Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #7 The Doors vs #10 The Byrds

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #7 The Doors vs #10 The Byrds 39 votes

#7 The Doors
76%
DerekJohnsonSwayeAlCzervikwhlinderSoutherndawgBennyBeaverRoadDawg55Mad_SongreenbloodBlackieUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItCokeGreaterThanPepsidncchuckdfleaDooglesBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinKaepsknee 30 votes
#10 The Byrds
23%
AZDuckDennis_DeYoungoregonblitzkriegTequillaLebamDawgBearsWiintheknowledge89uteBleachedAnusDawg 9 votes

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #7 The Doors
    NOC. I knew this one would end up a rout although I think the Bryds deserved to make it in for the 60s Region.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #10 The Byrds
    Even though the Byrds violate my rule about too many members, I just don't like the Doors/Jim Morrison.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #10 The Byrds
    89ute said:

Even though the Byrds violate my rule about too many members, I just don't like the Doors/Jim Morrison.

Not a huge Doors guy
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #7 The Doors
    Tequilla said:

89ute said:

Not a huge Doors guy
    I am a YUGE Doors guys. Top 3 American band of the 60s and 70s.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #10 The Byrds
    I’m disagreeing that the Doors deserve that credit ... they just never have been a band that I’ve been that crazy about

I will listen to Turn, Turn, Turn and Mr Tambourine Man over anything from The Doors
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This one, I vote for SMOD.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Shoutout to John and Michelle Phillips for procreating this fine piece of ass.

Which then led me to the nice pic of Josie Bissett who was/is a fine piece of ass as well.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #7 The Doors
    This one's over in the 1st half.

Empty the benches.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #10 The Byrds
    Couldn't name one song by The Byrds, but fuck The Doors. Shit band. Glad the singer died young.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #10 The Byrds
    Easily the toughest choice for me yet (outside of Styx vs. AC/DC).

They occupy the same sort of affection in my life. Still, Eight Miles High is one of my favorite all time songs. I have loved the Doors a lot in my time, but on balance I see the genius of the Byrds more as I get older.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Il9q397lL0
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #7 The Doors

They occupy the same sort of affection in my life. Still, Eight Miles High is one of my favorite all time songs. I have loved the Doors a lot in my time, but on balance I see the genius of the Byrds more as I get older.

And they basically started cuntry rock along with Gram Parson's pervious group, The International Submarine Band.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    #7 The Doors

Great song, the best of the Byrds IMO. Well done, Maserati murderer ... fagoty wink.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #7 The Doors

And they basically started cuntry rock along with Gram Parson's pervious group, The International Submarine Band.

Queen of the Rodeo >>>>> Sweetheart of the Rodeo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgy8IPFVG5g
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #7 The Doors

The 2 great singles that kick started psychedelic rock were Eight Miles High and Shapes of Things by the Yardbirds. They both beat the Beatles to the punch. Roger McGuin's 12 string Rickenbacker into is based on John Coltrane saxamaphone noodling and some Indian raga type shit. Brilliant.
    Founders Club
    #7 The Doors

The 2 great singles that kick started psychedelic rock were Eight Miles High and Shapes of Things by the Yardbirds. They both beat the Beatles to the punch. Roger McGuin's 12 string Rickenbacker into is based on John Coltrane saxamaphone noodling and some Indian raga type shit. Brilliant.
    Chinned for Eight Miles High, but not feeling Shapes of Things. Good song, but not anywhere near the same caliber, or even the best of the Yardbirds.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #7 The Doors

Chinned for Eight Miles High, but not feeling Shapes of Things. Good song, but not anywhere near the same caliber, or even the best of the Yardbirds.
    My favorite Byrds song is "Wasn't Born to Follow" cuz Easy Rider but that's another story.
    Founders Club
    #7 The Doors

My favorite Byrds song is "Wasn't Born to Follow" cuz Easy Rider but that's another story.
    That's a good one. Cheers!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #10 The Byrds
    When you did the thread on alt-cuntry I had to look it up as I didn't have a clue - Parsons is mentioned in wikipedia (yes that is my source) as a founder of it. I was surprised. Love Sweetheart of the Rodeo
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes