Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #8 Creedence Clearwater Revival vs #9 Cream

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Put me in corch, I'm ready to play!!

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #8 Creedence Clearwater Revival vs #9 Cream 42 votes

#8 Creedence Clearwater Revival
69%
SwayewhlinderSoutherndawgCirrhosisDawgMad_SonDeepSeaZAZDuckUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItCokeGreaterThanPepsidncchuckdfleaoregonblitzkriegDooglesKaepskneeJaWarrenJaHookerEwaDawgAlexisPitchfork51 29 votes
#9 Cream
30%
BennyBeaverRoadDawg55Dennis_DeYoungTequillaBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinIPukeOregonGrellowLebamDawgBearsWiinEl_KJoeEDangerouslyUW_Doog_BotDoogCourics 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This was a really difficult choice for me personally. Ginger Baker is a top 3 rock drummer of all time for me and I love Cream's body of work. They, along with Hendrix, the Who, and Jeff Beck laid the foundation for the first wave of Metal- i.e., Sabbath and LZ. But god damnit, the John Foggerty was a one man hit machine between 1969 and 1970 the likes of rich the rock world has hardly seen. Seriously, all of CCR's great songs were recorded over about 18 months. That's fucking nuts.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tough one here to....but "747 coming outta the sky...." is tough to beat.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good matchup of two of my favorites. CCR pretty easy win when it's all said and done though.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #9 Cream
    Cream doesn't have many good songs, but CCR doesn't have any.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

This was a tough choice. IMO, Cream was way more talented, but CCR had more "good" songs. Besides the Brits will probably win this tourney in the end, gotta go with an underdog.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

CCR has always annoyed me. That 'we are from SF, but we act like we are swampies from Nola' bullshit never went for me.

They are definitely not SF. They are East Bay- i.e., Fast Strategy.

• Options
    Founders Club

This was a tough choice. IMO, Cream was way more talented, but CCR had more "good" songs. Besides the Brits will probably win this tourney in the end, gotta go with an underdog.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #9 Cream
    Swaye said:

Too much Lars.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #9 Cream
    If for no other reason, the Ginger Baker documentary on Netflix.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Chinned for the fuck you, but Naptser hating Metallica?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

White Room and Sunshine of Your Love better than anything CCR could ever dream of

Disagree. The rhythm section and groove of Born on the Bayou is better than anything Cream could have dreamed of.

People forget that by the end of Cream's tenure, Clapton, was sick of the heavy stuff and wanted to go all in with roots rocks. Delaney and Bonney anyone? JJ Cale?

Try Hard White People roots rocks is the shit.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

White Room and Sunshine of Your Love better than anything CCR could ever dream of

Disagree. The rhythm section and groove of Born on the Bayou is better than anything Cream could have dreamed of.

People forget that by the end of Cream's tenure, Clapton, was sick of the heavy stuff and wanted to go all in with roots rocks. Delaney and Bonney anyone? JJ Cale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVGTGW0cCw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAYGVIkbok&list=RDBKAYGVIkbok&t=48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4tR9RaEPCc

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #9 Cream

Tequilla said:

Southern Rockers that don’t rock deserve to be lapping the sweat off of @WilburHooksHands taint
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Southern Rockers that don’t rock deserve to be lapping the sweat off of @WilburHooksHands taint
    WTF'd on two counts. First, CCR was not a southern band. They were from California attempting to emulate a Southern Rock sound. And second, some of the best music of the late 60's and early 70's rolled out of Florida and Georgia as well as from recording studios in Alabama. The Stones, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Eric Clapton, the Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Seger, Cat Stevens, and a whole lot more.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I could care less about Lars and his personal quest against Napster. Metallica not only created an entire style of music, even though they were first, nobody, out of hundreds of bands that have tried, have ever done it better. You would be hard pressed to find a band with more bona fide legendary songs in almost any genre - Mandatory Metallica routinely plays two dozen songs through the loop and every single one of them is bad ass. Handful of bands ever in any genre have that many "hits." Most well known bands have one or two great albums. Three if they are lucky. Less than a half dozen have 5 like Metallica, and 6 if you count Garage Days. All in an un-radio friendly format (8 minute songs?!?!?!), with no support from MTV or radio until One.

I get that I am a fanboy, but I was in a packed stadium listening to them in 1985, and then again last year - 32 years in between shows and they have only gotten louder, harder, and better. Best live shows ever. Ever. And I have seen a TON of bands live. They are just the GOAT.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I could care less about Lars and his personal quest against Napster. Metallica not only created an entire style of music, even though they were first, nobody, out of hundreds of bands that have tried, have ever done it better. You would be hard pressed to find a band with more bona fide legendary songs in almost any genre - Mandatory Metallica routinely plays two dozen songs through the loop and every single one of them is bad ass. Handful of bands ever in any genre have that many "hits." Most well known bands have one or two great albums. Three if they are lucky. Less than a half dozen have 5 like Metallica, and 6 if you count Garage Days. All in an un-radio friendly format (8 minute songs?!?!?!), with no support from MTV or radio until One.

I get that I am a fanboy, but I was in a packed stadium listening to them in 1985, and then again last year - 32 years in between shows and they have only gotten louder, harder, and better. Best live shows ever. Ever. And I have seen a TON of bands live. They are just the GOAT.

#2 Metallica tips off tomorrow against cream puff #15 Black Keys. It's gonna get ugly in a hurry.