writing a long ass soap opera piece like this makes it seem like he was a good QB who walked away. If this article was about Brady Quinn everyone would be cracking jokes here. It's cool Jake was able to make some good money and get out and enjoy life.

This.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Jake was a good but not great QB in college and the pros ... he had the talent to be better than he was but whether it was not full blown dedication in college (would his story be different with an OKG direction under Pete) or a train wreck of an organization in Tennessee always helped him be one of those maddening should be better than he is kind of guys.

As for Locker being responsible for Tyrone in 2008, that's just not fair to pin on him. The reality is that Tawdy got ahead of the firing and basically said he was going to play the race card if something happened to Tyrone (very similar to how many were sounding that narrative on firing Romar. Even though Emmert could have fired Tyrone with merit and moved away from the race angle in firing Tyrone, he chose not to at the time. Instead he more or less allowed Tyrone to fail in 2008 and the firing was made when it was clear to even the most PC of people that Tyrone had to be fired.

Whether you like Cohen or Cauce right now, you have to give them credit for being able to pull the trigger on Romar.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jake was a good but not great QB in college and the pros ... he had the talent to be better than he was but whether it was not full blown dedication in college (would his story be different with an OKG direction under Pete) or a train wreck of an organization in Tennessee always helped him be one of those maddening should be better than he is kind of guys.

As for Locker being responsible for Tyrone in 2008, that's just not fair to pin on him. The reality is that Tawdy got ahead of the firing and basically said he was going to play the race card if something happened to Tyrone (very similar to how many were sounding that narrative on firing Romar. Even though Emmert could have fired Tyrone with merit and moved away from the race angle in firing Tyrone, he chose not to at the time. Instead he more or less allowed Tyrone to fail in 2008 and the firing was made when it was clear to even the most PC of people that Tyrone had to be fired.

Whether you like Cohen or Cauce right now, you have to give them credit for being able to pull the trigger on Romar.

Doog revisionist history
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Gloves off Doog revisionist history
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jake and Jesus are one and the same.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

He could have got Ty fired and didn't

Dumb and unfair.
    30 Husky players organized secretly and were going to approach Emmert and tell him they were boycotting the team unless Willingham was fired. This was in January 2008, right after Emmert and Turner brought him back. It was either Hasty or Kirton that told me the group consensus was they couldn't do this without Jake being part of the effort. They knew Jake felt the same but it was iffy whether he would join them. Sure enough, Jake said he wanted no part of a threatened boycott. And the players never followed through with it and went on to the 0-12 season.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm halfway through it and it's a good read and great writing.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm drinking beer out of my desk drawer at the office waiting for the Cox guy so I have no idea what's going on here

Fuck Cox with a 100 foot pole

They make Concast look good.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018

I'm drinking beer out of my desk drawer at the office waiting for the Cox guy so I have no idea what's going on here

Fuck Cox with a 100 foot pole

They make Concast look good.
    It was actually the century link guy.

I hate cox. Century link is like half the speed but not dealing with cox is worth it.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018
    Tequilla said:

The UW Jack Lockner legacy: A Safety, peculiarly close to his mom, who QB’d shit UW teams.