Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #4 Hendrix vs #13 Velvet Underground

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi is the Michael Jordan of the electric guitar. Nuff said.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    chuck said:

You can't seed Hendrix ahead of the three acts in front if him guys. Three amazing studio albums, a half baked release by Band of Gypsies,and a bunch of money grab compilations released after his death simply can't match the overall production of the top three...like them or not.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

Jimi is the Michael Jordan of the electronic guitar. Nuff said.

This is like a military battle between the UK and Norway. Norway's a great place... but...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

This is like a military battle between the UK and Norway. Norway's a great place... but...
    Yes VU is fucking amazing but Jimi is the greatest electric guitarist of all time. Dude had a dope voice too and awesome lyrics.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

Yes VU is fucking amazing but Jimi is the greatest electronic guitarist of all time. Dude had a dope voice too and awesome lyrics.
    Electronic guitarist?

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,884
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    People forget that if Wilson Pickett and Jimi had teamed up it would have been the greatest band of all tim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gR11RZ4iNbk
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    Having said what I said above...my phone, old cd case, and media files on my desktop are dominated by four acts...Beatles, Jimi, Dylan, and Neil Young. The stones aren't far behind. I honestly don't know how I'll vote when/if any of these are matched up. I'll probably abstain.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

If you can't see Jimi's seeding is a fucking joke I can't help you.

The competition if stiff here. Everyone ahead of him was more influential overall. Now if Jimi had MORE TIME, then who knows how it would have played out.
    Sorry, this is objectively wrong. Nothing from that era has influenced music more than how Jimi transformed the way the electric guitar was played. You could argue Jimi is a 1 seed if you combined all eras if you want to talk about sheer influence. There isn't a single musician on any list that has been imitated more than Jimi Hendrix.
    Fucking this. Jimi was so far ahead of his time and changed the role of the guitar in rock music. His use of feedback was unreal. The way he would improvise within the chords by playing individual notes and still keep the tempo was fucking amazing. Little Wing is only 2 and a half min, but it captures his unmatched brilliance
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    chuck said:

Having said what I said above...my phone, old cd case, and media files on my desktop are dominated by four acts...Beatles, Jimi, Dylan, and Neil Young. The stones aren't far behind. I honestly don't know how I'll vote when/if any of these are matched up. I'll probably abstain.

Today’s pussy post of the day
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #13 Velvet Underground
    Swaye said:

Anybody who votes Velvet Underground sucks.

As a meth smoking Duck, Heroin is my unofficial theme song.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

chuck said:

You can't seed Hendrix ahead of the three acts in front if him guys. Three amazing studio albums, a half baked release by Band of Gypsies,and a bunch of money grab compilations released after his death simply can't match the overall production of the top three...like them or not.

dnc said:

Yes VU is fucking amazing but Jimi is the greatest electronic guitarist of all time. Dude had a dope voice too and awesome lyrics.
    Electronic guitarist?

NMTE

Earl Thomas Jesus is best Jeebus.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Ok douchenozzle.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Maybe I'll be tequilla tough and take off the gloves so to speak. That might gain me the will and toughness to vote for one of my favorites over another.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    Founders Club
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix

Disagree on everything Velvet Underground. No talent hacks championed by drug induced music writers

You're kidding... they have tons of great songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytK660FVoTw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugY9CwhfzE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4wKYrky4k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK82JvRY5s

If you don't like these you need to do more drugs.
    I've done my fair share but haven't killed enough brain cells apparently to even pretend to think this is good music
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi is a badass. Not a great singer but he didn't needs to be. His guitar did all the singing.

That's about as emo-gay as I can get when writing about someone.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited April 2018
    #13 Velvet Underground

I'm waiting for the man, 26 dollars in my hand...oh wait the man is Hendrix

this is a fucking terrible seed. VU should be much higher and not go against Hendrix in Round 1. They were way too influential for this. Arguably, American punk rock and alternative music came from the Velvets, the Goo Goo New York Dolls, and the Ramones.

fuck
  • Options
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    AZDuck said:

this is a fucking terrible seed. VU should be much higher and not go against Hendrix in Round 1. They were way too influential for this. Arguably, American punk rock and alternative music came from the Velvets, the Goo Goo Dolls, and the Ramones.

fuck
    The Goo Goo dolls???
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    #13 Velvet Underground
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

this is a fucking terrible seed. VU should be much higher and not go against Hendrix in Round 1. They were way too influential for this. Arguably, American punk rock and alternative music came from the Velvets, the Goo Goo Dolls, and the Ramones.

fuck
    The Goo Goo dolls???
    My brain is half fried from drinking margaritas last night and shoveling 8 inches of snow this morning.

fuck off
  • Options
    #4 Our? Jimi Hendrix
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

fuck
    The Goo Goo dolls???
    My brain is half fried from drinking margaritas last night and shoveling 8 inches of snow this morning.

fuck off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWBuvaMvdt4