Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (60's Groups) - #2 Rolling Stones vs #15 Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    Crosby Stills Nash and Done
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

There are two Rolling Stoneses on some level: the Mick Stones which is just “let’s do what everyone else is doing” and the Keith Stones which produced all their classic work.

If you just take the Keith Stones, they are as good as anyone... the Mick Stones are basically Stone Temple Pilots.

Stone Temple Pilots were amazing. I wish I would have seen them live.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

There are two Rolling Stoneses on some level: the Mick Stones which is just “let’s do what everyone else is doing” and the Keith Stones which produced all their classic work.

If you just take the Keith Stones, they are as good as anyone... the Mick Stones are basically Stone Temple Pilots.

Gate.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

I actually saw them open for MegaDeth in the early 90's before anyone knew who they were. I remember thinking to myself, I hope that lead singer up there dies of an overdose one day.

They were fucking terrible live. Tbh, so was Megadeth.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #15 Crosby, Stills, and Nash
    Velvet Revolver had some cool shit though.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    # 2 The Rolling Stones

Velvet Revolver had some cool shit though.

Agree.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    Swaye said:

I actually saw them open for MegaDeth in the early 90's before anyone knew who they were. I remember thinking to myself, I hope that lead singer up there dies of an overdose one day.

They were fucking terrible live. Tbh, so was Megadeth.
    Also saw Stone Temple Pilots live opening for someone else, did not think enough of them to even wish death upon them(safe post). Went and waited in the shortened beer line instead.

Saw Megadeath live once but maybe in the mid 2000's? with Iron Maiden? Can't remember. Also can't remember if it was their original line up or not. Either way, they were really good.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    CSN&Y had exactly two good songs (Judy Blue Eyes and Southern Cross), neither of which would crack the Stones' Top Ten
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    # 2 The Rolling Stones
    BearsWiin said:

CSN&Y had exactly two good songs (Judy Blue Eyes and Southern Cross), neither of which would crack the Stones' Top Ten

Woodstock was good. Wooden Ships was good. Ohio was actually a CSNY song and is incredible.

But you're mostly right. CSN were mostly undeserving of Young's assistance, as he repeatedly realized. They'd do well in a singer/ songwriter battle with the likes of Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, James Taylor etc.