Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 - #6 Bruce Springsteen vs #11 Ramones

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
The Boss vs the birth of Punk

Round 1 - #6 Bruce Springsteen vs #11 Ramones 47 votes

#6 Bruce Springsteen
42%
DerekJohnsonFire_Marshall_BillBennyBeaverCirrhosisDawgRoadDawg55Mad_SonYouKnowItchuckTequillaDooglesKaepskneeEwaDawgLebamDawgDoog_de_JourtheknowledgebackthepackYellowSnowJoeEDangerouslyBlastDoorDoogCourics 20 votes
#11 The Ramones
57%
SwayeSoutherndawgThomasFremontAZDuckDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetGladstoneCokeGreaterThanPepsidncdfleaoregonblitzkriegbiak1Bad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinJaWarrenJaHookerAlexisHuskyInAZIPukeOregonGrellowBearsWiinNEsnake12 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

Opposite of abundance

Lot of soul searching for me on this one. The 1st Ramones LP and the 3rd, Rocket to Russia are amongst my all time favs. Their influence cannot be overstated I think on the history of rock music. All that said, Jake Browning sucks, and Springsteen has mor great albums and a creative peak that lasted much longer- i.e, 1973- 87. Ramones started to run out of good ideas after only a few years.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Christ - this is an NIT matchup.

Wood smash 18 year old Courtney Cox though. Perky nips.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

Christ - this is an NIT matchup.

Wood smash 18 year old Courtney Cox though. Perky nips.

The rock intelligentsia / punditry doesn't agree and there's where a lot of these ranking are coming from. Not saying they are right, so don't twist.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #6 Bruce Springsteen
    This was a tough one.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    #11 The Ramones
    Swaye said:

The Boss could get run over tomorrow for all I care. FTG

Agree. Cheers Redman.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

Swaye said:

Agree. Cheers Redman.
    Be the Boss of a member of Tony Soprano's crew and then Popoff.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

Swaye said:

Agree. Cheers Redman.
    Be the Boss of a member of Tony Soprano's crew and then Popoff.

For a shitty guitar player he's fucking arrogant about it. Bruce can shred though and fans rarely get to witness it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #11 The Ramones
    @Doog_de_Jour I thought our forbidden love had a chance until I saw you vote for Springsteen.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #6 Bruce Springsteen
    The Ramones are posers who did nothing but plagiarize.shit.fucko. I'm guessing it's the millenial fags that are driving their success here.

You know like the ones that never saw them gayme.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen
    salemcoog said:

The Ramones are posers who did nothing but plagiarize.shit.fucko. I'm guessing it's the millenial fags that are driving their success here.

Plagiarizing shit my ass fucko. They tore up the script basically got the whole Punk and New Wave thing going.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #11 The Ramones
    salemcoog said:

lol

Jesus.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

The Ramones are top 10 rock band. Bruce is a fag for white people who don't understand irony and middle class Black people like Obama that need to say they like a white guy, even though they really don't and he seems relatively enjoyable on some level.

Bruce started out as a bad Bob Dylan fake then on his trajectory toward adult contemporary artist, he hit a sweet spot with Born to Run. Everything else is garbage.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

The Ramones are top 10 rock band. Bruce is a fag for white people who don't understand irony and middle class Black people like Obama that need to say they like a white guy, even though they really don't and he seems relatively enjoyable on some level.

Bruce started out as a bad Bob Dylan fake then on his trajectory toward adult contemporary artist, he hit a sweet spot with Born to Run. Everything else is garbage.

"Now I wanna sniff some glue" is one of the great FAST STRATEGY anthems of all time.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    #11 The Ramones

Anyone saying the Ramones are posers has no fucking idea what the Ramones are. They basically started a genre of music that didn't exist - taking what was good from early rock and what was good from heavy rock and mixed them. Their lyrical themes were (although not to my taste per se) groundbreaking in their 'outsider' vibe (although their songs like Rockaway Beach were sort of a fast strategy white guy update of a Chuck Berry/Beach Boys narrative).

And they did it all with total lack of self-awareness. Their fucking main songwriter had a lobotomy for fuck's sake - and after the Ramones, he unironically tried to be a rapper named Dee Dee King.

Christ.
  • Options
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

salemcoog said:

Plagiarizing shit my ass fucko. They tore up the script basically got the whole Punk and New Wave thing going.
    Kreist. Right because noone had ever heard of the Stooges, Pistols or Bowie before them.

And New Wave isn't anything close to Punk.

But then again you had Elvis fucking Costello in this shit tourney....

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    #11 The Ramones
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Kreist. Right because noone had ever heard of the Stooges, Pistols or Bowie before them.

David Bowie was not Punk.

The Pistols got their musical direction from the Ramones: ask the Pistols - they basically formed when the Ramones played in the UK.

The proto-punk bands were the Stooges and the MC5. Both were amazing.
  • Options
    #6 Bruce Springsteen

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

David Bowie was not Punk.

The Pistols got their musical direction from the Ramones: ask the Pistols - they basically formed when the Ramones played in the UK.

The proto-punk bands were the Stooges and the MC5. Both were amazing.
    Disagree.

This is Punk and it's before any of those bitch hipped Ramones fags did anything.

https://youtu.be/zLnPd7lzT4g